Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I feel like a lab rat....

I feel like a lab rat....

Once again the medication merry-go-round is spinning. I have blood pressure issues. Its not entirely my fault though. I can blame it on my parents. But this just takes the cake. About 6 months after Cami was born, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. Oh the joys. But it was dangerously high. They summed it all up from her birth. I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant due to gestational diabeties. Plus severe blood loss, added with a major drop in weight overnight caused most of the issues.

I tried to regulate it on my own but couldnt get it low enough. I ate nothing but cardboard. No salt. No sugars. Really, there was nothing that tasted good outside those catagories. Eat no salt potato chips and then tell me its not cardboard. Or no salt canned vegetables. Nasty stuff there. It was pure hell.

So the doctor finally put me on a beta blocker. I was on it for about 7 years. I was fine with it. It was working. I had no problems. Then I was forced to change doctors. The new doctor (one I had years ago) said that the beta blocker was causing me to have asthma issues. I dont have asthma. I had a cold.

He put me on an HCT. But soon after I developed what I thought was bronchitis. I went to the doctor but he wasnt available to see me and the other doctor in his office did. He said that the medication was the issue with my cough. My lungs were clear and my breathing was fine. So he took me off that one and gave me a months supply of a different HCT. That one worked and I was to call back to get an actual prescription of it. I called about a week ago and it was called in.

I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and was told that it wasnt covered by my insurance. This just blows. So I spent all day today trying to contact that doctor to see what could be done. Im down to my last pill and it has to be done really soon. Oh, like today.

The nurse said she would leave him a message to call me back about it but I didnt hear anything all day. I called and called but the lines were busy. Im sure that they werent purposely avoiding me. But it was annoying. Finally I got through and she said that the doctor was calling one in that would be covered but it would be a higher copay. $50. Are you for real? I guess when its something that will save my life, I shouldnt really complain.

I asked if there were other options and she said there was one that would be $20 for the copay. Much better. But which ever they decided to do, I have to make an appointment in two weeks for a check up on it. I dont care. I planned to come back there about my foot as well.

She called me back at about 6pm and told me that they called one in to the pharmacy and I can pick it up tomorrow. I was curious and wanted to know what they called in so I can research it for side effects. Seems to be something my body likes to surprise me with.

I asked the pharmacy and they told me that the one that was called in for pick up was the first one I was on to begin with. The beta blocker. *slaps forehead*

Im really getting tired of this game.

Also I would like to mention that the 31st is my fathers birthday!!! Happy 75th!!!!!

I will be going over there with some dinner and maybe a pie.

Happy New Year to everyone. I luvs you guys. *smooches*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home