Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Cant Swim....

This sucks. You have no idea how bad this really sucks.

I cant swim that well. I mean, I can swim. But not for what would be expected of me for this.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

**************************************************

Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island

Mon Jan 12, 10:16 pm ET

SYDNEY (AFP) – An Australian state is offering internationally what it calls "the best job in the world" -- earning a top salary for lazing around a beautiful tropical island for six months.

The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the winner's home country to Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland's state government announced on Tuesday.

In return, the "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.
***********************************************

Can you imagine the possibilites? Its called paradise. Im sure I would end up looking like a lobster for the first few days. Do I care? Nope. Do I have to shovel snow? Nope. Do I have to deal with the jerk in the SUV that cut me off this morning? Nope. My main worry would be catching crabs...on my toes....while walking on that beautiful white sand.

Actually my luck would be that a hurricane wiped me out. Do they have hurricanes in Australia? Also there doesnt seem to be a realy high elevatioon above water. A good wave would take me out.

But thats a chance Im willing to take. Sign me up!!!



The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy, must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

"They'll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they're doing so they can't be too shy and they'll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors," said acting state Premier Paul Lucas.

"The fact that they will be paid to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel and generally live the Queensland lifestyle makes this undoubtedly the best job in the world."

4 Comments:

Blogger ctheokas said...

Oh, man, sounds like they actually make you do stuff. That's misleading! I call fraud!

10:11 AM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

Oh drat and double-drat. I can't swim either, well not properly, anyways. Although, having said that, I have swam (swum?) dawgy style. :D

Yeah, I reckon there's got to be a catch somewhere. I wonder if they've stopped testing those atomic weapons?

1:26 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Its one of those things where you have to document stuff for habitat things. I can do that. :D

9:57 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I knew I chose the wrong career! Dang...

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home