Monday, August 30, 2010

Thats A Lot Of Bull...

Thats A Lot Of Bull....

Today we went to Utica to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin. We usually make this trek about once a month. You know, these people arent getting any younger. These are my fathers siblings and he likes to see them.

This day started out just like any other day. Trying to wake Cami up is becoming a chore in itself. School starts again next week and I dont know how shes going to make it. I cant get her up at 8am, how will she be up at 6am? Well she could just stay up all night like usual. * grumble *

I finally got her up and out of bed at about ten minutes to 9. She had her morning pill at 8 but went back to sleep. She still needs to shower before we leave. I called my father to see what the game plan was and he said that my sister was picking him up any minute. So I told Cami to take a quick shower. Thats when I heard the back door close. Too late. She took the dog out back.

I waited a few minutes and called them both inside. She didnt want to shower but I told her that if she didnt shower, she couldnt ride in my sisters car. So she stomped her feet a few times. I picked up the phone to call my sister and thats when she ran to the shower. Ok! Ok! I'll take a stupid shower. Smart or stupid, I dont care. Just take one.

The phone rang and it was my father telling me that he was on his way over to pick us up. Cami was almost ready. Out the door with a brush in her hand and carrying a bowl and a book to read. We get outside and she runs back up to get her MP3 player. Just then, my sister pulls up. Talk about cutting the times close.

I didnt get to have my coffee and that is a must on a trip like this. I cant function without it. So we zipped into a DD and pleasure was to be had. Now its time for the highway. My father isnt all that quick on directions. He is one that will let you know where to turn just as you are passing it. So my sister was zipping this way and that way. Im glad I was in the back seat. I think my father crapped in his drawers a few times.

So we made it to the main road that will take us to where we need to go. It was one of the back roads. The thruway is a pain in the ass so we stay to the back roads. Better scenery and less traffic. Along the way, Cami decided to point out the corn fields before I did. Ruined all my fun. But there was one interesting conversation that took place.

Me: Look Cam, cows!
Cami: Where?
Me: Over there.
Cami: Wow, there are a lot of them.
*grabs her head and turns it away*
Me: And a bull.
Cami: How do you know its a bull?
Me: It was doing bull things.
Cami: What are bull things?
Me: Things that bulls do.
Cami: How do you know?
Me: You will know when you are 40.
*looks back*
Me: Yep, it was definately a bull.

My sister was laughing because she saw it too. That cow must have been really sick because that bull was pushing it to town.

We arrived on time to the location where we all meet. Not to mention all the turns and highways and circles and lane changes that we endured to get there. That city is pretty much all highways. They all connect to each other and its very confusing. So once we arrived at the plaza, I think my father had to shake out his shorts again. I know I pick on my sister but its true, you have to be able to stop on a dime and turn at any given second because you dont know until he points to it. Im sure she pissed off a lot of people on the road. But hey, what can you do? I was just glad to touch solid ground.

While waiting for the others to come, we usually hit some of the local shops in the plaza. As we were walking to them, my aunt and cousin showed up. We hurried to shop and then we all went to the buffet to eat. During the meal and long after, we chatted and visited. Cami and I went shopping some more and came back. They were still chatting. We shopped a little more. They were still chatting. The conversation was still the same topic because neither my aunt nor my father could hear each other. So there was a lot of 'what did you say' and 'huh' and 'what'.

The topic turned to funerals and who was buried where and when so my aunt asked my father if his was all paid for and then asked me if I knew where the funeral home was. I said no. My father looked at my cousin and asked if she was coming. She said yes. He said something else and she said for him not too worry and she would come put flowers. She said, I know you will be up there watching me. He said, there are no eyeballs in ashes. So that will be my motto for now. I got a kick out of that one.

On that note, we all stood up and finally left the restaurant. My father needed to go to a store there to get cheese. The really stinky stuff. For some reason, they dont sell it in my area. So we have to go in search of it somewhere else. So we were back on the highways and the twists and turns to get to the store. Cami and grandpa went in and my sister and I waited in the car. They came out a few minutes later with that cheese and some cheese curd. Cami loves that stuff. Its now time to head home.

My sister hits the thruway. Shes tired and wants to just get home. We stopped at one of the rest areas on the way to get more coffee. Cami decides that shes hungry. She doesnt eat much at the buffet because there really isnt anything there that she likes. Its one of those chinese ones. So while at the rest stop, I got her some McDonalds. Back on the road again.

We made pretty good timing and we got home at about 4pm. Not too bad. Its now 7pm and she wants dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home