Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Movin On.... Part 4

Movin On... Part 4

I have been going absolutely nuts the past few days with getting everything cleaned out and packed. I have thrown away a ton of stuff. I went through Cami's clothes today and threw out about two bags and there are three bags sitting in the corner waiting to be taken to her school for the nurse to have. She likes it when I do this. She uses the clothes for kids that have accidents or spill something on their clothes. This way they can have something dry to wear home. So I do this every year before school starts. This year, there is more than usual.

I cleaned out my linen cabinet. This one will be taken to the new place for the kitchen. Although I do have a lot of cabinet space now, this one will be for things I need locked up. I wont be able to lock the other cabinets. I have 4 cabinets here that will be given to anyone that could use them. I no longer need them or have the space for them at the new place.

I will be working on my front foyer tomorrow to organize coats and shoes and what not. Some will be put in storage and some will be put in the closet at the new place. There will be some that will go to Cami's school if anyone needs them there. Although we do have closets in the new place, they arent very big. So cutting back on all this stuff is a good thing. Also we got a garage to use as a storage room for things too. The pallets are there and ready.

Tomorrow morning, I have to be up at 6am to get ready to go to the new place to wait for the new furniture to be delivered. Im so excited. I havent had new furniture in 13 years. Im almost paranoid about it. I have hardwood floors over there and I dont want them scratched up so Im going to Walmart tomorrow for some brown felt to put under the legs of everything. My bed will also be going over there this week so I can get that set up. I emailed someone tonight for a new computer desk. Im praying I get this one because I really like it. Fingers crossed.

This has been really stressing on me. I have no idea where half this crap is coming from. We have lived here for ten years. Most of this stuff will go into the garage for storage. Its all the sorting of stuff I want in the place, in the garage or in the trash. There will be some stuff going to an auction. I do not have time for a yard sale. Maybe if my mom wants to have one, thats fine. I will bring it all to her. The painting is what has taken my time away from what needs to be done here.

Tomorrow after all is done with the furniture, I have a couple of errands to run and then Im coming home to pack my kitchen too. Whew.... Im exhausted just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home