Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Eat A Rabbit Day!!

Happy Eat a Rabbit Day!!

Yep, its that time of the year again. The time where we all dress up and go to church and wear our best clothing and then go home and smear chocolate all over it. Moms are so proud. Im sorry that I never had that opportunity. But to each their own.

Now I know all the religious traditions of Easter and I have taught them to my daughter. But the fun part is the Easter Bunny. Last year the bastard molested me but thats another story. This year it was more calmer. I didnt go anywhere near it. Cami however went to see the bunny 4 times. Each time telling it what she wanted.

The item in question just so happens to be one of the pre-made baskets at the local dept store. THE CAT to be exact. And its one in particular. The grey and white kitty. Well funny thing that is. I went shopping last week with my cousin and I saw THE CAT and THE DOG baskets and just happened to have picked that one for her already. She knows nothing about it though.

Well today we went out with my father and she was looking for things to get for Easter from him. She found what was left of the baskets and was really upset that the grey and white kitty one was gone. So she picked out the one with the all white kitty. But it still bummed her out.

We also picked up a new outfit for her school pictures that are coming up after we get back from Spring Break. She was happy. She also found a new bedding set that she wanted with Hannah Montana on it but totally forgot to ask Grandpa for it. Whew. Not that she needed it.

We left the mall content and enjoyed a nice walk. She did see the bunny one more time before we left and made sure to tall him that she got the white kitty but still wants the grey and white one. Sheesh. Does this kid ever give up?

Thursday night she went with her Grandma to stay for two nights. We had Friday off from school so I said ok. She got through one night and about 8:30 last night she called and wanted to come home. Her exact words were, Mommy I love you and I want to come home. Well how can I deny her. She was crying. When she got home, her eyes were watery and her face was red and flushed. Her nose all stuffed up. You guessed it, shes got a cold. So I gave her some medicine and put her to bed. She went right to sleep. Poor baby.

So now that brings us back to today. She wanted to color eggs. I made a deal with her that she needed to clean her room. Easter Bunny doesnt want to see a messy room. Shit.... I totally forgot the get her a stuffed bunny to put in bed with her for when she wakes up. See what happenes when you lose track of whats going on. Oh well. Hopefully she will forget that is what the bunny does to let her know he was watching her. Yeah, stupid traditions huh?

So she cleaned her room and its spotless. Never thought I would ever see that happen. I think she let the dog in to clean the floor. I know there was some crumbs from her cereal in there. You cant fool me on that one. And Im sure Mindy wont tell me the truth anyways. Shes not stupid to get caught. Thats a special treat for her. Dogs are smart that way. Follow kids around and you get to share everything.

So she can color eggs now. So I get the water on. Every five minutes I hear, is it boiling yet? No. Shes standing there with the eggs out on the table. Is it boiling yet? No. I see little bubbles at the bottom. Is it ready yet? No. This goes on til the water is actually at a full rolling boil. Is it ready now? Yeah shes impatient. Yes its ready. OMG I thought she was going to knock the table over.

So in the eggs went. She wanted to know why I put them in with tongs. Thats to make sure they go in gently and not crack when hitting the hot water. She thought this was smart. Well it is. LOL Poor kid has alot to learn. Cooking eggs that she wont eat. So shes watching them. And watching them. Five minutes go by. Are they done yet? No. So I set the timer and left the room. We went into the dining room to get the color cups ready. I need to occupy her mind with something. Stupid me didnt think that I needed to make time for the eggs to cool. So now the color cups are all ready and shes impatient as hell.

After the eggs are done and I put them in the cooler water, she wants to know how long this is going to take. This is getting annoying now. I wish I had half of her energy.

Finally a little while later, the eggs are cooled enough to color. Shes literally bouncing at the table to get this show on the road. So we put one egg in each of the eight cups. I dont know the color it will be because the stupid color tablets are weird that way. Its yellow but the color comes out green. Go figure. So she was all up in arms about me putting the wrong tablets in the wrong cups. Hey kid, make a game out of it and guess what color the egg will be. If you guess right then you can take the egg out.

Well we both agreed that the pink eggs just werent coloring right. So I took it out of the pink and dunked it in the blue. Seriously, what a cool egg that one came out to be. The pink still showed where it was darker but the lighter part turned lavendar. She liked that part. So we did it with other eggs too. Ok so we have some really cool looking eggs.

Now in the morning, I will take the eggs and make deviled eggs out of them to eat before dinner. She wont eat these. She wont eat eggs period. But shes complaining that Im going to ruin her eggs now. Geez. Im not going to waste them. And shes not going to sneak them out of the fridge to hide in her room. Chances are, she will though. She did that last year. She hid the eggs while I was asleep. But forgot where she hid them. We found a couple of them later. Im sure you can guess how.

Now shes asleep. I have to get these baskets and stuff ready for her. I put out the one that she got from grandpa and next to it is the one that I got for her last week. I took the rest of the bags back to my room to set up a small candy and toy basket. I would like to point out something tough. I hate easter grass. I really really hate this stuff. Its now in my hair and all over my clothes. Damn static cling. Its on the desk. Its on the bed. The cat is playing with it and is trying to eat it. Who the hell invented this stuff. And its pink too. Pink grass. Ok ok. So I picked out the pink. But still.

So I clumped it in the bottom of her basket. Its a pretty wire egg shaped basket with pretty flowers and butterflies on it. She picked it out last year. She didnt want me to use the other one she has. I made that one before she was born. Really pretty lacey one. Wooden square basket with ribbons and lace all over it. She said shes a big girl now and doesnt want lace. Oh ok. My mistake. LOL

So I put in some candy for her. The cute little foil wrapped bunnies and some Cadbury Cream eggs. Yes she loves these things. She steals them from the freezer. I have a stash of them in the freezer out on the back porch that she doesnt know about. If she knew, they would be gone too. So I got her the little ones that she can have all to herself. Of course I got some for myself as well.

Oh and good thing I can type without looking at the keys because my cat just decided to lay on my keyboard. Nothing that a can of compressed air cant fix. Bye bye kitty.

I also got her a My Little Pony with a bunny outfit. Even comes in its own egg. You know, Im really hating eggs right now. Anywho, I also got her a cheap version of the virtual pets. I know what they are. I just cant spell it. Toma-something-or-other. Yeah, she has one of those now. I know its a bad thing to get because they are so damn addicting. I had one of the originals and I carried it with me everywhere. I couldnt bear to let the thing starve or not be able to poop. Shoot me now.

Basket is ready and placed out on the table. She also got some fleece blankets in a pink leopard print. Shes into the girly stuff now and that will be nicer in her room rather than the SpongeBob or the Blues Clues ones that she has. Not like she actually sleeps with them. She likes to cuddle them when she watches tv or reads.

I have some more candy left that I will fill the candy dish with. Including some strawberry milk balls. You know, Whoppers. But these are strawberry. mmmmm I dread tomorrow morning when she gets up and eats the chocolate before she decides to come jump on my bed and fly off my ceiling fan from a sugar high. Wish me luck.

Oh but she also got me something. These really pretty carnations done in bright Easter colors. Two dozen of them and they really are pretty.

Oh, did I mention I hate eggs now?

2 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Sounds more like Christmas than Easter! Just remember to turn off the ceiling fan before she bounces into your room and into your bed from the sugar high...

8:41 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Happy Easter!!

Our weather feels more like Christmas than Easter here. I'm sure it is worse for you, bc.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home