Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Countdown Begins....

The Countdown Begins....

So Im counting down the last days of my summer vacation. This really sucks. The summer went by way too soon. Im not ready to go back. Yeah, can you picture me stamping my feet and crying like a little kid. And to think, thats what Im going back to. You know those kids are going to feel the same way. But they love us. And Im sure they miss us as much as we miss them.

The summer came and went way too fast. I didnt get to do all the things that I wanted to do. Money was tight and now that we are moving, its even tighter. Im having some neighborhood issues. My car was broke into. The tires on my truck were slashed. Its just been one thing after another. I was reading in the news that Im not the only one. There are some kids that are going to various neighborhoods to do these deeds. All for fun. I really hope they catch them so I can go downtown and beat them with my slugger.

Is it me or am I alone in this. Parents should know where their kids are at all times. If my child was out there roaming the city, I would be having a heart attack. Why cant parents watch their kids? I understand to give them a little freedom but this stuff is happening long after midnight. Maybe Im a bad parent for making sure my kid is sleeping and tucked all snug in her bed at night.

I was chatting with my neice a little bit earlier. We were talking about todays kids. Now mind you that shes not that far off from highschool. And she recently graduated from college. But the topic was how girls are dressing. We both agreed that they are little tramps. That brings the above topic back into focus. What are these parents thinking? These little girls were at the mall and she said they looked at about 13 years old. They were wearing next to nothing and showing off everything. And then the parents wonder why bad things happen. Its like you can almost predict which ones will end up in a ditch someday. Once again, I must be a bad parent.

This week will be an interesting one. My child has had another medication change and shes not sleeping again. I know I have posted about this a dozen times or more. ADHD is a very difficult thing to handle for both the child and the parent. School will be starting soon and she needs to be up at 6am to get ready. Im seeing that this is not going to be happening. The new medication is supposed to allow her to have calmer mornings. So far that part is working but the sleeping is still difficult. I dont know about you but when I dont get enough sleep, Im a pain in the ass. Can you imagine a child with ADHD and ODD? Its hell. Pure hell. For both of us.

I was debating on starting the 6am routine a little early so that should break a cycle. No more sleeping til 8am. She has to be to school at that time and I need to be to work as well. So Im thinking we need to start this now and get into the old routine. This should prove to be very interesting. Anyone want to do this for me? But the good part is that there is a DD and a McD across from my school so I can get all the coffee I need.

We are going to the camp on Thursday to spend the night. There is a local resort that has fireworks. I dont like to drive through that area at night so we will be sleeping over. Not a bad deal. I love spending the night at the camp. Sitting by the fire and making s'mores. But then all that sugar leads to an all nighter with my kid. Oh well. Lets have one last blast before school. Not like it makes a difference. Shes up anyways.

We will be moving soon to a new apartment. I cant wait. Im dreading the packing and unpacking but this will be a good thing. There are some benefits to living in the new place. Bigger rooms. Better neighborhood. Safer place. Then there are the downfalls. Less rooms because Im losing a third bedroom. No attic for storage. No big fenced in yard or the dog to run. Now I will have a garage to store stuff but I also have to walk my dog on a leash and clean up after her by hand. Nothing like doing the two handed deal with a shopping bag. I dont have a large dog but she does have some pretty large piles. Also another benefit is that I dont have to shovel the driveway or mow the lawn. We shall see how this all works out.

I havent been doing too much this summer with my jewelry business. Ive been more relaxed and just living life. I need to get back into the swing of things with that. The sanity is a blessing both ways. I need the cash as well. With the new bigger room, I will be able to have more space to work. Also with the garage, I will have some work space for my trunks too. I havent worked on them all summer either. I need to get some of those done and sold soon.

Let the countdown begin til I have to go back to work. In a way Im looking forward to it, and yet I like being at home. But I love my job and I really do miss the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

This summer has gone by awfully fast. PDM starts teaching his Fall Semester classes on Monday. The K-12 kids here have been in school for a week or two. And it is almost time for football and cooler weather.

9:21 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Im actually dreading going back to school.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home