Saturday, December 13, 2008

You wont feel a thing....

You wont feel a thing.....

Yeah Im a few days late on this post too. I really should do these as they are happening and then read them later to see what the hell I did. I think it would be more entertaining that way.

As you all know Ive been sick. Well from what I gather recently, Im not sick. Yeah, its a little confusing but then again, when is anything Ive done not confusing?

I finally gave in and went to the doctor. Again. This time I had to see the other doctor that shares his office. I was a "fit-me-in" patient so there would be a long waiting period. Sure enough, I was in the examining room for quite a long time. But then again, the doctor would have to review my file before he could treat me. Ive never met this man before. I should also mention that I have a very hyper and chatty 9 year old with me and she got a kick out of me sitting there naked under one of those aweful gowns. Of course I gave her the job of tieing it in the back for me. Big mistake.

So Dr. Charley came in the room. I guess we have to call him that because no one can pronounce his last name. I tried and I was unsuccessful. Even the nurse messed it up. Or so I think. He checked my lungs. He checked my throat. He even checked my nose and my ears. Everything was clear. He didnt think that xrays were needed. There was no sign of fluid in there.

Next he had me cough. Although I dont have anything for him to hold while doing so. Mine are virtual. And they are brass. But we will change that subject really quick. He said he wanted me to breathe into the machine again. I really hate doing this because it either makes me cough harder or it gives me a head rush. Which, this time, it did both.

Then after a long wait, he came back in with the printed report and said that I do not have asthma and that the cough is a side effect of the new medication that Ive been taking. Well low and behold. I have a side effect. So he informs me to stop taking it and to try a new one. This one I will have to take in the morning because it also contains a diuretic. Which basically means I will pee alot more. Like that is anything new. He also gives me something to take during the day to surpress my cough and also one at night that will help me sleep. Yay. I get to sleep. Wrong.

Its been over a week now with the new medications. Ive peed more than I want to. I pee when I cough. Im sick of it. The daytime medicine does nothing but make it worse. Want to know why? The medication has a side effect of causing a dry cough. Wtf? Yes, I have another side effect. So I take this medicine and I cough more. So Im told to drink alot. So that the other medicine makes me pee even more. See the vicious circle here?

The first night I took the night medicine was a trip. I waited til I was going to go to sleep. I knew it would make me drowsy. So I took a teaspoon of it and turned the tv on. Within a half hour, my body went completely numb and I went into panic mode. I used the inhaler because it was such a weird feeling. I kept wanting to doze off but as soon as I laid down, I would start to cough. This sucked. So I propped up all my pillows and blankets into a sort of nesting chair and left the lights on and the tv on. It was not a good night. I called the nect day to ask him what the hell was in that stuff and once again, I was told that the numbness was a side effect. Well son of a bitch. What is up with all these side effects? Am I doomed to a side effect hell?

I stopped taking the day time medicine and have been taking a sinus cold medicine instead and that has helped. At night Ive been nipping the codine bottle. Not taking a full dose but just enough to help me sleep. No numbness. But Im still waking up in the morning with a really nasty dry cough. My days are a little better. But as soon as I lay down, it comes up again.

Im glad I didnt mention that my foot still hurts. Im almost afraid of a side effect from that.

In other news, I lost the beads to a project that I was working on for an order. I was about 4 inches away from being done with it. This pissed me off to no end. The beads werent cheap and I didnt want to fork out more cash for new beads. Plus I had gotten the last bag of the silver ones I would need. I could finish off the necklace with some silver chain and it would still be nice. But I wanted it to be perfect. I finally found them on Wednesday in a different tray than they should have been in. How they got there, I dont know. But Ive been so ut of it lately that it could have been an easy mistake.

Also, I went to class on Wednesday night and it was a fun night. Im sure I gave the others a thrill though. I was picking up some loose beads off my mat to put away for the night when I dropped the open baggie into my lap. This is not good because the bag went upside down. I had little bugle beads in my lap and all over the floor. So while Im sitting at the end of the table, Im scooping beads out of my crotch and a friend put a tray under me so I can scoop them off the chair too. Im sure it was looking really interesting. We had a few laughs.

I then went down under the table to scoop up all the beads that went on the floor. I warned everyone not to move as my hands were under their feet. I was able to gather all my beads and a ton of other ones that fell too. It was quite a collection. Then when I had everything cleaned up, I went about my business of picking up some other items for another project. I walked about four steps and discovered that there was something in my shoes. I sat down and took my shoes off. Guess what I found? Yep, a bunch more beads. It was definately a silly night and I needed the laughs.

Yesterday was Cami's holiday concert at school. The weather was crappy but there was still alot of people in the audience. I took some pictures with the schools camera so you will all have to wait a little while before I can show them. They are on the schools computer and I will have to email them to myself first.

When we left at 4pm, the roads were covered with ice and snow. It was supposed to get worse so Im hoping for a snow day off. A nice three day weekend is in need.

At about 558 this morning, I received the call the we have the day off. Whoohooo. At about noon, my friend (nurse) called to ask me if we had school. A little late huh? But she is without cable and therefore no phone or computer or tv to check the closing lists. My father also called and he has no power. He is only a few blocks away from me. He had his surgery on Wednesday and hes home. Everything is working out great but he is in a little pain.

It is now 218am and Im staying up for the most part. Since my father still has no power, hes been here since about 3pm. I havent received word about when the power will be back on there. Hope tomorrow will be a nicer day.

Another update. I would have posted this up last nightbut for some reason, my computer wouldnt let me. But anywho, my father is sleeping here again tonight. They have the power up on pnly half of his street. The half that he doesnt live on.

2 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

I'm glad that the weather conditions aren't too bad a concern for you to write about, as I had seen a short news item on tv about the harsh conditions out there and the power-cuts around Michigan and some parts of New York.

Hope your dad gets over his discomfort soon, and is able to recover in the comfort of his own home, when of course the authorities are able to restore the power.

You know? Side effects just ain't what they used to be -- thank God. If you had a side-effect in one of those old sci-fi B-movies of yore you'd be in big trouble. LOL

3:34 AM  
Blogger BC said...

He went home tonight after dinner. I worry about him because he can really only use his right arm and hand to do anything. The scar he has is from his left shoulder down to his heart area. He cant wash it and has to watch it to make sure there is no swelling or infection. He is still in pain. He will meet with his doctor on Monday about some blood thinners he is on. I think now they can take him off them but for one.

The weather here was a bit of a mess. We had trees down all over the place. But now the weather is warming up.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home