Friday, March 06, 2009

Exploding gases.........

Exploding gases....

No this post isnt about space travel. Although there is an interesting article on the news about that. They are sending a ship up and beyond to explore space for other Earth-like planets.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/space/03/06/nasa.kepler.launch.planets/index.html

Its interesting to see what comes back.

Actually this post is more about this past weeks activities and also there is a restaurant in the news that is somehow related.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1882569,00.html?cnn=yes

Dont ask. But I can tell you that I wont be eating there any time soon.

This week has been a blur. It was testing week and everyone was super stressed out. Especially me because Im in one room while Cami is taking a test in another room. Im seeing what is on the tests and hoping she remembers how to do the stuff. Its the State Math Exam. We all hate math tests. Especially me.

Monday was interesting as she was sent home from school with a fever and sick stomach. I wasnt feeling all that well either so I was happy to take her home and we prettymuch chilled out for the rest of the day. Tuesday, we went to school because of the exam. She was doing ok. She ate lunch and she had a decent day over all.

Wednesday was a decent day as well and I got wind that she did very well on part one of the exam. But her sick tummy and fever was back. We pulled through the day and later, I went to class. Thursday morning was the bomber. Literally. I had just stepped out of the shower when Cami came in to use the bathroom. She just made it to the seat before her ass exploded. The sounds alone sent me running out of the room. I think she lost about 10 pounds in there and the smell was like something died.

I checked her temp and she also had a fever. I called in to work and then I sent her back to bed. At about 11am, she was in there again and I called her doctor. Its a stomach flu. Just wonderful. We just got over that a couple of weeks ago and now its back. Im really getting tired of illness. So we spent the day in bed watching tv and napping all day. Im sure I will catch hell about it at school though. It was a half day for the kids but it was a full day for staff. We had a meeting to go to. Sorry.

Today went a little better. She still wasnt feeling well but we went to school because I could have sworn we had a field trip today. Even the bus driver showed up for it. But apparently its next week. How did I end up a week ahead of myself? And I wasnt the only one. Something freaky is going on here. But we got through the day and then went to the mall for some dinner. It was cool because while we were at Grandpas, Cami wanted to do card tricks. So I showed her a couple and then we left. While at dinner, Craig, our waiter, also did a couple and she won a prize for picking the right card. Of course he used trick cards. I dont use them when I do the tricks.

When we got home, I somehow fell asleep and had a weird dream. Yep, you guessed it. Its that time again folks. Everyones favorite topic. My weird dreams. I will blame it on the french onion soup I ate at dinner. This one is a good one.

I cant remember how it all got started but somehow I was in a house with my mom and step dad. Mind you that he has passed away. But somehow appears in various weird dreams. This time though, we were greated with guests. It was a weird layout to the house. The guests were my aunt and uncle and a couple of married cousins that brought all their kids. Thing is, they all dont have kids. Only one of them that was there has a child. But somehow there wre about 6 little boys running around making it a hell day for the pets.

Then a friend of mine showed up. But I dont seem to actually recognize him. I remember that his name was Brian and he wanted a tour of the house. So I took him on a tour and he mentioned how cool the rooms were. One room in particular was really cool. It was like an attic room that had a bar and a pool table so we shot poolo for hours. Thats pretty much where I woke up on that one.

The dream I had this evening though was quite strange. I was in a downtown location sitting on some steps to a huge building. There were alot of steps. I was sitting there with a back pack and all the contents on the steps. Like I was sorting through it all. It was stuff I would normally have in my purse. But I also had alot of earrings. I really dont know why though. Suddenly there was shooting. It was really close and I could see it happening. I gathered all my stuff and shoved it all into the pack. I looked up and my friends were just down the block on two-wheeled scooters. They yelled for me to hurry and I ran to my scooter. We took off just as we heard more shots fired.

So here we are zooming through downtown. Its also the middle of the night so there isnt much traffic. There were times that we were on major highways and bridges. Just cruising around. Then I said to one of my other friends that we had to get to the airport for a flight time. She looked at me and was in shock that she forgot about it. She didnt have her luggage so we were going to go and get it. We found it on the street somewhere near where the shooting was. She grabbed it and off we went.

We got lost downtown on the way to the airport. It was weird driving those things and we were going up and down streets. No one was around and somehow all the other friends were gone. It was just the two of us. We talked about what we would do when we got to Ireland. Ok, this is weird now because I had no idea that was were we were going.

We finally made it to the airport and parked the scooters. On the way in, we ran into a bunch of people that were also going to Ireland. She was all about the cute guys and meeting up with them when we got there. I just wanted to get in line so that we didnt miss our flight. The line was on a sort of moving track. Upwards. To the ceiling area. There was a lady there taking tickets. All I had was this one back pack and she had a ton of luggage. I still dont know how all that luggage got there with her.

We got to the ticket lady and my friend decided that she wasnt going to go. I was shocked because this trip was her idea. She said that there was a cute guy at the bottom of the track waiting for her to go out with him. I said that he could come along and she didnt want to do it that way. So she left. I was standing there with my ticket. Someone else ran up to her and wanted her ticket to go with me and she refused. Then she decided that she would go with me anyways. That is where I woke up. Im very confused with this one.

I know who the friend is and Im not mentioning her name. Its not anyone that I chat with on line though and its not anyone that I work with. But it was really strange. I wanted to go to Ireland. I have no idea why though. Its not on my list of potential trips that I want to take. What is it about Ireland that is so important to me? And I was upset that I almost ended up going alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Oh God, it's been so long since I went all over the western part of Ireland.

Me and a few of friends went over to Ireland. We journeyed as far north as Spiddal, near Galway, and then journeyed on to Limerick, Tralee, round Dingle, and then onto Cork in the south.

We had some good times over there. This is a link of Mick & Mick, or a couple of Micks taking the mick, err, so to speak...

http://www.macrankin.co.uk/other_stuff/no_dumping.jpg

5:09 AM  
Blogger BC said...

I think this dream was the closest I have ever been to Ireland.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home