Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Star Is Born...

A Star Is Born....

I know Im writing this a little late but Ive been a little busy lately. A little stressful. A little crazy. This medication altering thing is really exhausting. I feel so bad for her. Nothing really I can do about it though. Consequences mean nothing to a child with ADD/ADHD. Its getting to the point where I dont know where else to go. Her dad doesnt help much either. Its frustrating.

Anywho, its Thursday and today is a very stressful day for everyone. Im praying that the medications work today. She is both excited and nervous of the upcoming event. And yes this is a major event in her little life. She had a rehearsal at the highschool and she thought that stage was amazing. Ive been there many times and yes it is a huge stage to perform on. She is so nervous that she wont know what to do. I told her that there will be hundreds of others there that can help her out.

Her teacher got a little break for the morning today with her being out at another rehearsal. This time though, its at Proctors Theater. This place is absolutely stunning. It is one of those opulent opera houses. I couldnt wait for her reaction when she got back to school. She has been there before but that was a couple of years ago. She really didnt remember the place that well. But this time is a whole new experience for her. This time she will be on the stage looking out. I envy her.

I talked to her at lunch time when she returned and she was absolutely thrilled about everything. She had a much better afternoon. Im hoping that this is working for her. We left school at about 330 and I got her in the shower right away. I got her ready and got myself ready. Mom and Mouse showed up a little early and we were so happy to see them. We exchanged some gifts and goodies. :D

At 530 we headed to Proctors. I took Cami and ran in with her to get her settled with all the other kids. She went to the backstage door and knew where she needed to go. Soon the kids started to come out on to the stage. I could see her in the middle jumping up and down. I waved back to her and she saw me. The show was amazing. I was stunned at how well it went. The music was perfect. Of course I was in tears the whole time. Im so proud of her.

The elementary schools were on first. They played 6 songs and then left. The middle school was next for 3 songs. Then the high school was on for 3 songs. Then while the highschool kids were still playing, all the others came back out on the stage for a finale. They all played a song together. It was amazing. It was beautiful. My mom was amazed. She expected alot of screeching and cat killing sounds. Ha. Wrong. These kids really are good.

Later that night, it was hell to get Cami to go to sleep. She was so wired up. She was still so very excited. What a wonderful day. As she lay there in bed, I could still see the lights in her eyes. My little star.

5 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Aww. Sweet story.

4:14 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

It is a good day when a kid is so excited about a good thing that they cannot sleep.

7:13 PM  
Blogger ctheokas said...

Of course, if she keeps up this violin thing, when she turns 18, she's going to take a year off and busk across Europe, meet some hippies, and put her hair up in dredlocks.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats what I want to do. LOL

6:37 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Music and performing arts are incredible outlets for creative kids, especially if they have ADHD. It's amazing how it can get them to focus. Studying music does some very beneficial things to the brain. Encourage her to keep going with it.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home