Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Movin On... Part 5

Movin On ... Part 5

I think this will be the last part to this little tale. Thus beginning a new beginning. We are finally out of the old place. Good riddance. My old landlord was sad to see us go. But he understood the need to get the hell out of Dodge. Well thats not where we were living but you get the point. I couldnt stand it any more. Even he himself moved out of that house at one time. Yeah, can you imagine that one? He himself lived there with his family. And you would have thought that he would have fixed up some of that stuff. But he didnt and now he has to figure out what to do next. I highly doubt I will see my deposit though. Ten years of that. And even he commented on that. He saw all the trash outside and commented on it being ten years worth. Well not really but it was a lot. I dont have the room here for it all. I still have a bunch in the storage to go to an auction house.

There are a few cool things here though. I honestly like it here so far. I havent lived in an apartment complex in about...oh, ten years. He he he. I missed having a dishwasher. I was tired of doing that myself. Once you have a taste of it, you regret leaving it. I also missed having a bathroom that I could move around in without having to climb over something to get to something else. Meaning, slide between the shower wall and the sink, just to get to the toilet. If you are thinner than 17 inches wide, then you wouldnt have a problem.

My mom and her boyfriend came to visit one day. We had planned to go out to dinner. It just so happened to be the day we needed to get the rental truck back to Uhaul. So while we took care of that, they stayed here with Cami. Well Cami talked my mom into letting her play on the playground out back. Yep, a playground. Actually there are two. One in the front and one in back of my place. Nice huh?

Well the one out back here has one of those old merry-go-round things like we had when we were kids. You know, the ones that are pretty much banned from modern playgrounds. I remember as a kid, we had them in all the playgrounds including at the drive-in. The playground was located in front of the place, right under the screen. So anything we did, everyone saw it.

My brothers used to get all the kiddies on it and then get that thing spinning so fast that the G-force would suck you all the way to Saturn. You didnt dare let go. If you did, it would hurt like hell and probably require a trip to the ER. So you hung on really tight or you learned to spread your legs around two bars and leaned inbetween them. Just in case you had to puke, it would land somewhere outside of the thing. Preferably on the one spinning the hell out of it.

Well Cami had never been on one before. She really didnt know what to do with it. So she stood outside of it and started spinning it. She got it going fast. Not sure what went through her mind or possessed her to attempt to either stop it or grab it to jump on. We still arent sure which. But she grabbed it and Whooosh..... she was off the ground. She went around twice and then she let go. She ended up with a nasty egg on her shin. I honestly thought it was broken or something. It was every color of the rainbow. After about 2 hours though, the swelling went down and she was walking on it just fine. I think she learned not to do that again.

Another interesting thing that I learned about this place is that someone famous once lived here. Its a cul-de-sac sort of place. So there is a road in and then the circle at the end with apartment buildings all around. This place was once an old military housing unit. Im guessing it was built somewhere in the 50s. The place is quite solid. I no longer live in the house of sticks. I now live in the house of bricks.

I noticed a sort of marker in the middle of the circle at the end of the complex. When I first came here to look at the place, it was in the middle of a circle of grass. But since I have been living here, the grass was removed and it is all blacktop around it. I never thought about what it was til one night I was out walking the dog. Yes, I can do that here. I can go out at night and not have to worry. Imagine that one. Anywho, I was walking the dog and I got curious. So we walked over to the marker and I read it. Whoa. I had to read it twice. And even then I wasnt believing it.

I did my research and yep, it was true. Jimmy Carter once lived here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Girlie said...

Where are yew?

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home