Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oops I forgot this one...

Sorry for the delay. This was originally for Wednesday. Oops.

What a hellish day today. It was one of those days when you dont want to get out of bed. As a matter of fact, I fought it with everything I had. Too bad I wouldnt get paid though. Its bad enough that I wont get paid for last weeks vacation. Yeah, thats one of the perks of my job. When there is vacations or just days off, I dont get paid. Not even for a snow day. Not even for a 1 or 2 hour delay. Hell, not even for all summer.

But let me jump back to where I left off on the previous post. Saturday proved to be a wonderful day. Come hell or high water, Im going to camp. But I wanted to stop off at the Nature Center first. They have some really cool stuff there that I wanted to show Cami. Seems she has this issue about bees. I wanted to show her a bee hive. They have one inside that is all encased in glass. There is a tube to the outside that allows the bees to come and go freely. Honey bees to be exact.

So we took the ride up to the mountains and went to the nature center. Its a little place off the beaten path. In fact, they have alot of paths there. For hiking of course. One of these days, Im going to do some of that there too. Its near the hiking trail on the escarpment where I go alot.

I showed her the outside and where they have alot of plants and natural goodies all nicely marked. I showed her what each one was and its purpose to the wildlife that comes to visit. I have been to the center a few times with the kids at school for field trips. I do believe I posted about it before. But anyways, they have a model of the mountains and the escarpment and all the trails. Where the lakes are and all the roads. Its really cool. Cami pointed out where we were and all the things she remembered from last summers hike on the escarpment trails.

We looked at fossils, bones, furs, and stones. Then we looked at some live animals that they had in the building like a turtle and some bugs. Yes, bugs. Seems that bugs behind glass dont scare her as much. She liked the bee hive and even found the queen.

We looked out the windows at all the birds and squirrels eating. She enjoyed watching that. Then we went outside and I showed her the beaver lodge. She knows this well enough because we have them at the camp. So she pointed out things that she knew. We stopped at the gift shop so she could buy some crystals and stones that were pretty. Even an arrowhead. By the way, that one may be made into something that will be up for sale.

Then we left the nature center for the ride to camp. Being that the leaves havent formed on the trees yet, we were able to stop and look at a hidden waterfall near the Alcove. I watch the Alcove every time I go that way. It tells alot about the water levels and drought. It looked great. We stopped and took some pictures but nothing great. I need to get down in there to get better ones. Also another shot at a hike.

We pulled into the campground and drove straight to the lake. I wanted to check out the damage from the beavers over the winter. Seems they were really busy. I would say that 80% of all the smaller trees there have been chewed off. We hiked back in on the little road. We couldnt drive in because there was a very large tree down. It was very depressing to see so much damage.

From there we went on to the campsite. We started out by making a fire. Then raked some leaves from around the front of the deck and cleaned alot of that out. We burned alot of them but Cami was upset about the punky flies. The disturbed wet leaves made that worse but all the smoke from the leaves cleared them out. She opted to sit in the truck for a while though.

We left there and headed for home. On the way home, I stopped for a small pint of icecream. Seems we cant have any in the house because she will sneak it in the middle of the night. Nothing like eating something that she decided to stick her fingers in. So I figured the small pint wouldnt have been a big deal. Well I took a little nap and then I found out that she ate the entire pint. Oh joy. Another sleepless night because she was zooming. Girlie thought that I was going to bury her in the back yard for that one.

Sunday went off without a hitch. I was happy to have a relaxing day though. I really didnt want to go back to school. Monday was a decent day. I was a little tired. The kids all kept me awake. Seems they couldnt wait to come back. Nothing major happened though. At least nothing that involved blood. It seemed that there was an incident in the neighborhood while we were away though. Same shit, different day for there.

Tuesday rolled around and seems there was more activity. We went into lockout at about 1pm. Not lockdown. Just a lock out. Also on Tuesday was picture day. It was crazy to make sure that all the kids looked their best. Lunch was french toast sticks with syrup. Who thinks of these things? Are they doing this to punish us? Also on Tuesday night, I went out to dinner with those that I was with for the Monday TCI training. We had a nice meal and some drinks. Then we all got our certificates.

Now we come back to Wed. What a hellish day. Oh I did mention that earlier huh. Lets just say that someone didnt want to wake up and smell the coffee and it wasnt me. I dont want coffee. But this someone was such a brat that her head was spinning. I was waiting for the green soupy stuff to come flying out but no such luck. If it had, then that would mean that she ate some sort of vegetable and that would be so wrong to her. Gawd forbid she have a vegetable.

We get to school and she gets out of the car. I asked her where her violin was and she forgot it. Today was rehearsal at the highschool. So off she went without a violin. This was not a good sign. This afternoon was pretty decent though. She changed her mood and was much more pleasant.

There was a play today. The Childrens Theater comes once a year to our school and puts on a play. This one was the Emperor and the Nightingale. What a great show they put on. I gathered autographs for Cami while she had to go back to class. Also when we were outside, the girl that played the bird was out there with us on break.

Over all it was a decent afternoon and evening. Tomorrow proves to be a crazy day for me though. Violin lessons, guitar lessons and a class after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

I think I know what Cami's issue is about bees. Getting stung. ;)

11:50 AM  
Blogger BC said...

Well duh... But shes scared of flies, ants and anything else that would resemble a bug. LOLOL She will get right up close to look at them but once they move, she will scream.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home