Saturday, May 12, 2007

My sinuses hate me...

My sinuses hate me....

Yes it is true. They hate me. Not that I really like them either. What do we have them for anyways? All they do is fill up and make my face hurt. Oh and the create alot of nose gobblins. Yuk. Well today was a little worse than most. Also it didnt help that I had nothing to take for it either. Trust me, cold medicine is not working for allergies. I have tree pollen allergies. Yeah can you imagine what that is like in the spring? And what do you think I did today? I spent the day in the mountains at the camp. Which, by the way, is also in the woods. Surrounded by trees.

I love my camp. Its nestled in the Catskill Mountains. A very beautiful place to be in. The scenery is beautiful. Its quiet there and no big cities near by. All little small country towns. I grew up in one of them not far from there. Well its more closer to the Helderberg Mountains but still in the same area. One range connects to the other. In some places you can see the Helderbergs and rising above them are the Catskills.

My daughter and I took the drive to the camp to see my mom. Tomorrow is Mothers Day and I wanted to be able to spend a nice quiet day with her. So here we are cruising on the back roads, me listening to the rock stations on the radio and her in the back seat with her CD player and headphones on listening to Hilary Duff. Once in a while she will say something about the scenery but usually shes singing at the top of her lungs. Its funny because I think she thinks that I cant hear her. Oh and she needs singing lessons. I put that on the list of things for her to do. Once we get closer to the camp she takes them off and then talks about what she wants to do while there. Its the same thing every time but it keeps her occupied.

She has a liking for stopping at a ranch on the way there. They have this huge wooden statue out front of carved bears. Thats her landmark that we are getting close. My way of knowing is that my eyes are tearing up and my nose is completely plugged. It all evens out. But we have to stop so she can see the bears. Or so she says. But she always runs up to the fence to pet the horses at the ranch. Its her wish to have a horse. I had mine when I was her age but we live in the city and I cant afford a horse right now.

We get into the camp and drive down to the site. Park the truck and I nearly die. The place is covered in all the little white things that are flying about. Wonderful. Its like its snowing. There is so much of this stuff. Happens every year and you would think that I would have remembered that. But no I didnt. So Im already sneezing. At least I already passed the part where everything gets covered in that lime green stuff. I cant tolerate that. At least I hope that part has passed. If not then Im in serious trouble. I will have to remember to bring some Alavert or something. But you know I will forget.

Every year I bring my mom a pretty hanging basket of flowers for Mothers Day. Its something she looks forward to because we always have pretty flowers all around the campsite. In flower beds and in pots. But I always bring the baskets. In a way its for me too because I spend all summer there. It goes well with all the feeders hanging around. We have tons of birds and chipmunks all over. I really enjoy the hummingbirds. The only part I dont like is that they are so used to hanging out there that they come relaly close to you and it you arent paying attention they buzz like bees in your ears. Or you get the occasional whack on your head. But they are so tiny and such gentle creatures. Very beautiful. But Mouse wasnt pleased with one of the birds today. It decided to mark its territory on his hat on top of his golfcart. Yep and nice big splotch of white dripping down the blue paint. But the hat is blue and white so I dont know what the big complaint was. It matched at least. Wait til the birds start to eat black berries and they crap purple everywhere. Yeah thats a pretty sight.

So my mom, Cami and I took a ride in her cart to the office. Her cart is white so the poop blends in. No Im not fixated on bird poop. Just so happens that they park the carts under the feeders. Their fault, not mine. Anywho, at the office, Cami always picks out a new toy to play with. You would think that she has enough already but to her its a sort of treat for being good. Plus it keeps her busy and not inside with the tv on. Or pestering someone for that matter.

Last year, we had a problem with some squirrels chasing off everything that came around and they also broke some of the feeders. Mouse doesnt like the squirrels hanging around. He makes it a purpose every year to make the feeders inaccessable to them. They find a way though. Well in the office store, Cami found a stuffed squirrel to give to Mouse. I noticed that it had two parts. The body and the tail are seperated. You do know what this means. Yep, you pull the tail and it viberates. No this is not a toy for me. Get those thoughts out of your head. But we got it for Mouse. Oh and they even had a viberating beaver. My mom didnt get that joke til I had to explain it to her.

But while mom was talking to someone in there, I had to pee. There is a bathhouse next door to the office so off I went. I step in and head for the middle stall. I dont like the first one because you can see it from the outside. Not that it matters because it does have a door. Its just the thought. Well I had to go really bad. I noticed inside the bowl that there was a small moth on the side near the water. You know that moths dont fly during the day so I didnt think anything of it. Well he is about to get a surprise. So I did my thing and stood up. Moth gone.

I looked around thinking he did fly away. Didnt see it. I lifted the lid thinking he may have gone up under it. Nope not there either. Now where did it go? I flushed and maybe it would wash down that way. Nope, nothing. Oh well. I hear my mom calling to me so I pulled up my pants and started to button them. At this time, I discovered where he went. Yep. I think my mom heard me scream because she was suddenly in the doorway laughing. Apparently when I jumped, I pushed the door open and was halfway out in the main area of the bathroom. My pants were half way down trying to shoo a moth off the back of my leg. I know they wont hurt me but when you have something crawling on you, it tends to freak you out a little.

Ok, my embarrassing moment is over. Nothing more to see. You can all go home now. Im sure all the small woodland creatures wont come near me now. We get back to the camp and relax by the fire after dinner. My head is just about to explode. I dont care though because this is what I come there for. No not my exploding head. To sit by the fire and relax. We have a cute little alligator feeder that sits on the side of the fire pit. Dont worry, the pit is quite large and wide. The feeders arent affected by it. Well we also have a few very friendly squirrels that come to hang out and fill their cheeks up. Very cute little guys. So Mouse is sitting there next to the feeder and the chipmunks just come right up and eat. So he decides to move it and yep, they found it. But mom moved it back to where it was. And they found it again. So he puts his hand on it and they dont even bother to care. They just keep stuffing their cheeks. How do they run with their heads so full of seeds? Its too funny. Im waiting for one to take a biff and nose dive the ground.

So that way pretty much my day today. My head is killing me but at least I can now go to sleep in my snuggly bed. Me and my medicine will get along quite well tonight. And I will do this all again next weekend when its punky fly season. But at least the pollen will be gone by then. I will just have to deal with being all sticky with Off Deep Woods. Oh and Im also allergic to the smell of citronella. Joyous times there. Mom keeps the torches lit at night and the little tea lights everywhere. And yes I will forget my Alavert again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home