Monday, January 01, 2007

Amusing information....

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Amusing information.....

Ok so I live in a really old house. Its a really good idea to have a smoke alarm as well as a CO alarm.

Well I have a CO alarm plugged into a center outlet and it also has a battery backup in case the power goes out. I have two areas for smoke alarms. One in the kitchen and one in the dining room. I know that its sad to say that the one in the dining room never really worked all that well.

One day the fuel man came and over filled the oil tank. We heat by oil forced air. Well the smell alone from that over fill was enough to gag ya. For about 3 days, the windows were kept open just in case. You would have thought that the CO alarm would have gone off. Alas it didnt. This actually upset me.

So about a week or so ago, my father bought me a fancy schmancy new fire and CO alarm. With a battery back up. Thi replaced the one in the dining room and was attached to the ceiling in the hall area between the kitchen and the dining room. Now mind you that I live on the second floor. Im thinking the CO part wont work so well up on the ceiling so I still have the original one plugged in with a new battery in it.

Well anywho, this alarm is also a talking one. I think its also a chemical sensitive one. I have burned candles right under it and it didnt go off. Everyone come in my house and smokes while walking under it and it doesnt go off.

But damned if I put some sausage on to cook, the sucker went off. And it couldnt just beep. Oh no. It will sure a hell wake the entire block. But the thing is, I couldnt stop laughing because it was going Beep-Beep-Beep Fire! Fire! Get Out!! Get Out!! Beep-Beep-Beep Fire! Fire! and so forth.

I nearly busted my gut laughing at this thing because the sound of the computer voice they had on there was exactly like Beavis saying Fire Fire. Heh heh. Fire Fire. How the hell can you take this thing seriously?

4 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

LOL!!!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Just wait until it tells you it needs TP for it's bunghole. Then it will get scary.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So should I actually burn stuff now?

LOLOL

8:48 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Heh heh. Fire.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home