Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightning....

Oh the weather outside is frightning.....

It is truely December now. We had our first official snow day last Friday. But then again, there was only a little snow and alot of ice. It was a mess out there. We New Yorkers are used to it though. But I will say that today is December 17th and there are people still without power. Its still crazy out there. But does that stop anyone? Nope.

I woke up this morning to an aweful sound. I kept hitting the alarm clock but it wouldnt shut off. After the 5th or 6th hit, I realized that it was my phone ringing. I knew it was long before 6am and I was wondering who would be calling me this early. I soon found out that it was someone that I work with and that I was being informed that school was on a 2 hour delay. Whoo hoo!! Wait... That means that its crappy outside. I looked out the front window and sure enough, it was a mess. This time there was snow.

But I wasnt goin to let that disturb my precious morning. Im going back to bed. But in my laziness, I didnt reset the alarm. At 6:30, the alarm went off for real this time and I hit the snooze. I really dont have to get up for a while yet and I was going to enjoy this morning before I had to brave the cold and snow. My snooze goes off every 8 minutes. And by george, I hit that button every time til it was about quarter after 8. Somewhere at about 7am though, Cami was up and making breakfast. When I rolled out of bed, she was dressed and watching cartoons. I asked her why she didnt wake me up and she said that she knew I was tired. What a sweet kid. But then again, its times like this that I wonder what she was doing while I was asleep.

I got ready and we were out on the road a half hour early. I wasnt about to take the normal route to school because that meant crossing a couple of bridges on lesser traveled roads. I was going to take a main route so that I knew the road would be clear. This also meant stuck in traffic for a little while downtown. I didnt mind because this really was alot safer than skidding all over the place.

School was a pretty decent day. There were only a handful of kids in the class. We did some projects and I think I got a little too involved with the display boards out in the hall. The kids made alot of paper snowflakes and I hung them up proudly. But they kept making them. More and more. I will have to set something else up for tomorrow to be able to display them all.

After school, I told Cami that I really didnt want to stay for the chess club and I just wanted to go home at my normal time. My foot has been killing me more and more in the past couple of days. I bought these cheap Croc knock-offs at Kmart. They are warm and snuggly but they really dont do anything for my foot. And with the snow on the ground, I had to wear my sneakers today. I do have boots but nothing that will help my foot. And the croc knockoffs are like wearing slippers. Not good in snow. I will also mention that I will be receiving a gift of real Crocs in the mail soon. Thank you Girlie.... Luvs you....

Just before I had to leave work, mt cell phone rang and it was my father. He wanted to go to the mall to get some coins done. Then he said he wanted to get Cami's Christmas shopping done. I had told him what she wanted. But it wasnt at the mall. So I dropped Cami off at home and then went to pick my father up. We went to the mall to see about the coins and while he was in there, I trudged to the other end of the mall in search of a store that I knew sold real Crocs. I wanted to feel for myself what the big deal was.

I found the store and I found the Crocs. I tried a pair on and they were so comfy. They look aweful and they feel really weird. Like a hard sponge. Formed in a mold. I was thinking that these couldnt have cost all that much to make from a mold but they were still $30. Are you for real? $30 for a pair of shoes that were gawd aweful ugly and looked like something I could cut from a piece of foam? But they had them in a pretty pink pearl color and I really did need them. But damn, they are just so ugly. I cant get enough with saying that. They are ugly.

So I trudged all the way back to where I left my father. I told him that they had them there and he knew I was in extreme pain by then. My foot was throbbing and I was dragging it more than the normal limp. So he said he would get me a pair and off we went. Trudging back to the other end of the mall. I showed him what they were and he said everything I said. They look cheap and ugly. At least the knock offs I got looked better. Plus the knockoffs were fur lined. They had the fur lined ones there but I wasnt paying the $50 for those. And they didnt looke like the ones I had. The knockoffs looked better. Weird.

But I got the pink ones. While standing in line at the register, he made the comment of the ones I had. He said that I didnt like the ones I had because they were the wrong color. Good grief. But he got them for me anyways after he felt the soles and how spongy they were. He said that he hoped this would work. This was also the same man that cut foam out to put in my shoes and gave me a cane.

So now we have to go back to the other end of the mall to the car. Well he wasnt about to walk all that way and I didnt blame him. So he went out the nearest door and told me to go get the car and pick him up there. I dont blame him simply because he had surgery last week. I know he is still a bit sore from that.

I trudged back through the crowds and got to my car. I was sore. Actually sore is a not a good word for it. I really dont know what would be a good word for it but Im sure its along the lines of swearing and vulgar language. I was in pain. And yet he still wanted to go get something for Cami for Christmas. And tonight was the night we had to do it.

We went to Walmart. I parked as close to the doors as I could. He took off to go in and get a cart to walk with. I made it in a little while after he did. I just couldnt really walk all that well. I grabbed a cart and he was gone. Where the hell could he have gone to that fast? I looked around and he was nowhere. I forgot my cell phone in the car so I couldnt call him. Soon enough, he emerged from behind me. Apparently he went to the bathroom. Good thing I didnt call him.

We walked a little ways and he decided to sit down at a bench near the fitting rooms. I told him that I would meet him in Electronics in a little while. I went past the shoe department and decided on a pair of winter boots for myself. I will have to have new inserts put into them though but at least my feet will be warm and dry.

I went to the Electronics department in search of the things Cami wanted. She wanted a charger for her DS and some new styluses. I gathered those up and then went in search of the most important thing she wanted. She wants an MP3 player or an IPOD. I know nothing about these things. So I asked one of the guys there and he was pretty much oooing and aaaaing over the female cashier so that was pretty much useless. I found an MP3 player that was reasonably priced but then I saw one that was better. I grabbed that one and by this time my father came up to me and asked what I was doing. He was looking at the IPODs and noticed that the prices were quite high. Shes only 9 and doesnt need something like that. So we grabbed the cheaper one and went to the register.

I couldnt wait to get out of that place and get home to soak my foot. Thats when I realized that it was Wednesday and I was missing class. Oh well. The money that I spent on the boots made up for that.

So here I sit with my ugly shoes on. Breaking them in for tomorrow. I forgot to get the inserts for the boots so I will have to hold off on those til the weekend. But then again, we are supposed to get slammed with a storm on Friday. Oh joy. I was planning on finishing all the shopping and stuff then. Plus I have to be there for class on Sunday. I really hate the holiday rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home