Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oh Look, A Rainbow...

Oh look, a rainbow !!

Seriously. This wasnt one of those comments where you see someone drool or they are wearing multiple neon colors. This was a day of rainbows. Im not sure of the meaning of seeing one but I was able to see three today. One was a double that was so bright that you could clearly see the purple.

At about 3pm today, I was out on the playground with the kiddies and a couple of my co-workers. We were watching the kids play when I looked over across the street at the McDonalds. Arched up and over was a beautiful rainbow. So of course you can imagine the wisecracks we had about a rainbow over McDs. Not like you see that every day.

We called some of the kids over to look at the rainbow. Of course they were looking at the place they worship. No, not the church next door. The greasy pit under the golden arches. We had to direct them to the sky above it. Then they said Oh, and went back to playing. Well that was a thrill.

But of course there were one or two of them wanting to know where the pot of gold was. Greedy, arent they? So I looked at the direction that the rainbow was coming from and where it was going. My assumption on that direction was that the pot of gold was located at the Dunkin Donuts on the next block. That perked their attention. Of course for us adults, it was all about the coffee.

The next one was on the way home. We had stopped at the local gas station minimart and while waiting, one of the guys that works there stopped to say hello. It started to rain a little and I noticed that there was a rainbow forming. I quickly grabbed my camera and by that time, we saw two rainbows. One abover the other. One was so bright that we could actually see the purple really clear. They were so beautiful. So once again, the question popped up about where the pot of gold was. I couldnt see where it started but I could the the approximate location to where it ended. My guess was the local Walmart.

But there are other places over in that direction. The liquor store, the chinese take out and Adult World, just to name a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home