Saturday, May 03, 2008

The long road home

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080423/ap_on_hi_te/techbit_i_can_has_cheezburger

Here it is folks, the best job ever.

Just thought I would through that one in. Id do it but my day job is more exciting. Really. Ok ok.... So I lied about that. Its not so much that its exciting but more entertaining. Never a dull moment. Plus I cant just sit there all day long looking at pictures of cats. I suck at spelling though.

So on to bigger and better things. Im in a really good mood tonight. Why? I'll tell you why. Oh wait, I need to post up that blog I was working on yesterday. Hold on for a few. Ok. I finished that one and posted it. You can read it if you want.

I ended up losing my train of thoughts though. Good thing I took notes of a certain phone call I received. Which is really what this post is about.

During the past few weeks I have been chatting with my mom about when she will be coming home from Florida for the summer. I know I do this every year. I miss my mommy. I dont get to spend any of the Fall or Winter holidays with her. Not even Easter. It really sucks without her. So anyways, she said that Mousie had to receive knee surgery before they came up. I really felt bad for him because I knew the pain he has been in for a few years.

The surgery ended up as just some laser scraping and all that. Still painful though. So they opted for a couple more weeks to heal. Then I got the call about them leaving on the 24th. They would spend a night in North Carolina and then a night or two in Maryland at his cousins place. They do this every time they make this trip. Both ways. But they want to be able to be back in time for May 1st. Thats the night of Cami's concert at Proctors Theater. This is a big deal for her so we are letting it be a surprise. Them showing up. She already knows about the concert.

So anyways, I get a phone call on the 23rd at about 730pm. Its Mousie letting me know that they are in North Carolina. Whoohoo!! They started the trek early. Now I should also mention that mom got a new car. She traded her minivan in for a Prius. Its an ugly car but it gets 50mpg. Not too bad when you do alot of traveling. But my concern was where they would put all their stuff. They usually do the fleamarket thing and then sell the goodies up here. Guess they didnt so it this time.

They told me to expect them in NY somewhere around Monday. So I kept calling them to see where they were at the moment. Im excited for them to be home. So one night when I called, they happened to be at his cousins in Maryland already. Damn that was fast. But he had a little tale to tell me. The information that they entered into their computer got them a little lost. A little? He said that while he was driving, he saw alot of cop cars aroundhim. Why doesnt this surprise me? LOL

This turned out a little amusing because when he looked around, they were in front of the Whitehouse. I asked if they brought a camera but he said that it was packed in the back. Good place for it. But he also said that as they were trying to get out of there, they ended up in the middle of the Univ of Maryland for an icecream party. A what? And where? How does he get into these things? As he said.... Hell, at least I got to see the Whitehouse.

So now that brings us to Monday. They have arrived at the camp and its cold and rainy. Not a good thing. It was such nice weather til they came up. I think they brought it with them. Of course they deny it though. Im hoping to be able to get to see them soon. The concert is Thursday night.

Cami has been a little witch. She got in alot of trouble on Monday with KAPL. I was called to the office and she was sent to the Time Out room for a while. Tuesday seemed to not be any better. She was kicked out of class this time and her Dad was called in to deal with it. I talked to her teacher later on and told him that I thought it was something to do with her medications. We had to alter them but maybe it seems that its too much to handle.

Wednesday I went back to the original times and doses but she had an incident in the cafeteria and was sent to the office again. But I did talk to her teacher later on and we both agreed that outside that one problem, shes getting back towards normal. I hope it works for her on Thursday because this is a major thing for her. Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home