Sunday, March 01, 2009

Dream Weaver....

Dream Weaver...

As I typed that out, I also went into YouTube to find the video for it. I really liked that song. Also there is a new complaint about YouTube. Most of my favorite videos are gone. Apparently Warner Music got pissy about the rights and pulled everything. So all those cool videos are gone. Pissed me off actually.

But anywho, I was a little bored tonight and decided to do a post about everyones favorite subject.... My weird dreams. I dont know why I have weird dreams and I would really like to know the meaning of them. Some of them are just so far gone that you would swear I had a healthy dose of MSG before bed. Its either that or the Italian Ice that I ate after some Spanish rice for dinner. Wait... I didnt have this particular dream last night. Ok, so that means I cant explain why I had it.

The dream was so vivid and realistic. You know, the kind where everything is clear and you run and run and wake up exhausted. Except in this one, I wasnt running anywhere. I was actually driving. I was driving a dream in a dream. The object of my dream was a brand spankin new 'stang convertible. It was a smoky silver color with a black top. Sweetest car. Yes, there are times that I do dream about cars. Especially if its a Mustang.

But here is the weird part. I was driving in the desert. Im not sure where but somehow Texas comes to mind. I was definately in tumbleweed country. I just remember alot of very large powerline towers in the area. I remember seeing an old ranch house. Not much was with the ranch though. There was an old man on the porch. The weird thing was the hound dog laying on the top step with a shot gun unger his front paws. Like this was something so normal.

I pulled up in front of the house. I dont know why though. Maybe to ask for directions out of Death Valley or maybe to get some water. More than likely it was for some tanning oil so that I didnt turn into a bright red lobster. But regardless of why, I just did it. I sat in my car for a while and suddenly my own dog appeared on the front seat next to me. How weird is that?

Suddenly a loud sound was heard just before a thunk on the roof of my car. My dog started to growl and I could hear a loud screaching. I know it wasnt me making the sound but there was definately something on the roof of my car. It was moving. I could see it through the material. It was something large. I looked out the window and the old man was still sitting there. However, his dog moved a little. Well at least his head did.

I told my dog to stay put and I stepped out of the car. I could not believe what I saw. There was a deer on the roof of my car. No this wasnt one of Santas pets. This was a regular deer. Only thing is, it wasnt alive. I know I didnt hit it. If I did, then that was a long shot to the air before it landed. I dont remember going that fast. But that wasnt the only thing on there. Eating the deer was an extremely large buzzard. Vulture. Scavenger bird. Death itself. It looked at me like I had my car in the wrong spot so its my fault he is on the roof. Ooookkkkk..... This isnt looking so good. You know what they say about big flesh eating birds in the desert. Lunch. And you might be next.

This caused a sort of panic to rise within myself. I swallowed hard as I tried to think of a way to get the bird and its tasty meal off my car. I mean, those talons would do a hell of a job on the vinyl roof. It would be a bitch to replace. Plus all the blood. I dont want blood on my car. Sheesh. So I looked to the old man for an answer. He was still just sitting there. He took his pipe out of his mouth and said that Ol' Jake there would take care of the problem. I then looked toward the dog. I was a little shocked to see that he was up on his haunches with the site of the rifle aimed at the target. The target being the bird on my car.

I was freaked. How in the world would a dog be able to shoot a shotgun? My dog was still in the front seat thinking she was the next meal. By this time, a few more of these bald headed beasts were gathering around. This is how I know there were powerlines in the area because that is where they were all hanging out. The only thought that went through my mind at that moment was The Birds. Its one thing to have a bunch of crows and skyrats hanging around but these birds were big enough to carry my ass away. And just for the record, there werent just a few now. There were at least fifty of them and some more circling above.

The old man on the porch didnt even seem in the least bit frazzled by all this. He just sat there toking away on his pipe like this was the normal Sunday afternoon. I, on the other hand, was about to panic and scream as loud as I could. I was not about to become the dessert after that deer was consumed. My poor dog didnt know what to do but just sit there with a look in her eyes that I knew was fear.

The hound was still aiming at the roof of my car and waiting for his masters instruction to shoot. Then a thought hit me. Vultures live in the remote areas. If I could just leave and get to somewhere green, they wouldnt bother me. They only prefer dead things right? Well I wasnt dead and I wasnt planning on being dead for a long time. So I decided to jump into my car and drive away. I hit the gas and tore up out of there like hell on wheels. Im sure I made enough dust to divert the attention of the birds. I fishtailed and spun around a few times trying to shake the bird off my car.

I pretty much succeeded in doing that task but the deer was still up there and the birds were now following me. I was punching at the roof trying to bump the deer off my car. It wasnt moving. I was looking for some place to pull over and get it off the car but there wasnt anywhere that there wasnt a bird waiting for me. I stopped the car and rolled the window down. I figured that I could grab the thing that way and pull it off and be on my way. No such luck. As soon as I opened the window, the bird was back on the roof and continuing its meal.

I gave up that prospect and just started to drive. Suddenly in front of me, there were a bunch of birds circling and landing on the wires. There was no escape from them. But I kept driving on. It seemed like I drove for hours. Trying to dodge the birds and praying that I had enough gas to get me to someplace green. Thats all that mattered. Someplace green.

Suddenly I drove into a field. A real field. A green field. I was still on the same road though. But now I was surrounded with cows. It was like I was driving through a Winsconsin dairy farm. The deer was still on the roof but there were no buzzards to be seen. I stopped the car and pulled the deer off the roof and got back in. My only thought now was to find somewhere to get a drink. I woke up feeling drained, exhausted and very thirsty.

That was such a sweet car though. But I think that if I ever get a Mustang, I will opt for a red one just to be on the safe side.

4 Comments:

Blogger MacRankin said...

Stupid dawg! If he was that clever to pick up the shotgun in the first place and to take aim why didn't he pull that trigger and let 'em have it.

Must admit,though, that was a good read. Not sure what it's supposed to signify, as it was a bit on the dark side.

You know, it's more than possible that I'm completely wrong, but I do get the impression that our dreams have always been abstract.

I don't know what I'm getting at, or what I've been smoking, but maybe we've lost touch with some ancient insight that enabled us to once interpret the meaning of our dreams. Or something like that? LOL

12:45 PM  
Blogger BC said...

The way I see it, I need to get to someplace green. Maybe its all because Im really tired of winter. I dont know. It was just so weird. I wont be watching The Birds any time soon.

5:01 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

It's been a very long time since I've got behind a wheel.

If I had the money and wheels I'd go for an Aston Martin -- James Bond. Ok, I'm an old smoothie, I wish. LOL

Still, a Mustang. I don't know, but I'm sure I've seen one recently? I've been to a couple of motor shows, but that was years ago.

I like the Mustangs of old -- the recognizable ones, or the ones that take on that classic look of theirs'.

I wish I was still in the motor trade. Who know's what I might be overhauling now?

I used to be a diesel fitter, on the old black taxi-cabs. I always wondered what those yellow New York cabs were like to work on. :)

3:59 AM  
Blogger BC said...

This was it.

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/
images/07_models/eleanor/
eleanor_conv_01.jpg

I hope that link works. You have to piece it all as one line though.

As for NYC cabs, I think they get worked on alot because of engine wear. They are either sitting in traffic or constant stop and go. That kills a transmission quick.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home