Sunday, December 28, 2008

I could kick myself....

I could kick myself.....

There was a contest where you make something and send it in to be judged. The winners were selected for this magazine...

http://www.beadingdaily.com/beadstar/

I bought the issue to see the fascinating work. There was nothing in there that I couldnt make myself in a matter of minutes to an hour at most. I can now kick myself in the ass because (not bragging) I know I can do better than that. There are rules for competing for the 2009 issue and you can bet that Im going to submit something to it.

But I cant take credit for everything I do. I have two amazing teachers. Kathleen and Amanda. I want to grow up to be just like them. He he he. I know they will both laugh at that one. But I would need their help in setting it up because of the detailed instructions. I tend to just create more knots than anything and they tease me about it. But Amanda is really good at getting them out.

Their work far surpasses mine and I can only dream of creating like they do. Someday I mght be able to. But until then, they will be my guides. Actually, I think Amanda should also enter in this contest because I know she will win. She gets huge kudos from me.

So until I can get something created that is worthy, I will send it in. But according to that magazine, Im already at that point.

I just suddenly feel over qualified. But seriously, I didnt enter because I thought that I couldnt compete with others that had more experience. Now I know better.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Your creations are beautiful. DO IT!

7:16 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Im going to work on something for at least 4 of the catagories. I have until May 1st. I will have them done before then and send them in as soon as its all announced to do so.

Its the not prize that I want. I dont care about that. I really dont want the spotlight. You know how I am. Id rather hang in the back of the room. But if I want this little "venture" to succeed, I need a little acknowledgement in one of those books.

But it does really boggle the mind. I was looking through it again last night and there is stuff in there that I made myself 3 years ago. I really was expecting more intricate stuff. Maybe in the next issue there will be. This was the first time for this company.

There is another competition that I would like to put my teeth into but I have seen the winners from them. Holy Moly. Stuff I can only dream of. But alot of these people make their own beads and stuff too. Im not that good. I admit it. But someday I might be. :D

I was hoping that while on my little vacation, I would be able to get a lot of photography done and site work done. I still have a few days left to do it.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home