Friday, May 12, 2006

Lesson Learned number 4879... Rule of Thumb

Monday, March 27, 2006

Lesson learned number 4879 Rule Of Thumb

Current mood: In pain

During the late afternoon at school I have some work in the classroom after the kids get on the buses to go home. Well the latest project is a board outside the classroom door that the kids are coloring things to decorate. The theme is Spring and the there are green leaves, flowers and kites that they made. Well today at 3:30 I was out there with a few items and a stapler to finish that all up.

Wouldnt you know it that both staplers were empty so I went in and grabbed a refill and back out I go. Now I have the refill in and ready to test it to make sure it worked. Just as I picked it up and had it opened with my hand around it, the fire alarm went off.

I nearly jumped out of my skin because the speaker is right above my head and guess what happened next?

Yup, you guessed it. I gripped the stapler and, WHAM, a staple went right through my thumb. It didnt just poke me but it went right in below the skin. Now mind you that this is not a fire drill but the real alarm going off, so I grabbed my coat and went outside. Bleeding too.

Thankfully there were alot of firemen moving about so one of them was nice enough to get out a medical kit and pull the staple out of my thumb and put some cream on it and a bandaid. He said that if it gets swollen and red that I need to have it looked at and it may require stitches.
A friggin staple. And it hurts like hell. Of all the things I tell the kids not to do. And Im the one that has it happen to me.

But the guy was cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home