Thursday, August 26, 2010

Im Movin On... Part 3

Im Movin On... Part 3

This is where it gets good. What to take and what to leave behind. Im not going to have munch time to sort and divide. What we decided on was to take it all and store it in the garage and sort it there. We need to get out of here asap. Not that I have to but I need to. My car was broken into recently and just last week, my tires on the truck were slashed. Im sick of this neighborhood. It used to be so quiet here but now its turning into a party street with cars and gangs. Yeah, gangs way over here. Im far from downtown but seems that its moving out to the good places now.

We decided to get most of the stuff out of here first and just keep the main stuff to live on over the next few weeks. We are pretty much here til mid month and the final deal is about Oct. But we will be moved out by then. It also gives us a chance to get this place painted and ready for the old landlord to see and give us our deposit back. He will have to do that because this place is in 100% better condition than when we moved in. Trust me, I have pictures to prove it.

We also decided to leave behind some of the old furniture. Its old, and falling apart and we cant really take it with us. The couch is 13 years old and the cushions are held up with plywood. Thats staying. In fact, thats going to the curb. My daughters bed is staying because its broken. Its one of the cheap ones you get at Kmart and the side of it broke. A friend of mine is giving her a day bed to use. She has the matresses for it. We just need the bed. But my friend is also taking my kitchen island and a cabinet that we are also leaving behind. There are a few things in the attic that are not coming with us. They may end up at an auction. Im sure that when I go through the stuff after we move, there will be a lot more stuff for the auction.

But now we dont have anything for the living room. No couch or anything. We need a tv stand too. The one we have here, will stay behind unless someone else wants it. Its a tv armoire with no doors on the top part. But there are doors on the bottom. Its not in bad shape. Just too big for the new place. We want a simple stand that the tv sits on top of with a cabinet under.

So we set off in finding a living room couch. That was the game plan. A couch. We have a sort of sofa sleeper that is all foam that folds out on the floor that we are taking with us. But we want a new couch. I went on line searching the sales at the better known furniture places. I couldnt believe how much they wanted for a couch. The cheapest deal I found at one place was $700. Then I thought of the economy place where I bought my last set and they wanted about that same price. I thought this was going to be a mess. Boy, was I right. Then I thought of another place that I know they have a clearance section. I thought that would be the first place to look.

So last night, off we went in search of the perfect couch. With the perfect cost. We went in and I was actually floored with the prices. There were tons of couches with decent prices. Less than the economy place. I was sure to find something. So after about 2 hours, we had found about 4 couches that were within the price range. But then there was one set that kep me coming back to it. I would check out one couch and then another and back and forth and I elminated them down to one couch and then one set to choose from. Then I thought, the cost of the set is a lot more than just the couch of the other one. But the thing is, this set is a clearance and has to be purchased as the set. So I thought about the cost of the other couch and how much that would be as a set. They were the same. But which one do I like better? I couldnt decide at that moment but I thought that I better get a credit check first. I have the money to get the set but I would rather get the credit so that I have some extra money to get other things I need.

Well the credit was denied. I was shocked because I do have good credit. But they saw that I do have another loan out there and thats why I was denied. Are you kidding me? They figured that I needed to pay off my other loan first. Well that wasnt going to happen in the next week so I needed to go to plan B. I need to see about borrowing some cash from my father. It would be a loan so he wouldnt complain. But I didnt want to break myself by spending the little bit of cash that I had left. I made the choice of the clearance set because I really liked it better. So I decided to talk to my father in the morning and see what he says.

I pretty much sat up all night debating on this. Did I really want to do it this way or just get it and be done with it. This was hard to do. Im already stressed out. I didnt need even more stress. So today I went to him to ask him for help. He was cool with it and we went to the store and got it all taken care of. I paid him half of the money for the set I wanted. And we came home with all the pillows that came with the couch. We didnt want them lost in the delivery. So on Wednesday morning, my couch set will be delivered to my new apartment. The cable will be turned on too. Im getting more and more excited.

I went to the new place to see what I needed to have right away. The place needs to be cleaned and a quick coat of paint will do it well. Cami wants purple in her room so I said she could have a light lavendar color. Something I can easily paint over with white when I move out. Im not concerned about it. The rest of the place will get a nice coat of white paint. Im just picky about who lived there before me and I want the place cleaned from top to bottom. Whether or not the landlord had it cleaned or not, I want to know for sure by doing it myself. So that is the game plan for tomorrow and Saturday.

Oh and I need a new toilet seat because there is no way Im using one that has monkeys on it. Yeah, monkeys.

2 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

You need to take a photo of the monkey toilet seat before you replace it. Do it!!

Congrats on your new place.

7:57 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Damn.... I didnt think of it. I already chucked it out. The place is painted and the reservation for the Uhaul has been made. Ive been pulling everything out of every corner and throwing stuff away, and packing what I want to keep. Its been nuts here.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home