Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome to 2009...

Welcome to 2009.....

Lets see....How did the new year start off? Snowy and wet. New Years Eve there was some snow on the ground. Makes for an interesting evening with a bunch of drunks on the road. Not like it would be any different with the normal idiots that cant drive in snow. I wasnt able to get out of my driveway to get to my fathers house. My car was a giant marshmallow in the driveway. I wasnt about to go digging it out til it stopped.

I went out on New Years Day though. I took the dinner over to him and he needed a few things from the store. He ate and enjoyed his food. Which I knew he would. But I also discovered something on my street. My driveway slopes down at the sidewalk. It was all flooded. I know the snow wasnt melting because it was too damn cold out. But there was at least 6 inches of water that was building up. The drain at the corner is blocked from the snow pile so thats where it was going to end.

Where was all this water coming from? My water-main pipe is in my front yard and that was ok. My nex door neighbor was flooded out too. And so was her neighbor. But I could see the water coming down the street. I drove up a little more and it was the next one up that had water on the sidewalk coming down the driveway. It was their pipe that was broken. Well shit. Thats just what we need. Did anyone call it in? I saw a couple of people walking around but they werent city workers. In the meantime, the water is coming out and building up more and more. So now the side of the street is a skating rink. Its narrow enough with the idiots that wont park in their driveways so the plows can clear the whole street. You have to go around the cars and pray you dont slide into one.

I developed an actual cold. I woke up on Thursday morning with a sinus headache. My nose was plugged and my left cheek was swollen. This is just what I needed to finish my vacation with. An actual cold. I have been feeling quite miserable and trying to drug myself up and sleep it off.

Today was interesting regarding it though. I was sitting with my daughter and I sneezed really hard. OMG how bad that hurt. She got me some tissues and I blew my nose. The pressure was so bad that when I went to breathe, it whistled. It was hurting and I could feel the throbbing in my left cheek area. I blew my nose hard this time and there was a loud pop. Even she heard it. But something came out with it. I looked in the tissue and there was a glob of something that I cannot name. Nor will I describe it. It was just gross. No blood though. Good thing for that. But what ever it was, the pain went away and so did the swelling. Ive been able to breathe better on that side too and my ear unclogged. Since then there has only been the normal runny nose of a regular cold. My headache went away too.

I took the dog out a little while ago and its snowing again. Big, fat flakes like the other day. Its also about 9F out. This is a fun way to end a vacation. Also I do have an order to finish up and get out. Lets see if I can pull that off before Monday.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Happy New Year!

It is wet here, too, but the only white stuff has been the fog.

1:28 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Just checked the forecast here and there is reference to snow every day. Also there are some temps heading down in the single digits. Yuk.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home