Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I hate getting old....

I hate getting old. And please excuse the typos because Im just too damn lazy to fix them right now.

Yeah its that time of the year again when you really hear all the snpap, crackles and pops and its not from your cereal. Also Im sick yet again. I swear this f****ed up weather is going to kill me yet. Either that or the tree next door will. I swear that if they dont cut it down soon, Im going to have to take drastic measures. An auger drill and some battery acid. You know, I would actually do this if it wasnt for the fact that there is a gas line right near it. My luck it would explode in my house. Then again, it couldnt do anything worse to the house than what already has been done before. But thats not my fault. It was like that for many many years before I moved in. I just made the inside look better.

Anywho, in case you are wondering, its my birthday again. Well not again again. Just again as in that its that time of the year. Im 28 again this year. Only this time I have 10 years experience. Last year I only had 9. Im moving up in the world. Oh joy. Now if only the rest of me will catch up. They say that you are only as old as you feel. Well Im feeling about 90 right now. Does that count?

Yesterday moring I was hit with one hell of a head cold and a sinus infection. This is all due to extreme allergies. Ive been having panic attacks recently and I dont know why. My doctor doesnt know why either. So he has taken me off all medications except for the Atenenol. Well wouldnt ya know it, without anything blocking the allergies, I was slammed face first into a concrete wall. This is quite painful. Its not something you deal with. Its something that causes you to freak out. When the back of your throat swells up so badly that you cant breathe, then you have a problem. Well I do anyways.

So all day yesterday, I suffered from it. I couldnt breathe and when I was having a panic attack (from fear of suffication) I went outside for air. Mind you that its been raining so all that pollen from that crappy tree was worse and making my sinuses worse. It was a non-ending cycle. I took every medication I had and nothing seemed to work. I finally gave up abot midnight and took some TheraFlu Severe Nighttime formula. I took about a third of the bottle and passed out. Literally passed out. I woke up this morning with the computer still on and my pants were still on.

Ok, so its my birthday. What shall I do today? I have to work. So getting out of that. So here is how my day went. I have to speak slowly to myself as I type because Im higher than a kite right now. Im pumped full of antibiotics and that nighttime med again. Please bare with me. Not that kind of bare but you know what I mean.

I woke up and decided that I didnt want to. Well I do that every morning but this time, I had already hit the snooze button way past 7am. Not a good thing. Means I have to rush. I hate doing that. So I jump in the shower. Literally because its a cold one. I had to do that this morning because if I didnt, I would not have woken up after all the meds from the night before. I hurried through my shower and put on some makeup so that I looked somewhat alive. Then I had to trun my head upside down to blow dry my hair. Yes, I do this and no, there isnt a way around it. So all that crap seemed to clog up in my brain again.

Brushing my teeth was a chore because I cant breathe through my nose. This is a pain in the ass to have to inhale through the mouth while its full of tooth paste. You would think the mint in the paste would achieve clearing the sinuses a little. Nope. Oh well, suffer I must. But at least I can taste it. I get everything going and get ready to leave. Im somewhat alive and conscious enough to drive.

I get to school and yes we are going to be outside on the playground. I look forward to this because the kids can run rampant and I dont have to control them too much. Im not in the mood to do so. And being that my ears are plugged, the screaming in the gym would have caused my head to explode. So yeah, the playground is good enough for me.

I make it through the morning without any problems. Its starting to look like a great day. Until lunch. Then all hell broke loose and I lost it. Yeah, can you imagine that. Me, the calm collected one, lost it. I got the kids lined up and we went down the hall towards the back door to the playground. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a flash outside. Now mind you that this is not a good sign when followed by thunder rolling. So I went to the lunch boss, who determines whether or not the kids are in or out, and told her that it was thunder and lightning out. You know what she tells me? If its not raining then tey go out. Are you kidding me? Ummmm, sorry but Im not bringing them out. She argued with me and got the principal to demand that I take them out.

So I took them out. Im literally screaming inside because to me this is an issue that Im not too please with. So out the back door we went and about 20 feet to the playground gate. I no sooner reach the gate and crash came the thunder and the lightning was unbelievable. Now everything out there is metal. So my kids all ran back inside. Some in tears. Ok, now Im pissed. I havethe kids headed back through the hall and wouldnt you know it, they are demanding that I take them outside. WTF??? Hell no and I continued down the hall. I told them that if they are to be outside then the lunch boss and the principal needs to be as well. They refused. I mean come on. The building shook. So inside the gym they went. I told you I would win this one. Oh wait, I didnt say that yet. But anyways, I won.

So about 15 minutes later I hear over the PA that we can go outside. I looked out the back door of the gym and wouldnt you know it, not a cloud in the sky and the sun is shining. So out we went. About 12:15, its time for them to come in and go back to class. I no sooner get them in the classroom and its a downpour. This is too weird. Ten minutes later, the sun was out and shining.

About 2pm, the thunder started again and the lightning was crashing. Then about 215, it was sunny again. At 3pm, Cami came in and got all the kids to sing for me. It was soooooo cute. Until they started counting. Are you one, are you two, are you three and so forth. They got to about 30 and then said, are you 30, are you 40. I nearly choked and told them that no, Im not that old yet. So Kim got them back on track. Please dont scare me with that big number yet.

So I got the kids off on the buses and Cami went home with her dad. So an easy afternoon for me to finish my paperwork in peace. About 4pm, it was a downpour again. Im glad to be going home but I wasnt thrilled about the race to the car. Im not that good at dodging rain drops. But with the way the day went, I figured that I can wait about ten minutes and it will be sunny again. Guess what? I was right. I went to the car all nice and dry. But it got hot as hell out. All that moisture made it muggy. I went straight home. I was given some Shrek cupcakes and that was a good deal. I havent had one yet though. Being sick, I just wasnt in the mood. I drugged myself up again because that damn tree was smelling something fierce.

I took a nice long and quiet nap. I know I promised to be back on line in one hour but ya know what? I needed the sleep. So I took advantage of it. I woke up and took some more medicine. Im feeling pretty good but I just took some more. Im off to bed now to pass out yet again. Hopefully I will feel better in the morning because I have a field trip to go on with Cami's class. We are going to a day camp out in the woods. Yeah joy for me huh? We shall see what my allergies bring home this time. Im looking forward to the fun but not the pain in my face.

See you all tomorrow night when I can get a better grip on what to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home