Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ibuprofen and I are great friends....

Ibuprofen and I are great friends....

For the past week, I have had migraines that would knock the socks off a horse. Thats if a horse were wearing my socks. Be interesting to see it happen though. Wednesday was the day of all hell days. Not only have I had the headache for a couple of days but it was also school picture day. Nothing more stressing than that. Believe me. There is nothing like trying to keep all these kids clean through lunch and recess. Spilled chocolate milk on a pretty white dress does wonders, huh?

The morning started out crazy. My daughter has very long hair. Its that perfect hair like you see in the Pantene commercials. You know, the kind you want to cut off and glue to your own head. Sick, I know, but I want that hair they have in the commercials. I really need to stop watching so much tv. Oh and my daughter uses Pert Plus for kids.

Anywho, I decided that I want to curl her hair for her pictures. I was debating on a shower for her the night before and put her hair in pin twists to dry overnight. Well that didnt happen because I was passed out after work on Tuesday and didnt even think of waking up til after 10 that night and she was already asleep.

So a shower in the morning was what she had to have. I dried her hair with the blow dryer and set a curling iron to it. It wouldnt curl. Im serious. It wouldnt curl. Her hair is so thick and straight that a hot iron couldnt curl it. I got the bangs looking really good and I was able to curl the ends a little and just hoped it would stay that way til 1:30 when it was her class's time for their pictures. My class was scheduled for 1pm just before hers. Works out well dont ya think?

Now Im a smart mom. I didnt put her shirt on that she would wear in the picture. I made her wear something else until the time comes. Come on, I know when her lunch time is and shes not a neat eater sometimes. I would hate to have her ruin her pretty pink and white polka dot shirt. It really is a pretty shirt. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth before we left. HA!! How smart am I? She got toothpaste on her shirt. So she had to change again.

We got to the school and wouldnt you know it that they had all the kids out on the playground. How stupid is that? All those outfits to be ruined by rolling in the dirt. White shoes? Not anymore. So Cami decided to play on the blacktop and stay out of trouble. Smart girl. But the wind was blowing and her hair was a mess by the time the bell rang. Good thing I have a brush with me.

The day was crazy. My headache was worse. And then about 11am, just before lunch started, the principal came over the loud speaker with an announcement that all kids are staying in for recess. I thought she was just making a decision not to get the kids ruined before pictures but little did I know that we were in lockdown. I found that out after school. I hate when she does that to us.

When I mean lockdown, I mean that there was a shooting nearby and we have to keep the kids inside. All the doors are locked anyway. Yet another thing to aggrivate my head.

Lunch came and went without any problems. It was now time for pictures. I gathered my nest and went to the family center where they had the props and camera set up. One by one they all did a great job. Now I got my kids back to class and had to run out to get my daughter ready for hers. I was coming down the hall to do so and I see her having a fit in front of the library where her class is waiting to get theirs done. Mom, why werent you here? Well lets see....

So I got her changed and her hair all brushed out. Looks fairly good. Got her changed back into her other clothes and ran back to my class. Whew. Im out of breath. I had to do this quick so that I could get my class to gym. While they were in gym, I was called to the family center to get my picture taken. Good Gawd I dont want to do this but my boss said so. HA!! Im exhausted with a migraine and bad hair. What more fun could this be?

I got home that night and I was out cold again. Me and my ibuprofen are getting along great. I will let you know how well my kidneys do later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home