Monday, February 02, 2009

Paper or plastic.....

Paper or plastic.....

Well I was wrong about the shower thing. Major time wrong. I honestly cant remember how my mom did it. As many casts and injuries we all had while growing up, she always made sure that we didnt get them went. I even went fishing at the age of six with a full hand cast. I dont ever remember having this problem. I guess it wouldnt have been so bad if it was my hand. I could be able to keep it raised. But with a foot, its more difficult. You have to keep your foot down. I dont think its possible to shower with your foot above your head. Im not about to try it. Any takers? I didnt think so.

So now Im wandering the house looking for something to wrap my foot in. I knew there were at least four or five rolls of waterproof tape in the first aid kit. I checked in there and oops, none. Wonderful. But even if I had the tape, what would I do with it? My trash bags are all the Force Flex kind so Im not sure that would work. My shopping bags have holes in them. That definately wont work. Its now Saturday morning and I have to figure out something quick. I have a class in a few hours. Oh, did I mention that Im the sort that has to shower every day? Well I am and Im now in a panic.

Then it hit me. What about a bread bag? I didnt think a storage bag would work because of the ziplock thingy. But a bread bag might. So I took the last few slices of bread out and put them in the ziplock bag. But I still didnt have the tape. I have a few rubber bands but Im not sure how that would work. I grabbed them and thought, what the hell. Its worth a try. Thats when I noticed the roll of duct tape on the shelf. Hmmm.... Duct tape fixes everything right?

So I go into the bathroom, put the bag over my foot and duct taped the opening around my leg. This shouldnt be all that bad. I mean, when I have to take it off, it would save me on leg waxing time too. Kill two birds with one stone. I think the only fear I have now is to watch my footing in the shower because the bag would make it slippery. This should be interesting, to say the least. And no, Im not video taping it.

I stepped into the shower and I was careful to keep my leg out of the way just in case. I washed my hair and put on the conditioner. I then washed my body. I rinsed my hair and then I turned around to rinse the front of my body and thats when I felt the pop. Oh crap. The tape gave out at the top and I jumped over to the edge of the tub and stuck my foot out so that the water would not get in the bag. I slipped a few times but was able to grab the edge of the shower wall to balance. I shoved the bag off my foot and grabbed a towel.

I now have my foot balanced in the towel on the top of the toilet and trying to rinse the rest of the soap off my body while using a wash cloth. This is just not going to work. It might have worked better if I had the shower head with the hose on it. But that was broke a few days before from Cami grabbing it and breaking the clamp on it. I have no idea what Im going to do now. I cant afford to run out and get a new one. Im sure I could get a cheap one but when it comes to shower heads, I like the ones that have all the massage settings or the water has to have alot of strong pressure. If there isnt alot of pressure, then it takes forever for me to shower in the mornings. I hate that. Screws the whole schedule.

I asked a few people at the class on what to do. I asked a few friends on what to do. LW and I settled on a good way to overcome this. We thought that just washing my hair with my body outside the tub first and then fill the tub and take a bath with my leg hanging over the edge would work. Mind you that I know Im going to have to do this for a couple of months at least. It might also help to shower with a friend. Ha ha ha... How will that help? And what thoughts just went through your minds? But sadly that wont be happening. So get your minds out of the gutter.

Sunday morning rolls around. I figured I would try out the idea from the night before. I got on my hands and knees outside the tup and proceeded to wash my hair that way. There are alot of things wrong with doing it the way I did. First off, make sure to wear a shirt while doing this. There is nothing worse and pressing your bare chest against the cold tub. If you choose not to wear a shirt, at least put a towel down. Second, make sure you have a spare towel handy for when the water goes gushing over your face. This is not something pleasant when you are not expecting it. And last, expect to have your chest and back killing you for the next couple of days. Im not a contortionist. But I needed to be one to do this. My arms just dont bend in that direction to make sure all the soap is out of my hair. I wont even mention anything about all the water that filled up in my ears.

Just as I was about to fill up the tub, I checked the time and I wouldnt have time to take a bath. I had plans for a movie today and it was cutting close. I decided to take my bath after I got home. So I rushed to get ready and go. The movie went pretty well. The walking went pretty well too. The only complaining I did was after the movie. Having a head cold and then with all that water that went into my ears, plugged everything up so that I couldnt hear. The vibrations from the base really did I number on me. About 20 minutes later though, I sneezed, blew my nose and everything was clear again. It was pretty cool for a while though.

But the thought of my morning shower weighed heavily on my mind. How was I going to get through this? I mean I can bathe tonight and just wash my hair tomorrow in the tub. But there is no way I can continue to do this every day. Its too much on my back, chest and ears. There just has to be a better way. So at the pharmacy they have this thing called a Shower Sleeve. Its for casts and stuff. It ties on both ends with elastic straps. Water cant get in. I bought one, took it home and tried it out. Wow!! This worked!

Today is Monday. I used that sleeve this morning and it worked great. Today was a great day up until about 330. Someone in Cami's class broke her glasses. It was deliberate. Im pissed. Im royally pissed. Tomorrow I have to go to Lens Crafters and see about getting a sort of receipt for the cost of them to turn in to the school for payment. They already arranged for a voucher to get her new ones but thats not nearly going to cover the cost of these. She cant have child glasses. They dont fit her. She has to have adult size and have the bows molded to fit. This pair cost me about $170. I cant afford new ones. So someone will be refunding me something. We shall see what happens in the morning when the principal gets ahold of this case. Im not backing down. Im getting sick and tired of the crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home