Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ho Ho Huh?.....

Ho Ho Huh?......

First off... What the hell is up with this snow? I wanted a white Christmas but daaammmnnn. I didnt want it this white. But I will say that people are stupid. Not all people. Just some. Particularly those that cant drive in it. I know I constantly rant about that but there really were some idiots out on the road.

They did not close school early. They should have but there is no way to contact alot of the parents to come get thier kids. You would think they would want them safe. But I guess not. And I hate to think about those that work at the school that dont live around here. I cant imagine the drive home for them. A few have to hit the major highway where the real morons go.

I left at about ten minutes to 4pm. I got home at about 5pm. What would normally be a 10 minute drive took an hour. I went really slow because of some hills. And they didnt bother to plow. About half way home, my wipers iced up. I was in a panic because of some people fishtailing on the road and a few that were ass end up on the sidewalks.

I went out Saturday to do some shopping. It wasnt as bad. It was still snowing though. I wasnt able to get what I needed so I went out again on Sunday to finish what I could. I wasnt about to go all over to find one toy that my mom wanted me to get for Cami. She sent up a gift card to Walmart for it. I found one of them but couldnt get the other. So I grabbed an outfit for her instead. Mom will have to deal with it because Im not crazy enough to do this again.

Thursday night was pretty interesting. I got home and my father called me. He wanted me to take him back to the mall to get the coin that he dropped off the night before. Of course, dummy me forgot to change her shoes. I was wearing the new pink Crocs. And of course the only parking spot had a snowbank under it. But it was close to the door so I couldnt complain too much about all the snow that went inside those stupid holes around the toes. Who the hell thought of making shoes like that?

Well anywho, while we were there, Cami decided that she wanted to see Santa. There was only a couple of kids in line so I told her to go for it. Mind you that I have already had the Santa talk with her. But I think she still wants to believe. So we waited in line. One family was taking forever getting pictures. They didnt like any of the poses. This isnt Sears Portrait Gallery. Just take the shot and go home. Its not a major thing. I thought they all looked really nice. Guess I was wrong.

So then its the next family's turn. They have two boys. I would hate to see the coal in their stockings because they need it. Speaking of coal, Cami found two chinks of it under the seat in the Blazer on Saturday. Guess that means something huh? Well anyways, the boys were tearing the place apart, the cashier was changing the paper in the photo machine, the parents were clueless as usual and Cami was just standing there. Yeah, imagine that. 6pm and shes calm. Hmmm..... I think shes playing the innocent one in front of Santa. But in all seriousness, she commented on the behavior of the boys and decided that it was best to just be patient.

Amidst all the chaos, Santa calls Cami over. Im still at the register area waiting to put in my photo order. Im about 10 feet away from them though. I can hear everything. She goes over and sits on his lap. I could explain it all but I think a recap of the conversation would be easier.

Santa: What is your name?
Cami: Cami
Santa: Have you been good?
Cami: Ummmmm.....
Santa: Mostly good. You arent on the naughty list yet.
Cami: Whew.
Santa: laughs
Cami: That was a close one.
Santa: But you have still been trying to be good.

Im listening to this and almost laughing myself. I wish they would take those boys out of there. Im sure they will be getting alot of pretty presents this year. Not.

Santa: You know, you are the most patient little girl I have seen tonight.
Cami: Mommy says I have to be patient and good things will come to me.
Santa: Your mommy is right.

Well so far so good. *pats self on the back*

Santa: So what would you like for Christmas?

I was waiting for this. Cami is really good about only naming one or two things. Where as most kids have a huge list that would empty the shelves at Toys R Us.

Cami: I want a new guitar.
Santa: What happened to the guitar I brought you last year?

My ears perked up because "Santa" got her that guitar last year.

Cami: One of the strings broke.
Santa: Cant your music teacher fix it for you? You havent been playing it at all though.
Cami: I havent been taking guitar lessons this year because she had a baby.

My head turned now. Her music teacher is also her guitar teacher after school at her house.

Santa: Well Im sure mom can get you some new strings and put them on for you. And also a tuner to adjust the sound so you can play it again.
Cami: Yep. Mom knows how to do it.
Santa: Mom knows alot about alot of things and shes a good teacher too.

Im now listening with both ears.

Cami: Yeah she is and all the kids love her too.
Santa: Are you going out for All-City?
Cami: I plan to.

Ok, now Im creeped out. How would he know this?

Santa: My son also plays the violin and the base guitar and an electric violin.

When did we mention violins? I dont remember that part. He then proceeds to tell her all the things she has to do to take care of her violin.

So as wel go on, he gives her a cute little stuffed animal and we get a picture. We then prepare to leave and he calls out...

Santa: And stop giving your mom a hard time in the mornings.

Oh shit... I dont think I could have gotten out of there fast enough. That was just too freaking weird. Not a perverted kind of weird. Just freaky Santa weird.

We got a little ways down the mall and Cami stops and looks at me.

Cami: Mom. I thought you said there was no such thing as Santa............

2 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

OMG!

Was this for real?

I want to believe too, y'know.

4:47 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Everything was real. I was a little freaked out myself. This guy was good. Id hire him. LOLOL

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home