Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sproing

Not that is not a typo. Just a word that I liked to say.

Finally. I couldnt wait. It was driving me insane to feel cooped up inside. I was feeling a little bit of cabin fever from the hazy shade of winter. I thought it would never end. Not like Colorado that got some snow recently. But that came in handy for the fires there. I have been having the windows opened to allow the fresh air in. *coughexhaustfumescough* I would not have been able to do that with the tree there.

I was on vacation all last week. Spring Break from school. Not like I was running around naked or having cool parties. Seems I am little too far away for all that fun. Fifteen hundred miles away. Plus I think Im a little too old for that crowd and I for damn sure aint doing that here.

A couple of weekends ago I had planned to go to the camp to get things cleaned up. Actually it was more for raking the winter mess of leaves and sticks into the fire pit and lounging. Sounded like a good plan to me. But the weatherman said that it was going to rain and thunder and all that good stuff. So I opted out on Wednesdays class and canceled the trip to camp to take Saturdays class instead. I really need to slap the weatherman because it was a beautiful day. Bright and sunny and warm. All the people that did show up at camp were pleased with such a wonderful day. Since the weatherman is my cousin, I can politely call him a jerk for that. He he he.

So anyways, Saturdays class went very nicely. Although I can kick myself in the ass for missing that Wednesdays class. It was something I wanted to do but money only allowed me one class a week. I will take the lessons of Wednesdays class some other time. But Saturdays class was a new bracelet. I will be making more of these and they will be available for sale on the site.

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I enjoyed sleeping in. It rained off an on in the morning but it was a nice day over all. Monday was pure hell. I was up early and started Spring cleaning. It took me three days to clean out one room. Just so happened to be my daughters bedroom. Shes not even a teen yet and it was beyond trashed. I dont mind the toys and the books everywhere but there is a slight problem that involves her medications.

She has always been someone that never required much sleep. Hmmmm I wonder where she gets that from? But it was getting out of control and she was placed on Clonidine for sleeping. Doesnt work though. Not much more we can do about it either. She is too young for anything else. The day time medicine makes her feel icky to her stomach so she doesnt eat much after breakfast. Lunch time is just her sitting at the table with her friends and I pack her some snacks to munch on if she wants them. She drinks her juice and her milk but thats about all. At about 3 in the afternoon, shes hungry. So she will eat her snacks then. Dinner time rolls around and sometimes she will eat like a horse. Other times she nibbles.

But then about midnight to 2am, shes up and sneaking in the kitchen. I hear her but sometimes Im too late. She steals what she can get and hides it in her room. Well the past few days, I have found pudding cups, banana peels, spoons, paper plates and cups all behind her dresser, under her bed and behind her toybox. What a joy it was to clean that mess. Not. For those of you that read the fruit fly blog titled, Whats that smell, you know quite clear what this task was all about. Good thing there were no flies this time.

But also with the nice weather, we have gotten the bugs outside. And a few inside. My father has the carpenter bees outside his window again. I really dont like these but I know they are harmless. My kid doesnt seem to understand it. She will run to his door and ring the bell. I dont know why she bothers because her screams alert him that we are there. Shes such a pansey.

When she takes the dog out back, you can hear her out there too. The bees and the spiders are all welcoming Sping as well. So she yells up to me to see if the dog wants to come in. Shes standing in the stairwell with the door closed. She does this out front as well. Im glad we didnt go to camp last weekend because there is nowhere to hide from the bugs. I need to break her of this soon or its going to be hell there.

But there was something else that got me last night. I was sitting at my desk and I noticed my cat was signaling in on something. I couldnt see it because the kitchen light was off. I watched her for a little while and she was definately tracking something. I got up and turned on the light and I saw something dart behind the dogs water dish.

I was almost afraid to move it but I dont want any bugs in my house. So I grabbed a paper towel and put on my brave face. Yeah I need to do that or I will scream like a little girl. Oh wait, we already have one of those in the house. Ok, so I didnt want to scream like her and wake her up. Not like she was asleep anyways. She was aleady in the doorway by this time.

I moved he dish carefully and the cat pounced, the dog barked and the kid screamed. Well that was a fun moment at 130 in the morning. I was able to catch the object of my cats desire and squish it. I dont know what the hell it was but it scared the bejeezes out of me. It looked like a large male mosquito. The six long legs. Yes it had six and not more. I counted them. Eight or more legs and I would have passed out on the floor.

This was something like a small alien. Omg there is life out there!! Seriously though, I didnt know what this was. It was dead though. I just dont want to find any of his friends around. It gets bad enough that there is the occasional moth in my room at night. Thats enough for me. Im thinking that its time for a Spring bombing of the house. There are those creepy crawly things in the basement that occasionally make their way up here. I pissed my pants one night seeing one of those in my bath tub. And we cant forget the peep shows with Godzilla. Not looking forward to running into him and his friends any time soon.

Wednesday was a fun day. My father hasnt been feeling too well lately but he felt good enough that he wanted to go out to lunch and get some soup. I picked him up and we went to the mall. He was doing fairly well and we walked for a while. Did some shopping and took him home. He will call if he needs something.

Oh, I should also include that lately it seems that I break desk lamp switches. My father is an electrician so I bring them to him. The first one was a brand new lamp. (I need clamp lamps with the goosenecks) It was great until the bulb burned out and I couldnt change it. Seems the glue that held the light unit in, melted with the heat and glued the bulb into the socket. He will have to break the bulb and clean out the socket.

So I got a new lamp in the meantime. The switch is one that you turn on the top of the lamp. I dont know what happened but after a week, it wouldnt tun anymore. So he decided to take it apart, rewire it and try a new switch. When he plugged it in, it went POP and that was the end of that. So I now have a new one again. Lets see how long I can make that one last. I need it for my desk because this is where I sit and make all my jewelry. Very well cant make stuff in the dark. I can try but you never know what will come out. Could be some really interesting stuff.

Well after leaving the house, he said he wanted me to stop over Friday after his doc appointment. I know its to clean his place out. Not a major thing. I dont mind. I just hate making his bed with all the layers and straps to hold everything together. He has the bed propped up at the top and uses the straps to keep things from sliding down in the middle of the night. Nothing like having your sheets all bunched up at your feet. At least it may keep him from sliding down too.

Thursday was guitar lessons for Cami. Her teacher and I talked last week about the possiblility of me helping her out when her baby is born. She will need someone there while she does music lessons. Not a fun thing with a new baby. This is her first so she will need all the help she can get for a while. So if this comes through, I will have something of a job for the summer. I love babies and this is perfect. There will also be some light house keeping and some cooking. I can handle that too. Als today we talked about her wanting a spot for camping. They want to buy a trailer but all the campgrounds were so expensive. I told her that I would look into something where I am. Maybe she can get the empty spot across the road from mine. That would be great.

Saturday marked the last day of vacation time for me. Not looking forward to seeing it ending. I havent done anything for myself this week. Yeah I am feeling alittle selfish though. I want one day to just do nothing and relax. My life doesnt have such luck though. But I have plans to go to the camp on Saturday. More than likely I will behome in time for class. I did take Wednesdays class this time though and it was great. Once mom and Mousie return from FL, I will be doing all Wednesdays classes as Saturdays will be at camp.

Lets see what the weekend holds.

3 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

That bug was probably a crane fly. They are very large, but harmless, and resemble a mosquito except much larger and with really long legs. My cats love chasing those things around.

My cats were tormenting a big locust inside the house last night. That thing was making a huge racket flopping around and getting chased.

6:38 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Maybe the bug could take guitar lessons. Bet he could play one hell of a guitar. Or at least a Dragonforce song.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But this thing didnt have wings. Or.... Kitty ate them. O_O

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home