Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dream a little dream...

For some reason, this dream that I had this afternoon has been bothering me a little. I have been plagued with some pretty wild dreams over the years. Most are repeats that really freak me out. Almost nightmareish. Is that spelled right? Oh well if it aint.

But let me start with one that does hit me alot. For some damn reason, I am usually topless in my dreams. I have no idea why. I am wearing a bra in most of them. Hey, thats a little bit of comfort for me. At least I wont get busted for public nudity.

One of the dreams that happens is where Im in highschool. Thing is, Im the age I am now. But the problem is that I have a binder in my hand that I clutch to my chest, for obvious reasons. But Im walking down the halls and I see alot of people that I know and recognize. Some from back then and most from now. Weird huh? We are all in highschool again watching the half nekked chick walking the halls. Thing is, no one sees this as odd. They say Hi to me and just carry on in their lives like its nothing new to see me topless.

Well the bell rings and I start walking down the halls again. Passing classes and looking in. Im in a sort of panic because I dont know what class Im in. I dont even have a schedule. Its locked in my locker. I go to the office and find out where my locker is and wouldnt you know it, I dont have the combination to open it. So once again, I go back to the office to get it and they said that they cant give it out to me here and to wait for it to come in the mail at home. What the hell is that supposed to mean? And what stupid class am I supposed to be in? They wont tell me that either. So I leave. Thats where my dream ends.

The other dream is very scary to me. Im in a house, that to me reminds me of a furniture store. A bunch of open rooms that lead from one to the other. You step up a couple of steps and walk through one and step down a couple of steps to walk through another. There are about 10 of these all on one floor. There is a kitchen in the back and a side door in one of the rooms. There is a front door and a set of stairs that lead up to a second level. I look up the stairs and I can see some people walking around. Looks like a bunch of living rooms. Kids playing and TVs on.

But the downstairs rooms are all bedrooms for real people. Each is different in furniture and bedding. In fact there are a couple that have people sleeping in them. Well this is where it gets weird. Im standing in this really nice room where the side door is. The walls are a light shade of blue and the bedding is of white and blue roses. Its my mom and stepdads room. Only thing is, its not because my mom likes rose and reds and burgundy colors. The doorbell to the side door rings and I go to answer it and its the UPS man and he wants me to sign a package. Im topless in this one too. But this time Im totally bare with no book to cover me. The UPS man doesnt see a problem with this and carries out his business. I take the package and set it on the floor and walk away.

The scary part is that I walk into the kitchen and I see my mom standing there at the sink and my stepdad reading the newspaper. He never read the newspaper. Just for the record, he passed on two years ago so this is why its scary that I see him. But my mom says to me that I need to put a shirt on. I tell her that I got sick on mine. Beats me. I dont remember that part either. But then out of the blue, someone walks up to me and takes his shirt off and puts it on me. I do not know who this person is but he does look like someone I should know. I distinctively remember that he wore glasses. Thats where I wake up from that one.

Now back to the original start of this post. The dream I had this afternoon. I was in a house that did not look familure to me. It also had hardwood floors. I was in an upstairs hallway and my mom told me to go into her room to get a makeup compact that was on the dresser. Mind you that I should have known better because my mom doesnt wear makeup. Anywho, I was told not to wake up Mousie, her boyfriend. Easy enough as I can be very quiet. Well not in real life because no matter where I go in my house now, my cat meows at me to pick her up.

Well looking into the room I see a bed with someone sleeping in to my left. There is a mirrored dresser to my right. One of those big ones with shelves on either side of the mirror. In front of the dresser is a round card table with a couple of metal folding chairs.

I take a step into the room and slide on the floor like Im at the World Series taking home plate. You know, like that chick on American Idol that went under the table at the auditions. Wham I went down and right under the table with both those chairs wrapping up around me. I know I made alot of noise so I just laid there hoping that I didnt look like the total ass that I felt like. Yeah I was pretty red and not just from the bruises that I know I will have.

Well I slowly start to untangle myself from the chairs. Yeah Im trying to be as quiet as I can without waking Mousie. I could hear him still snoring when I first crashed so all was good. Or so I thought. I stood up and dusted myself off. You know, Mom, you really should take a Swifter to the floor in here. But anywho, I grabbed for the compact that was on the dresser and looked in the mirror. Im surprised to be wearing a shirt but thats besides the point.

Mousie was on the bed laughing so hard that I think he was about to wet his pants. And my mom was standing next to him with a can of Pledge behind her back.

Wait til I tell her this one. Innocent my ass she is.

1 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Try here:
http://www.dreammoods.com/

I got nothin'. Except that all dreams are strange. Which is why they're dreams. You'll be fine.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home