Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Smell my feet....

Smell my feet...

How interesting can this be? Im serious though. Im pretty much reduced to washing my feet with baby wipes and soap. I cant get the bandages wet in the shower. I now have both feet wrapped. I went to the doctor again today and she taped both up and told me to come back on Friday. So this is going to be a twice a week thing. On Friday though, I will be recieving shots. Id like to avoid this process though. I actually prefer to have them taped because this is immobilizing the tendons to allow them to heal. I just dont like having to wear the bags over my feet to shower. I hate wearing socks all the time. I like my feet to be cool when I sleep at night.

Today was a hellish day. It wasnt so bad til the afternoon. I knew I should have gone out for lunch. I was captured in the lunch room and sweetly talked into taking on the sixth grade class to teach for the afternoon. It went fairly well but for a choice three that just couldnt get it together. I wasnt prepared for this and my boss had to step in. I wasnt prepared for that either so Im sure I will hear about it tomorrow. I left out of there early before anyone could say anything to me. I will refuse to do it tomorrow. I was able to take care of a few things before I left though and also got my bus line together before I left though. They cant complain about that.

I have a class tomorrow but I think I will be limiting my time there with the expense of my doctor visits though. $80 a week is going to kill me financially. Also they are discussing the issue of orthotics for my feet. Im hoping that my insurance company will cover the bill for them or Im screwed in that department as well. I cant afford them on my own. Also they want me to use their gel cups as they are supposed to be alot better than the ones at the stores.

My advice to anyone who has a job that requires you to be on your feet alot is to take care of your feet and dont take advantage of walking pain free. Soak them and pamper them as much as you can. I regret that now.

1 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

This made me think of the time my sister, who is a flight attendant, had to have surgery on her feet. It was awful! But she got through it and her feet are better now. Wishing you luck with recovery.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home