Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The key to holiday survival.....

The key to holiday survival...... Dont ask me what it is. I thought you would know and be able to tell me.

It is now almost 11pm on the day after Christmas. I think I have finally been given the grace to sit and relax. All day today I have played board games, tried to figure out DVD games and watched a Barbie movie at least 6 times.

Did you know that the Barbie doll of the 12 Dancing Princesses has to have two AA batteries installed one in each leg? What a pain in the ass that was getting the screws out. Then getting them back in only to find out that there is a button on the back of one leg that makes the skirt spin. Reminder that I shouldnt be putting in the batteries while accidently pressing the button at the same time. Stupid skirt slapped me in the face.

I would like to ask one simple question though. Who the hell in their right mind puts these boxes together? I mean, what kind of moron does all the twisty ties and tape and string and those little plastic tab things that hold the dolls head to the box. Is there some kind of IQ to qualify to have that job? If there is then I want them all fired. Holy Moly!!! I think I busted a few knuckles trying to get her dolls out of the packages.

I also had to install a padlock on the pantry door today. Someone, yes I mean someone, decided to have a midnight snack. She opened the lid of a new frosting can and didnt even bother to remove the foil. She just poked her whole hand through and ate half a can of chocolate frosting. No wonder it was 3am and her tv was on.

This is also the same child that drank 4 cups of orange juice while I was in the shower this morning. I would really hate to be her during the next couple of days worth of potty breaks. All that acid in orange juice cant be pretty.

I was going to go to the mall today just to walk. I have this thing that I love to walk but my neighborhood isnt exactly the safest place to do so with a 7 year old. So we go to the mall to do it. Yeah I deal with the begging and the pleading for me to buy something but she knows that she doesnt get anything if she begs. Does it stop her? Nope. But I never made it to the mall because of the rain.

Yeah no snow this Christmas. In fact, no snow for here at all so far. I will jinx it and we get slammed. If it does snow and we have to dig ourselves out, make it for next week so we get more time off. I need the extra vacation. Also tomorrow I have to call one of the offices to get a new ID badge done. I really dont have to but my old one still has the name of the school that I used to work at on it.

Also Ive been coughing up some really nasty stuff out of my lungs. Ive been so sick with fevers and a cough for over a week now. Strange thing about is that for the first few days, I had a high fever. Then came the pain in the mid back which told me that my lungs were filling up. Not a good sign.

I was taking meds for it but nothing seemed to help. My upper sinus chambers above my eyes were where the pain was. Nothing plugged. Nothing congested there either. But when I coughed, my head hurt. No Im not an alien. Its true. Weird huh?

Last Wed morning, Cami threw up a few times so I knew I wasnt going to school. I felt like crap myself so it was a blessing. But when I went to get a drink, it went into my mouth and right back out again. Wonderful.

I spent the greater part of the weekend bending over on the kitchen floor hacking up my lungs. It was pretty nasty but at least it was coming out. Solid. Yeah, solid stuff coming from my lungs. Not the slimy stuff but solid stuff. Seems that my inhaler does work for this.

Well Ive lost my voice now and the coughing isnt as bad. But now comes the sinus draining. Wait, it wasnt there before.

Oh and my nose is numb. Yeah tingly numb. You know like when your foot falls asleep. Nothing like a pins and needles feeling in your face.

So tomorrow Im definately going to the mall. I need to get out of here for a while. I need the entertainment of watching people in those long lines trying to return stuff. Im sure I will have something amusing to post about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home