Thursday, February 19, 2009

Its almost over....

Its almost over....

No its not the end of the world. Thats someone elses blog.

I havebeen on a week vacation from school. Mid Winter Recess. Such a wonderful thing. We should have one every month. But I have been taking this week to relax and keep off my feet. I ended last week with leaving school early for a doctor appointment. I got my right foot retaped and the doctor told me to take the tapes off on Monday as usual. I took them off a little early though because I had an itch on my foot that wouldnt leave me alone. You know, the kind like when you have a cast on and you need a wire hanger to stick down in and scratch it til you cut yourself. So I took off the taping early just for that pleasure. Sunday, I went to the mall with my father and walked a bit and then on Monday I went out with him, my sister, Cami and my neice. My foot was doing alot better.

I now have new sneakers that are a little on the snug side with the heel cups that the doctor gave to me. They seem to be working better. But then again, I have been off my feet for most of the time. And Im not walking on that hard concrete all day. That helps alot too. My ankles have been better since I started the taping. The thing that kills me is the cost. Fifty bucks total and the insurance company only pays ten of that. How stupid.

I didnt go to class this week though. The weather was supposed to be a mess so I passed up driving in that crap. Im getting really tired of this weird weather. Warm one day and then cold the next. I can tolerate the cold but it never fails to make me sick. So yep, that means I have another cold. It will go by quick though. Im using the good stuff on it. But typical of NY, thats how it is here. You would think I would be used to it by now.

My pets have been behaving better. When Mindy first moved here, it was pretty crazy. The kitty moved here before Holly passed away. Holly was quite a big dog. Mindy looks like Holly but shes about half the size. I think I may have freaked the cat out with that. She was probably thinking that she got rid of the big dog and now shes back but she shrunk. But now they are just behaving like, well, cats and dogs. The cat stalks the dog while shes eating. The dog stalks the cat when shes in the litter box. They chase each other all night. But when they do sleep, they tend to sleep next to each other. Its so cute. They dont fool me a bit.

So today is Thursday. Im getting sort of cabin fever again. I need to get out and do something but I dont have the extra cash to do so. I was thinking about a trip to the museum tomorrow. Only thing is, I have to keep Cami away from the gift shop. She will break a bank in there. But then again, so will I. More than likely though I would be in there looking for stones. Yeah, pretty sad that I buy stones. But these are really nice for me to make things with so its worth it. Ive been working on a necklace now for w few days trying to decide how to finish it. I love the main part of it but the rest is killing me. Its all done with blue tigereye. But what to finish it with, I have no idea. I have a chain on it now but I need something more. I get this way some times.

Ive been doing some other work on a few more pieces. Im hoping to finish them up soon so that I can get them up on the website. I also need to work on taking some photos of finished work. If I dont go to the museum tomorrow, I will be setting up my boxes and sorting everything that needs to be photoed and cataloging it all so that I can get a little more organized. I need to get one of those carts that have several drawers for this stuff. I have so much to sell that isnt even up on the website. I need to get that moving. I just keep making more and more stuff though. It keeps me busy.

Also, if someone could give me some display ideas, that would be great. I cant afford to buy them but I want something more specifically for bracelets. Nothing fancy. Just ideas.

Also can you tell my dog that she cant go out to pee every hour just because its snowing and cold.

6 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

I don't suppose there's any chance of doing light duties when you go back to work.

I mean, if you can swing it with your boss, then that would be the more ideal way of easing yourself back into heath.

3:57 AM  
Blogger BC said...

The light duty thing really doesnt apply. Its just all the walking. Like taking the kids to gym or to the lunch line. The hard part of it all is the standing around. If it was just a general quick walk then that would be fine. Its the constant walking and then standing that kills me.

Ive been really good about making sure I get to sit when I can. Or at least put one foot up for a few minutes. Ive also thought of just grabbing some ice on the way to the cafeteria so that I can make a quick ice pack to put in my shoe for when I have to stand.

Its our job to watch over the kids. We cant be sitting when there is too much going on around us. We have to be paying attention and be able to act quickly.

1:02 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Cabin fever...I can relate to that. Doesn't matter than I live in a city. I was sick and stayed home the two days right before the long weekend, so for five days I barely left my apartment. I felt like busting out of the joint.

7:50 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I also like museum gift shops. Sure, there is a lot of hokey stuff there, but also some gems.

Hope your orthotics give you relief. I've tried some inserts. They help a little, but that nerve still gets pinched a lot during the day.

7:25 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

Blimey, we've all got foot problems...

You put your left leg in, or left heel spur out, in out, in out, and shake it all about.

You do the Morton's (hokey) Neuroma (cokey), and turn yourself inside out.

Omg, you put your right leg in, or Plantar Fasciitis out, in out, in out, and shake it all about.

You do the Morton's (hokey) Neuroma (cokey), and that's what it's all about.

6:57 AM  
Blogger BC said...

WG - I cant stand just being idle. I hate shopping but I will walk the mall just to look at the outside world. With all this weird weather, Im tired of being trapped inside.

In a way Im happy to be back to work but at the same time, my feet arent.

Fermicat - I like the heel cups she gave me and they have helped alot. Im wearing normal sneakers all day now. Maybe in the Spring I will be able to wear those relaly nice boots that I bought for Winter. LOL

MF - LMAO... You never cease to crack me up.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home