Monday, March 09, 2009

Bring Me To Life....

Bring Me To Life....

Weird that I am actually listening to that song right now. It made me think of something to write.

I thought Spring was finally here. I got all excited the other night when I came home from class and saw lightning. Yeah, me, the one who is afraid of lightning got excited over it. TO me, a thunderstorm is almost welcome because it means that the air and the ground are warming up. A sure sign of Spring.

Another sign that caught me off guard was seeing the V formations of the geese. In the past few days I have seen three of these such formations. Heading north. Or at least to the nearest park with a pond. Thats a good sign right?

Another thing that always represented the coming of Spring was the fact that we have to turn our clocks an hour ahead. In a way I really hate this part because that means we lose an hour of sleep. Its hard for me to get used to this. I like my sleep when I can actually get it. Last night wasnt such a night.

I couldnt sleep. I did fall asleep but I woke up coughing. I think it was the moisture in the air. Its been raining for a couple of days and I still have my AC in the window. There is alot of moisture that seeps through the openings around the AC unit. Its sealed off for bugs but thats about all. I like the night air. Even in the winter I prefer the coolness. Plous the fact that my neighbors have a hard time understanding how to use the thermostat properly. Its hot up here. I have a fan in my doorway that runs all the time. I cant stand the heat. Its hard to sleep when you are sweating. And everyone wonders why I am sick alot.

So this morning was really tough on me. I dozed off but that cough woke me up and every time I tried to lay back down, I would cough again. I ended up propping myself up and slept that way. But I didnt fall back to sleep until somewhere around 430am. My alarm went off at about 630am. I was groggy but I knew I had to get motivated. I took a hot shower and I was on my way.

It was pouring rain out this morning when I went to work. I wasnt complaining at all though. I prefer this over snow. Of course I had to mention that though. I seemed to have been hit by the jinx monster on that call. I was feeling realy groggy. The sort of feeling you get from jet-lag or even a mild hangover. If it was the hangover, I surely dont remember how I got it. Must have been fun.

So all morning I was feeling like I was dragging my ass and I must have left it somewhere. Right along with my bright eyes and bushy tail. I was just not up to par at all. At about 10am, I was looking out the window in the classroom when I noticed that the rain was turning to a mix. Damnit. I didnt want this. Then the big flakes were coming down. But it wasnt sticking. We all enjoyed watching the flakes hit the ground and vanish. It looked as if they were goign through the ground with a magicical force. It was really cool. Of course this spawned a lesson on the weather and how the ground temp changes. The snow wasnt sticking because the ground was warmer.

Or so I thought. About a hour later, that all changed and the snow was starting to stick. This means things were cooling down and I wasnt liking that idea too much. One of the teachers came in and said the roads were really slick with an icy coating. Wonderful. Just wonderful. This is not a good time to be telling me this. I really hoped that this would be changing soon.

I finished up the day hoping that things would be changing. At about 300pm, the rain was coming back down and to me that was a good sign. The snow was pretty much gone off the sidewalks. This meant clear streets for the drive home. My brain wasnt in any condition to drive on ice.

Cami has an afterschool chess club so I was waiting around for her. Nicole was in cheerleading. I was bringing her home too. At about 430pm, things were looking much better. I dropped Nicole off and headed for home. Once home, I got something to eat, helped Cam with her homework and passed out for an hour. I was whooped.

I really cant believe how losing that one hour totally wiped me out.

3 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Where I work, we don't even have the control of our own thermostat, and on top of that there's no real air conditioning.

When it gets ridiculously hot the gov'nor has to phone up some place else to get them to reduce the heat. How stupid is that.

12:23 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Thats how it is where I am. The heat is controled at the main office and some rooms are hot and some rooms are cold. Its so stupid. Our whole wing of the school is freezing because of the construction. My classroom is about 60F while the hall is about 40F.

10:36 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

The time change wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We've had a lot of early meetings at work and I figured it would be awful springing forward, but it wasn't a big deal for me.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home