Wednesday, May 10, 2006

When the cat's away....

I know I havent been posting too much of my own stuff lately. Please excuse the lack of ambition due to illness. No I didnt go crazy and tear all my hair out. Its all still there.
Ive been sick with a severe sinus infection and bronchitis. Yeah thats a bitch huh? Finally get over that and then get a sour tummy for a few days.

Ive pretty much been off in another world since my dog passed away. Its been hard but Ive been trying to cope the best I can. My cat drives me to distraction but shes been a huge help to me as far as furry friends go. No Im not talking about my bearded friends. But I can thank them as well as the rest of my dearest friends for helping me through this. Its going to be a long time before I get over the pain of losing her.

Anywho... back to the topic at hand.... my cat...

She came to live with me in October. She just turned three years old the month before. I know this because I have some of her previous vet records.

Im very choosy when it comes to my pets. I claim them as soul mates. Weird I know but I tend to have this strange connection to the animal kingdom. Hey.. some of my closest friends are animals too. I could name names but they know who they are. *coughallofyouoryouwouldntbelovedbymecough* He he he...

When I connected with Holly, it was the night she was born but we went through that little tale...or tail...as I should say. For my kitty, it was the same thing. I wanted another pet for my daughter and thought a playful cat would be good for her. Something as active as she is. It was a few years before one connected with me though. I had taken Holly to get groomed and at the place I take her, on the way out the door I stopped, as usual, to look at the kitties that are up for adoption. On this particular day, one struck me curious and I inquired about her. Her name was Charlotte. I held her and we connected immediately. I signed the papers and brought her home. I then changed her name to Sara because Im sure my Aunt Charlotte would have appreciated a cat named after her. No, actually she wouldnt have. In all reality my daughter named her after one of Barbie's cats. Hey, its her cat after all. And it was better than Sarafina. Ick....

She settled in fairly well. Except she didnt know what to make of Holly as shes never seen a dog before. So she pretty much hung out in my room with me. Eventually they got along fairly well and although Holly really had no interest in her, other than the fact that she couldnt understand why the cat didnt like her, the cat was very curious towards her. But over all they lived peacefully together. No fur flew unless Holly caught her near her food.

Now I bring you to the here and now. Losing Holly was a major blow to me and kittie has helped me a bit. Shes been sleeping with me all this time and she has this idea that she prefers to sleep ON me. Yeah nothing like some sharp nails sticking in your back in the middle of the night. Since Holly has been gone though, shes been so far up my ass its unreal. She followed me around before but now shes a permanent attachement. Shes sweet though and has this thing about coming to me to be petted and when I do she nips and licks my hand. Once is a while she does this to my chin but I dont like her to be in my face. She is affectionate and lovey-dovey. Her previous owners were an elderly couple that probably held her all day and petted her. It was her and her sister there and her sister was adopted the morning I adopted her.

I cant go to the bathroom without the cat following me in. If I close the door she sits there meowing like its the end of the world and I see a paw reaching in from under the door. Damn cat is stalking me. When I take a shower I always leave the door open and she sits on the edge of the tub batting at the shower liner. One of these days Im going to dunk her in to see what happens. My luck she will claw the hell out of me. But then again, Godzilla and all his friends might enjoy that added bonus to the peep show.

Well shes turned into quite the mooch. As I type this shes sitting on the floor next to me and once in a while she meows. But shes always staring at me. Its such an innocent stare and we all know what happens when someone, shut up, claims to be innocent. She will then put one paw up on my leg and the other bats at my arm. Well what the hell do I look like, your servant? Yeah, so I get up and put a little bit of food in her dish to shut her up. I never feed her a normal daily helping because she will be back within the hour for more.

So here we are while I was sick. She would cuddle up with me and Im assuming it was to make me feel better. Either that or she was plotting something when I fell asleep. Which hardly happened. Sorry kitty for spoiling your evil plot to take over my pillows and rule my inner sanctuary of a bed.

Well a few times she would crawl up next to my face and I would bolt up and cough and poor kittie would leave her skin behind as she screached and scattered herself tearing out of the room. Served you right for sticking your whiskers in my nose while I slept.

She has this thing for mooching in the middle of the night and will come up on the bed and somehow bug the snot out of me. No pun intended but all last week thats pretty much what she was getting. Anywho, she gets in my face or lays on me in some way to annoy me awake. Last night I decided that she can wait til morning. After about 2 hours of that I was up and feeding her. Only this time it wasnt the food she wanted. It was to have her litter box cleaned.
Oh, I didnt tell you. Shes a pain in my ass about having a clean box. She will go in it and do her thing and then meow til someone cleans it out right away. Well not at 4 o'clock in the friggin morning!! Ok, so I get up and clean out the damn box. Im a sucker for punishment but I think of it this way... I get up and take a couple of minutes to please her so she will leave me alone for the next few hours I have left to sleep. Yeah, that works.

Last night, she had a clean box, food and fresh water. What more could she want? Well up she comes again. What the hell does she want this time? Im really getting pissed off now. I havent slept that good and what sleep I did get was because I was too sick to move. Im sleeping on my side so she climbs up on my shoulder and arm. I pretend to be asleep so maybe she will go away. Not likely. Shes staring at me. I can feel her eyes boring right through me. Im expecting to feel her claws because she has this thing about rubbing her claws on me and picking me. Im told that its a way to put their scent or to let them claim you as theirs. What ever the hell it is, it drives me nuts.

Anywho yet again. Im getting good at that, huh? Shes there staring at me and I decide to stare right back. No meow. No clawing. No picking.

Just alot of purring and she then licks the side of my face with that sandpaper of a tongue and then curls her face into my neck and purrs her and myself to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home