Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spinning....

Spinning...

Im really getting tired of this circle of getting sick. Its a viscious cycle. Its never ending. But this time its pretty bad.

Monday morning was aweful. Cami was so sick. She had a high fever and everything was coming out both ends. Of course we stayed home from school. I wasnt feeling all that well with a head cold that I got. That was getting worse as well. But the fever was about 100 and she was feeling quite crappy. Literally.

Monday night was worse. She was waking up alot and crying because her tummy hurt. Poor kid. The fever was still there and she was pretty well medicated. But she was still feeling the blues and she slept in my bed where it was cooler. I still have the AC in the window so we had that on all night.

Tuesday morning was the worse. 101.8 I went to work and she stayed home with her dad. He took her to the doctor and they said that as long as shes eating and drinking, shes going to be fine. Its a stomach flu that is going around. Ya think? We have had it a few times already. But she is eating and drinking so there is no reason to worry. She played in a cool bath and was feeling a little better.

Wednesdat morning, she was sick again with a 101.2 fever. She stayed home again. I went to work and busted my ass with getting a project done for the kids to present to the school for Womens History. I had a whole timeline set up for Harriet Tubman. You wouldnt believe how many of those kids had no idea who she was. It boggles the mind.

But I had it all laid out and ready to put together. I had some kids helping with the writing. I had some kids doing the pictures. I had alot of work going on with this that I didnt think straight when I was taping it all together. I ended up putting it backwards. So we had to cut it all apart and redo the whole thing. I only had a couple of hours to do all this but we got it done. Good thing I have a creative side.

I took the kids to lunch and recess and then I had to leave to go home because her dad had a doc appointment. I was sad to have to miss the presentation. But my priorities are to my kid first.

Thursday morning came and the fever was pretty much gone but she was being a total witch. She wasnt feeling good but we had to try school. We made it through the main part of the morning and got to the school. She was being whiney but I told her we had to try. During assembly, I saw he double over a little and I was a bit concerned. Her teacher sent her to the nurses office. While in there, she threw up and we had to go home again.

As I sit her writing this, she is in bed but still awake coughing. Im not sure if shes going to school in the morning. I doubt it. Shes been a wreck and its taken its toll on me too. Im not all that well but as an adult, I can handle it alot better.

Also tomorrow night is my neices wedding and I may have to miss it. Im really sorry about it and I want to go really bad. But being sick wont be a good thing around so many people having a good time. It breaks my heart but I will do my best to attend.

Big hugs for you and congrats. I luvs you guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Fingers crossed, eyes crossed, and toes crossed. Hope Cami gets over it quickly, so you can both get things going again.

Your mind will now over-boggle, as, err, embarrassingly, I too had no idea who Harriet Tubman was.

Her courage and focus, though, brought a tear to my eye. I believe there were only a few people who have achieved similar goals.

Has there ever been a film made about her life?

3:52 AM  
Blogger BC said...

There are many books and Im sure there are documentaries about her. Not only did she rick her life for freedom, she went back down there to help others. And she did this more than once.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home