Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cold meds make fun dreams...

wa11z has been posting about a strange dream so I thought I would post up one I had recently. Thank you Christy for the title of this post because its so damn true.

For the past 3 week, almost 4 now, I have been sick as hell. Seriously. It started as the flu and went into a nasty case of bronchitis. I went to the doctor twice for medicine. This second time I was given some codine. Liquid party favors.

He asked for help trying to figure out what his dream meant. I think I summed it up very well for him. Now I need to figure out what mine meant.

It started out as walking down a street. Im not sure what street it was but around here all the houses look the same. I was coming up towards a corner and could see the back and the left side of a 3 story house. Let me describe the houses here. They are long a very tall. We refer to the apartments as flats in this style house. All the main rooms are on one side and the kitchen is in the back. Bedrooms are along the other side. Most of the houses are a 2 story with an attic but you will find some 3 story ones.

Anywho, I can see the back of the house clearly. Its also a light blue siding. There is a tree growing up out of the ground close up to the building but then goes into the first floor window. Then comes out the second floor window that is above it and then goes back into the third floor and then comes out of the attic window above that. There are no leaves on the tree though. I thought this was very odd. Why would a tree be growing in and out of a house?

The next thing I know, I am inside the house with about 8 or so other women but I didnt know any of them. The ages ranged from about 20 to 50. Everyone was sitting around in one room on pillows or various furniture. And they were all eating catfood. The kind you get in a can. It was like some kind of weird party and this was the main course.

We were all clothed so get your minds out of the gutter. This wasnt a fetish party. To tell the truth, I dont know what kind of party it was. But I wasnt eatting any of the cat food. Are you kidding me? I remembered that I had abotu $30 in my pocket so I got up and went into the other room and called in a pizza to be delivered. When I told everyone what I did, they all thought I was some kind of goddess or something.

Thats when I woke up.

I know that I have been dreaming the last few nights but I think Ive been too tired in the morning to remember them. Im blaming the really cool drugs the doctor gave me.

7 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

My guess is that the back of the building represents your subconscious. You seeing it means it has come to the forefront of your of your conscious - no longer hidden from you. The tree growing in and out of the windows is a thread that permeates and connects different times in your life (the different women of varying ages). Dunno about the pizza.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe I was hungry and unwilling to eat cat food.

I was thinking that what you say is true but then it may not be about me. It may have been something to do with Cami. I had this dream after she did her Christmas wish to me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

You're the dream expert. I'm just learning. You know better than I do. :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

wow that sounds like its out of some creepy indie movie or some techno video by basement jaxs, prodigy, or something to that effect. i don't know anything about interpreting dreams nor will I attempt to, but smart thinking with the pizza...I always, always have weird dreams when I take medication especially the painkilling kind.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi taylor!! Welcome!!

Yeah i do get weird dreams on medications or when I eat something I shouldnt late at night.

I have a post in the archives where I have had some weird ones about being in highschool. I think everyone gets those though. I chalked those up to insecurities in my life right now.

But the ones where Im being chased or hit by a truck are the ones I cant explain. Weird but its always a 7-up truck.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I hit the ground once, in those falling dreams. I am almost positive I died in the dream because everything went white then I was walking through a forest at sundown and was slightly translucent, man that was weird.

9:00 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Acutally if you dream you died then chances are, in real life you did. At least thats what they say.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home