Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ive been tagged....

Fermicat tagged me so I need to come up with something for this post. Sad thing is that everyone I have on my list has been tagged already. So I guess I cant tag anyone. And I was hoping to be able to run around and .... oh never mind. That will only get me in trouble. He he he.

Anywho, here is my list of random things about me.

1. I am a trained Special Ed Paraprofessional. Basically my job is an enormous task that I take seriously but I have alot of fun at it. I work with selected children at an elementary level. Mostly in the past I have worked exclusively with kindergarten. I work one on one with selected students that cant keep up with the rest of the kids in a general class setting. Its good to have these children in a mainstream level to assure them the education they will require for a normal life. It also teaches the rest of the kids that everyone is not the same. But I also assist in the proper first step of diagnosing any physical or mental disabilities. I also have a great time playing and teaching. So pretty much, my job can be alot of fun. Some people will call me crazy because its like herding cats. Its a crazy and high paced job but I wouldnt change it for the world. Oh and I dont get paid alot to do it either. So yeah, call me crazy.

2. I have a silly sarcastic sense of humor. Life is too boring if you dont have one. I deal with daily stress and then set myself apart from it by being able to laugh at myself. If I can put a smile on someone elses face then I have done my job for the day. I am also very animated.

3. I have a heart that is way to big for myself. Sometimes it can be a good thing and sometimes it can be a bad thing. I give too much and take too little. I need to fix that. There are those out there that will take advantage of me and have. I do admit that I suffer pain on the inside but I never show it. I need to fix that too. But Im also the type that will allow people in but when they hurt me, I can be brutal. Just ask my family. I can hold a grudge if need be.

4. I love to cook. Well most people do but I think I take it to an extreme sometimes. I will take recipes and alter them to be my own. I add things that sometimes people wouldnt think to do. I also love weird foods that I wont name here because some people may get grossed out. Like mashed potatoes with cottage cheese. So we will leave it at that. I love italian food and especially meatballs.

5. I have weird allergies. I am allergic to tree pollen. But unlike most people, I put myself into the middle of my suffering all the time. Yeah I can be stupid like that. I love the mountains and the forests. So if I forget to take something ahead of time, Im screwed. I do that alot. But I cant take benedryl because my luck, I would be passed out in the woods somewhere sleeping with the animals picking at my hair. Im also allergic to chocolate. But Im addicted to it. So I have to limit myself. Its a very difficult thing to do. The most I can have is maybe a half a candy bar. Anything more and I get the hives. Scary stuff there. Im also allergic to touching garlic. I can eat it but just cant touch it. Hmmm makes me wonder what it does inside.

6. I have an addiction to crafts. I have a need to take myself away from real life by making things. I make jewelry to clear my head. Its good therapy but can also be frustrating when you cant see the damn little beads. So the other day I was out looking for reading glasses to help me. I didnt buy any but I did get dizzy. I love to paint but all Im good at is making stained glass stuff. I cant paint a picture to save my life. And if it involves a face, then you wont recognize it. I can sketch and use crayons really well. Goes good with my job huh?

7. My life is anything but simple. If I didnt have my daughter and my friends, I would have gone insane long before this. I love my family but sometimes they drive me crazy. Its dysfunctional with a capital D. I love my neices and nephew to pieces. But I havent seen most of them or most of my siblings in a long time. Too long. I tend to stay out of the main picture because I dont want to be accused of anything. Those that know me understand what this means. It seems that no matter what I do, I will be nailed for doing something wrong. Even if I didnt do it. But once again, my big heart will get in the way. I try my best but sometimes it isnt good enough.

8. Im afraid of the dark. And yes Im afraid of what is in it. So I sleep with a night light. I will panic in total darkness. And even though I love storms, I fear them because of the chance of a power outage. A few times during a storm, the power went out and I sat there and cried til it came back on again. I dont dare move. I also have a very real fear of suffication. So please dont come up behind me and put your hands over my eyes and say Guess Who? I will either jerk away or I will elbow you. Also dont put your hand over my mouth. That wont be fun for you either. I dont like things up in my face unless I allow it to. If I cant breathe then we have a problem. So lately, I have been having panic attacks because of my allergies and I have trouble breathing. I dont know why and my doctor cant explain it either. So I just deal with it.

There you go. Eight random things about me. Im sure I can come up with more but then that would be telling way too much. I try to hide in the shadows and not many people really know me all that well. Most dont even know what I look like. I hate being in the spotlight. But I love my friends dearly.

3 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Good list!

I know it is irrational and stupid, but I am also just a little bit afraid of the dark. I don't mind the house being dark, but if I walk around my yard after dark without turing a light on, I tend to get spooked by all the critter noises.

7:48 AM  
Blogger wa11z said...

Can't touch garlic, eh? I KNEW IT! You're a vampire!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Ya got me. Damn and I tried to hide it so well.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home