Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thats one teed off ball.....

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thats one teed off ball

Current mood: amused

Mouse got this fun little gem at a yard sale. Its like a snow globe but instead of snow, there is a plastic baseball that you have to float up on to a golf tee. Easier said than done.

So here I sit for hours when I go there and I get so close but the ball always rolls off. It never actually stays on there. Pisses me off, thats what it does. So I put it down and go do something else.

Wouldnt you know it though, it sits there on the table and stares at me. Daring me to come pick it up again. Calling to me to play on my innocence. So I go and I pick it up and try it for another hour or so.

One of these days, Im going to throw it and smash it but decide that I cant do that because its not mine. Hmmm... Maybe if I offer to buy it from him and then I can smash it. Nope. Im not that mean. So once again, I put it down.

A couple of weeks go by that I havent touched it. Im sure its feeling pretty left out. Well it wasnt being nice to me so why would I want to play with it? Its just a ball right? Hardly.
Saturday I make my appearance again and wouldnt you know it, its out on the deck calling my name. Again and again it calls out for me to come play. I yell out that I dont want to play with your ball but it doesnt listen. Yep, sure enough, I walk over and pick it up and start the routine of shaking it just right to try to get the ball up on the tee. And yep, sure enough, it rolls off the other side and laughs at me. Taunts me, if you will.

So I put it back down and swear that I will never touch it again. Well Saturday we had alot of company at the camp and one happened to be Mouse's son Bob. Hes just sitting there by the fire with nothing better to do. So I go over to the ball and I point that out. The ball is now calling to Bob. Over and over it calls. Bob gets up and picks up the globe and starts playing with it.

He gets this routine down and Im giggling because I know the addiction of trying to win at it. Also the fact that hes getting crosseyed and about to whack himself in the forehead with it. Its how you flip it that gets the ball to roll lightly upward toward the tee. And he is flipping it towards his face. Yes, Im amused.

Well son of a cow, wouldnt you know that after only one hour of potentially whacking himself with it, he gets it to stand up on the tee. And... it... stays... there. Well I will be damned. The ball prefers him over me. Bah.... I will never play with the ball again. You know I will but thats a secret.

So Mouse comes over to look at the achievement and asks that I take a picture of it. Ya know, just for proof in case someone asks. So I go get my camera. Mouse himself poses with the prize. Hey... Waidda minute. Mouse didnt get the ball to stand up on the tee, his son did. Well if that aint cheatin'.... So I take the picture anyway because it was cool to see that this could actually be done.

But during dinner, the railing got bumped and the ball fell off. Not a big deal considering that I have the proof on my camera that shows it was really up there. So it once again calls out to be played with. And once again Bob picks it up and plays with it for about a half an hour or so. He put it down a few times but it kept calling to him. And he kept picking it up.

Well wouldnt you know it, he gets it up there again. Damnit. I played with this thing for days and couldnt get the ball up on the tee. And he only plays with it for a few hours and up it goes. Well this time I got a picture of him with the ball so we know who really did it.

But we told Mouse that I only had room in the camera for just one picture of it and that I had to delete his. He he he.... Dont worry Mouse, I have both pictures there. Just so you can remember what it looks like when I throw it. He he he....

Note: I tried with all my might to keep this clean and the wording specific. But I know some of you are thinking of really good jokes of me playing with a ball and almost whacking my head with it. Or whacking it off or up or down or which ever direction it goes in. Im innocent this time. Im innocent damnit. Innocent!!! Its not what you think it is. I swear. Yeah, like that helps you guys and your minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home