Thursday, January 08, 2009

Dont drink the water...

Dont drink the water....

Remind me again why I live here? Oh yeah, I cant afford it anywhere else.

I just love winter time in the city. Not. I love winter but it really sucks here with all the stupid people. I know I complain about them all the time. But they really do make like a living hell for the rest of us. We have been getting nailed with storm after storm. Once on gets sort of cleaned up, the next one hits. But what people dont realize is that there are some areas that dont actually get cleaned up. Take my street for example. Its always a mess.

The school district rarely ever closes school. We will have delays but thats about it. As long as they serve lunch, the schools get the funding. And since our fun new Gov came into office, we need that funding more than ever. But thats not the issue. Its the issue that when there is a storm, delay or not, we still have to get to the schools for the kids. Most of the kids all live within a mile of their neighborhood school. But most of the teachers and staff dont.

But regardless, I hate winter in the city. The plows come through. But people wont move ther cars. so the plows have to go around them and it creates this winding trail that barely fits one car. And when they do finally move their cars, its to a clean spot on the street but the snowbanks are still there. The plows usually dont come back through to clean that up. Then the people get pissed because they cant park back in front of their house. Ummm.... Hello... You have a driveway. Use it.

What pisses me off even more is that I will get the area in front of my house cleaned out. Then I move my cars there to be able to clean my driveway out. You wouldnt believe the people that sit and wait for this so they can steal that spot. Are you for real? Im not here to clean the street for your lazy ass.

So now I park my car around the corner on the side road. Then when my driveway is cleaned, I put the cars back in. Now the neighbors get pissed at me. Boo hoo.... Heres a shovel. The other thing that annoys me is that the downstairs neighbor seems to think that its my problem to keep his steps cleaned off. Ummm No. Its in your lease for you to do it. So now I go out there and my shovel is missing. Only to be found on his step. Waiting for me. I dont think so. So now my shovel is inside my locked front door. But then this morning I noticed that my salt bucket was empty. Nice. They wont shovel off the steps so they dump a whole bucket of rock salt on it. The next batch I get will be locked in with the shovel. I cant believ how some people can be this way. Especially when there are two other adults living there too.

Well this past week, we had a whopper of a storm. We got a delay out of it as usual. But I also noticed that the end of my driveway and the sidewalk was a flowing sheet of ice. Flowing is the word here. It was too cold for all that snow and ice to melt. Why is it moving and creating a small lake? I looked up the street and I wasnt alone. A few of the neighbors also had this same problem.

All of the houses here have a pipe on the front lawn. Its metal and its just below the grass level. Apparently, the neighbor about 4 houses up hit his with something and broke it. So now the water is just free flowing down the street. So he called the city up to come and fix it. Apparently its not the city that is required to do so. Its on his property so he has to. But hes not going to. He feels that the city should fix it. Hes the dumbass that broke it. So apparently he called someone to fix it and its going to cost him his first born. So hes still refusing to pay it. Now its been a week and Im getting really tired of it.

The end of my driveway slopes down to the street. At any given time there is a car parked on either side of it and its a pain in the ass to get out of it. Let alone, back into it. I have to back into the driveway because it is very narrow with a fence on one side and the house on the other. I have to park the passenger side to the fence to be able to open my door.

At the end of the driveway, it piles up with the ice. With the neighbor directly across the street and the other two cars, its a pain to pull out and have to turn the car just right to get down the street. When its all ice, I take the rick of hitting one or all of the cars. So that little skating rink has to be hacked up and moved. But then there in this huge gap between the driveway and the street itself now. So my car gets stuck in the rut. Its a bitch. But nothing more I can do about it.

Yesterday (7th) was another storm. Snow and ice and whatever mother nature wanted to dump down upon us. It was once again a real mess. But this time, the schools were all closed. Im sure that this was just because of the construction at my school. Which is a whole different story. I will get to that crap in a minute.

So we all had the day off. And we spent that day cleaning the crap up. Not like the city is going to do its job. Gawd forbid. And its not like the jackass up the street is going to either. So I knew it was going to be a miserable day.

Now we come to the crap at the school. They are doing construction now. This wasnt supposed to be done until Spring. But they decided that when it snows is a good time to pour concrete. This is why I say not to drink the water. I think they put "stupid" drugs in it. When you pour concrete in the cold, it cracks. How stupid is this?

We have two parking lots in the back of the school. In between the lots is the gym and the playground. At the end of one of the lots is an old building that is no longer used. It was to my understanding, and everyone elses, that they were to remove the building, use that land to expand the parking lot and then do the construction on the other side. We are losing the lot on one side for a new cafeteria and an extended wing off the building for more classrooms.

Now think of the logic here. Remove old building. Build new lot for all the cars from both lots to have plenty of room for parking. The destroy the other lot for the construction. Sounds logical right? Apparently Im wrong. A few weeks ago, the started to rip out a courtyard in the lot to be destroyed. They removed the old building. Now there is a huge hole in the ground. We get told that we cant park in the construction lot now. And if we do, we have to move the cars by a certain time so that they can pour concrete into the area they pulled out.

Hmmmmm.... Whats wrong with this picture? Oh wait, I know. They forgot to build the other parking lot first. Asshats. So here we come to this morning. Apparently they poured some concrete yesterday while we werent in there. Ok, thats a good time to do it. Regardless of the weather that will eventually crack it anyways. So Im going to leave this morning. I get a bright and early start. Considering that we had another storm last night, we didnt have the day off or a delay. So Im at least smart enough to leave a little early for the icy commute.

I get to the school and I decided to park in the other lot to avoid having to move my car sometime during the day for the construction. Smart move. Well it seems that is where everyone else parked too. The lot was full. So I backed out and went to check the other lot. The construction guys are out there and bitching about the cars coming in to park. Well sucks to be you now doesnt it. If you did what you were supposed to do in the first place, we would have a place to park. Asshats.

So they decided to open the area in the back behind the construction to allow people to park. Well sorry to bust your bubble dudes. This isnt my fault. So in the mean time, about 20 people are considered late for work while we waited for this to happen. How frigging stupid is this.

This actually boiled my morning. It was so cold today. And I had to bitch about a parking spot. Most that were still coming in had to park on the street. Now if you know my area, this is not a safe thing to do. Well if you want to keep your car or your body bullet free. How stupid.

So now the day is over and I want to go home. I leave the school and the roads are still icy. I take my time going home. Im thinking to myself, whats in store for me and my driveway. Sure enough, the cars are gathered around it and I cant back in. I get stuck in that rut of a river and cant go any further. So I have to park on the street tonight. Asshats.

Im so glad that tomorrow is Friday Oh, did I mention that there is another storm coming?

1 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

I bet that guy up the road who broke his water outlet doesn't even drive. I mean, how can he allow a river of ice to form further down the road.

Then again, it sounds like most of your neighbors were booted out of the Twilight Zone for being too weird. LOL

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home