Saturday, December 16, 2006

Santa part 2

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Santa part 2....

First I have to let you know what little thing that has nothing to do with the title. I went to my fathers the other night without Cami because she was still fighting with her homework to get it done in time for bed. Yeah she hates it that much.

Anywho, my father calls me up and tells me to come over to get some things that he brought home for me. I drive over and mind you that its already dark outside. We all know how much I hate being out in the dark. Yes I am afraid of it but at the same time, I live in the city. Scary stuff here.

So I go over and I sit on the sofa watching the news with him. Suddenly the power goes out. Ok, so Im deathly afraid of power outages. But while sitting with someone like my father, its a fear you dont show. I just sit there and stare out the window. Not like I can see anything.

He gets up and bitching and complaining that they were supposed to do this a few hours ago. I had no clue what he was talking about but it was something along the lines of a power test in the area. Ummmm ok. Im clueless.

I can hear him in the kitchen rummaging through stuff looking for something. I know he has a candle on the stand next to his chair but my luck I would knock something over getting to it and it would result in me getting bruised. I think I will just stay where I am. Safer that way.

A few minutes later he snaps a glow stick and proceeds to hang it up from a string in the kitchen doorway leading to the livingroom. So sooner does he reach for the string, the power comes back on. Wouldnt ya know it, I learned some new words. Yep, he was cursing away. He said he knew it was a five minute power lock. Well then why the hell didnt he just sit there like I did for five minutes?

Ok. Back to the topic at hand. Santa. The wonderful man that puts candy in our socks every year.

To start this one out, the teacher that I work for bought a book the other night. Its a book about Santa. I have read a gazillion of them but this one was more special than the others. Lest just say that by the time she was done reading it to the kids, I had to have this book.

So off to the mall I went with Cami and my father. We went to dinner and then to the book store. Sure enough, there it was. All shiny and new. Yes it is shiny because it has a jewel on the front. Seriously. Go check it out. Its an excellent book. I highly recommend it. Buy it for a child in your family or even for yourself. Its the perfect book to read on Christmas Eve.

So we get the book and now she wants to go to see Santa. Yep, the mall one. Now mind you that we all know hes not the real one. And we also all know that the mall Santas are different all the time because they have to take shifts. Keep that one in mind now.

We are in line about four kids back. Someone is geting really impatient. Yes its me. Not that I really need to get up there to see Santa but its the kid in line behind me. She is literally screaming her head off and its ear piercing. Maybe its just me, but if your kid is afraid of seeing a fat man in a red suit then why the hell are you forcing her to actually have to face him? To me thats traumatizing the poor child. Yeah, lets force her to see the man and then tell her that hes the one that will be stalking through the house on Christmas Eve. Great parenting there folks.

Anywho, its our turn and up Cami goes and she has to show him the book. Well this is where its gets amusing. She steps up around the little pole that they have as a decoration and wouldnt you know it, the first words out of his mouth are.... You're back!! HA!!! He remebered her. Mind you that this is a man that has seen her only once before and hes also seen at least a thousand kids in between. Now this is a good Santa. Id hire him.

So hes sitting there reading the book and shes showing him special pages from it. You know like the one that has the special garden dome for where the elves grow their food because they very well cant grow anything in the snow. Im amused. The camera lady even comes over to look and then talks to me on the side about where I got it from so she could get one too.

This is where it also gets good. Hes sitting there and asks her if she still wants that video fashion thing. This man is good. I cant believe his memory. I need to make sure that I put in a good letter of recommendation for him for next year. Im serious. Usually the mall Santas dont remember this sort of thing with all the kids that they see during the time they work there.

Well she agrees that this is all she wants and hes still amazed. Im sure he gets kids there that have a list a mile long. You know, just buy the toy store and leave the keys in the stocking sort of thing.

When we finally left, she agreed to go see him at least one more time. Im hoping that it will be the same one. Shes not stupid ya know. She will know.

Well now here we are this morning and what do you think she does? She puts a note on my desk before I woke up. Its a list of all the things she wants to go along with that game. Like a new doll, a PS3 and an Xbox 360.

Imagine that.

3 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Get her a Nintendo Wii, instead. You'll love playing it, too.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that?

7:27 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Look up "wii" on YouTube and you will find out (and laugh yourself silly at how stupid people look while playing it)! :-)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home