Friday, May 12, 2006

Not for the timid.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Not for the timid.

Current mood: determined

I have a small problem with my bathroom. Yes the room itself is extremely small but thats not the issue this time.

I live in an old house and we have eight legged things that think they can live here too. I have electronic sensors everywhere to drive them away but they seem to really love my bathroom. Every morning they hang out in the corner til I wake up and step into the shower. Then they decide to go across the ceiling for a better view. Do they sell little tickets for this? If so you would think Id at least be getting a daily cut of the profits. Its a pain in the ass to take a shower while straining my neck to the ceiling the entire time waiting for one of them to drop in for a closer look.

So this morning I come in as usual and I begin my daily routine. And sure enough, there is a little one in the corner hiding and getting ready for a peep show. I no sooner get my teeth brushed and begin the next step in my routine and son-of-a-cow out of a crack in the corner comes godzilla! Im glad I was already sitting down or there would have been a mess.

No how am I supposed to take a shower with this one? This one is huge and can run off with me. Well not that I would let him. But I needed something to get rid of him. But what? A can of hairspray isnt going to do anything to this one but make him drop anyway. Thats something I dont want it to do. So in my haste, I grab the nearest large object and it just so happens to be the plunger. One of those black ones that have a weird looking tube on the end and I wave it up towards the ceiling. I give him a direct hit and low and behold he goes jumping inside it. Mind you he is about the size of a 50 cent piece. Almost as big as my thumb. So I dropped the plunger into the shower and turn the water on. He comes out the end and hits the water flow and heads for the drain.

Well hell, the water in the drain starts to build up because there is a screen blocking him from going down. Now I have a plunger and godzilla in the tub. You think he would at least drown? No such luck. Now how the hell am I going to get him out of my tub? Being that my bathroom is very small, I turned around and flipped the lid up on the toilet. I grab for the plunger and scoop him up in it and as quick as I can I jam the plunger into the toilet and flush.

Bye-bye he goes. Round and round. Now I look for the other little one and he is gone too. Scared? Hiding and waiting for the peep show? No such luck on the cut this morning buddy. He was no where to be seen. Im sure he will make an appearance tomorrow though. He got his money's worth for the show today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home