Friday, May 12, 2006

All that Glitters Isnt Gold....

All that glitters is not gold.

Current mood: amused

Since I was up all night the night before and last night, I really didnt want to go and deal with a Vac-in-the-box. But I know I must do what I have to do. Plus my darling daughter didnt sleep either due to a very loose tooth that is giving her a hell of a time. You would think she woud let me do the ole tie it to a door trick but no such luck.

So off we go to my fathers to put that thing together. Mind you that putting together a vac is very easy but not so when you have someone leaning over your shoulder pestering the hell out of you. And no we arent talking about my daughter.

How amusing can this be? Extremely. After all the bugging me to see if Im doing it right was over, I proceded to plug the new toy in. And of course it works.

So I am using it in the livingroom and he is bent over in front of it watching the dirt get sucked up in and swirling around and around. If that wasnt funny enough, he kept pointing at it and telling me what it was doing.

Enough with the fun and games for today though because now he wants to go get something to eat. You know how much fun that can be.

After that we once again head into the store and Cami is set on getting another toy. Grandpa likes to spoil her because I think he has this sick agenda to annoy me with having too many toys in my house to step on and clean up. At least they arent the kind that are really loud and move all over the floors. Im sure thats the next step.

So she picks out a new Barbie. Harmless enough. Yeah right. Its a Bling Bling My Scene one. Covered in everything glittery. Very pretty doll but after opening it, I really hate it. Who in their right mind puts these things together in the boxes? You have got to be kidding. Here I am sitting at my desk with a pair of scissors trying to cut all the little pieces from the super industrial strength tape, twisty ties and rubber bands. In the mean time, the thing is shedding glitter like its a snow storm in Buffalo.

Shes happy with her new doll and Im glowing and covered with glitter. Its in my hair and all over my hands and face. Not to mention my clothes and my desk. My keyboard is all sparkly too.

Now not only did I have to take this thing apart and rip the box to shreds so she can play with it but I also have to help her with all those teeny tiny accessories. It comes with a couple of purses and lipstick and make up cases. A cell phone, sunglasses and gawd knows what else.

She wants me to help her dress it and you wouldnt believe how hard this is. How is a child supposed to do this when I cant. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. Im sending one to you for Christmas. Now Im covered in glitter. Shes covered and so is my entire room now. Shes covered in it too. Oh will you look at the cat now. Yep, this is going to be an interesting evening to be sure.

Wish I had that vac-in-the-box here to clean it all up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home