Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend......

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend

Its time to pay tribute to all those that have fought so hard and lost their lives to make sure that the rest of us can sleep in peace.

My weekend started out pretty decent. Even after all that stress from the week before. It feels good to finally be able to relax for a few days. We got the extra day off because of an unused snow day. Yes we, in the upper part of the country, have snow days. There are times when its just so bad that we cant get through. Or in general reference to school buses. So when the kids get the day off, so do I. One of the perks of my job. But I dont get paid for them. Sucks I know.

Well we got the extra day off because we didnt use one of those said days. We could have but the school board really wanted this and we do look forward to a four day weekend. Friday was a sort of lazy day. Cami and I went to the mall with grandpa to just hang out. Got a few articles of clothing for the summer and had lunch. That was pretty much about it for that day.

Saturday we went to camp to see mom and Mousie. They were having a sale on their deck. No, the deck itself was not for sale. See, this is an addiction to them. Between flea markets and auctions, they just cant stay away or out of the middle of it. Yeah, its a great way to make extra money, especially when they are retired. So there they are set up with everything covering the deck. And being a holiday weekend there will be alot of people there. They did a great job.

Now comes the fun part. After everything is picked up and covered, Mousie decided to bring out a toy to play with. A remote control helicopter. After watching him try to get this thing off the ground, its a wonder that he can even drive a car. The thing took more nose dives and tree hits. Once it was up in the tree and he figured that to get it down, hit one of the buttons and it will release itself. Its sure did and right into a large rock. This cracked the front of it but he didnt care. It was alot of fun to play with. But hes smart. He has another one in a box up on the deck so that he can wreck this one learning how to use it and then show off with the new one.

Sunday was a decent day. I got to sleep late. Then I took a shower. Yeah I do that every day. So what was so exciting about today? I will tell you. After my shower, I brushed my teeth and then brushed out my hair. I plugged the blow dryer in and nothing happened when I turned it on. So I hit the reset on the plug and tried it again. It worked this time but it started to glow a pretty shade of red. This is not good. So I decided to turn it off. Too bad that it was still glowing red. I waited til it cooled down and tried it again. I plugged it back in and turned it on. It came on but it was blowing in slow motion. Yes this is possible. No dont argue with me about it. Im watching it do it. And it was sounding like it was drunk. A very slurred and multitoned blowing sound. No Im not an expert on this. Just go with it, will ya.

So this time, while it wasnt glowing red, it was making funny sounds. Will you get your mind off the blowing? Then suddenly it spit a spark out at me. Yeah thats what I get from looking straight down the barrell huh? I decided then and there that it was all over for my trusty blow dryer. But my hair is still wet. This sucks. So I hung my head upside down and shook all the water out of it. Ran my fingers through it and roughed it up til it dried. It didnt come out too bad considering thats what I would have normally done with the blow dryer. Just took forever and my face was pretty red.

So off to the local Wally World I went. Its always so difficult for me to pick out a blow dryer. A few times I have had to exchange it because it wasnt something that I liked. Yeah it will sound perverted but I have to have one that is comfortable in my hand. It cant be too heavy above the handle because then it is very awkward to control. And the handle cant be too thick because I have small hands. And the air intake has to be on the end and not on the side. If its on the side, my hair always gets sucked in and tangled up in the motor. Please dont ask how this could happen. It just does.

I settled on a lavendar and silver Remington. It didnt cost a whole lot but it was really cool to look at. Now I just dont take that into account. I will have to test it when I get home. But the choice was a tough one. Most of them have this thing called ions. What the hell is that and what does it have to do with a blow dryer? Something about making sure the hair doesnt over dry and break I guess. Doesnt bother me one whit. I just want it to dry my hair so I can leave the house looking somewhat presentable. Not that it actually happens most mornings, but at least I try. Considering that I am at work at 830 but I dont wake up til at least 10.

So I buy this thing and a few new shirts that I can wear to work. I get it home and of course I have to try it out. I take it all out of the box and plug it in. It works!! No sparks and its blowing great!! Oh shut up about that will ya? He he he. One thing that I dont like about it is that the handle doesnt come straight down off the tube. Its at a slight angle so I will have to adjust my aim. Its this one but it says Remington Blowout on the side and its a light purple color. http://remington.factoryoutletstore.com/flyer/5427/324d721fac1facaa4972b340ea689a93/Remington_DC-1880.html

Now we come to Monday. Yeah enough of the blow talk because even I was thinking it was perverted. And when that happens, I usually get into trouble. So here I am, waking up late again. I love weekends. But Im hungry and there isnt any cheese in the house. Yeah I want something with cheese. And after my shower, I also discover that we are low on toilet paper. Sorry but I cant go through life without toilet paper. Its not like I can stand there and shake it a few times. So off to the grocery store I go. While I am there, it also comes to mind that I need cat litter. Im very picky about this because if I dont clean the box every day, the cat gets pissed at me. Plus I dont like to smell a litter box. Also the dog thinks its a snack machine. Yeah thats gross but nothing I can do about it but keep it constantly clean.

So I grab the cheeses that I want. I also grab some lunch meat for the week. While Im at it, I run to the soup aisle because thats what I want for lunch. So I skip down over to the pet aisle and grab the litter. No I wasnt really skipping. It could have been fun but I think they would have called the men in white to come get me. While in the pet aisle, I grabbed a box of snacks for Mindy and some little mice for Sara. Then I headed for the litter. Now I usually get the Tidy Cat in the orange label plastic jug. They didnt have any of the regular size and I didnt like the other ones they had. Then I see a sale sign for the Arm & Hammer one. Three times the size for less money than the one I normally get. What a bargin. I grab one of the last three boxes. Yeah this one is in a box with a little plastic tab handle on the top. How convienent when that little tab breaks while you are in the checkout line. But that didnt happen to me so dont worry about it.

I start to put all my stuff up on the belt thingy and then remembered that I dont have the toilet paper. Damnit. Now I put everything back in the cart and run off in search of that. So I come all the way back and I have to stand in line again. Have you ever stood there and watched what other people buy? The combination of things can be amusing. Then I thought of myself. Cheese, bologna (and yes I sang the song to spell it), dog treats, furry fake mice, box of soup mix, and cat litter. No Im not trying to kill anyone or anything. And no my cat doesnt eat cheese. Oh wait. I forgot the toilet paper again. Add that to the list. Yeah that could be for after the cat uses the litter. You people are weird.

So anywho, I get all cashed out and head to my car. Im parked right next to one of those cart return bins. There is this little chinese guy there collecting the carts. Im not busting on chinese people with this. He just happened to be chinese. But he wasnt a big man. So Im unloading my goodies into the trunk of my car and he comes over to help me with the huge box of litter. I will admit that it is heavy. I didnt ask him to help me. He did that on his own. So who am I to argue? So he reaches into the cart and grabs that little handle. And he tugs. And he tugs again. I think the box weighed more than he did. So he gave up and I grabbed it and put it in the trunk. He said to me "thats why I dont like cats. The litter weighs more than they do". I nearly busted out laughing. Dude... The wind weighs more than you do.

And who said chivalry is dead.

2 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Yes, that one paragraph sounds very perverted. ;)

5:03 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Yeah and that even scares me when I do it myself. LOL

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home