Monday, February 25, 2008

Aloha part 2

Aloha Part 2

Vacation time is over. It was an interesting week. But it allowed me to take a much needed break. As many of you know, my daughter is ADHD. While we had this time off, I allowed her to be off her medications so that she could just be the banshee that she is. It gave her a break as well. We went out almost every day except for the snowstorms. But on Thursday, she wasnt feeling so great and neither was I.

Saturday was another jewelry class. We learned to make byzantine bracelets. I have been wanting to make these for a long time. I really enjoyed the class. The best part was listening to a couple of others complain how hard it was. I thought it was very easy. Maybe because I am used to multitasking. But it was really a great time. Of course with a bunch of chatty women in the room, it tends to get a little out of hand. But thats the fun of it.

Today was the first day back to school. Of course, we didnt quite make it that far. The usual banter in the morning of how she doesnt want to wake up always turns into how she doesnt want her hair brushed or to even get dressed. This morning it was quite different. In the middle of all that was an episode of projectile vomiting. Nothing serious. Just all that mucus that I refer to as lung slugs decided to make an appearance on my kitchen floor. So I called in and we went back to bed.

The rest of the day was spent watching cartoons and playing her DS. She ate and was doing pretty well. Tylenol Flu is her best friend. Once shes on that, shes fine. Im hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for her. But I still had to go to a 4 hour meeting tonight. I have two more weeks of these classes. Every Monday night, we gather in the school library and go over situations of how to handle unrulely kids. I think that is how you spell it. Oh I dont care. Im lucky to actually get my thoughts down in order.

Apparently I missed a good opportunity to put this class in action. This morning, a couple of the kids pulled the fire alarm. Im sure I will catch heat from my boss as to why I wasnt there. Boo frelling hoo though. My kid was sick and that was more important.

I got off track again. I was talking about my class tonight. It was pretty interesting. We do alot of role playing and good stuff where we get to act out as the child in need. Why do I always have to play the bad kid though? I think its a conspiracy. But I dont mind. Its always been my dream to just start running down the halls and screaming obscenities at who ever gets in my path. The kids have fun doing it. Why cant the adults once in a while?

We had a special guest tonight as well. It seemed that at just about 7:30, most of the ladies all decided to rise to attention of our guest. They all at once went up on the chairs. Yep. You guessed it. It was a cute little mouse. Im sure he was more scared of them than they were of him. Poor thing. I tried to catch him and then I was going to release him somewhere else but he went behind one of the book cases. He came out a few minutes later and was chased down the hall so no one freaked out again.

We were also told that next week we need to wear something comfortable. The class will now take on a more physical approach. Restraint. This should be fun. Although I think they should have some kids come in instead of us practicing on each other. Make it worth the while.

So stay tuned to see what happens next. Its back to school in the morning. Oh and one of those kids that pulled the alarm is one of those that made my week before vacation a living hell. Since he is suspended, it will be a break for me for a couple more days.

4 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Your life is a chaotic whirlwind and I would never be able to keep up with everything you do...

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment. Trust me. I have no life. Most of it is spent at home. :D

10:00 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

A cousin of mine is a special ed teacher and she's always got a good story or two about her class. As far as life with Cami, I think I've said this before but, while right now it feels like it's going to go on like this forever, one day really soon you're gonna turn around and she's going to be in high school. It's weird but true. And then you'll be wondering what to do with all the time on your hands. I know...more jewelry!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im holding on to her for as long as I can. I dont want her to grow up. Already shes showing signs of heading towards puberty.

I spent the entire day at the bead shop on Saturday and I learned to make new stuff. Im starting on stitching beads. This will bring a whole new dimension to my work. Now if only I can remember what she taught me. LOL

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home