Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy Day

My mommy day was pretty much non existant. I was so sick from the day before that I spent it in bed. Well Im supposed to be lazy right? But not unconscious the whole time. I have no idea what I missed. I woke up about 7am to bouncing on my bed. I got a couple of hand made cards and lots of hugs and cuddles. I think thats really the last conscious thought I had until about 3pm.

I woke up with a headache and decided to take a long hot shower. Trying to clear my head and sinuses. I think I have taken enough cold medicine to knock out a cow. But think of it this way, why am I taking cold medicine when its allergies that are bothering me? Well I'll tell ya. Because Im too freaking lazy and sick to drive to the damn store to get what I need. Ok that was a little harsh but in the mood I was in yesterday, that was tame.

I was miserable. Absolutely out of control. You would think I was PMSing but I wasnt. Funny thing about that, I dont PMS. Yes its true. I swear that I havent bitten anyones head off for that. Why you say? Because during that time, Im pretty much unconscious too. Good thing huh? At that time I only suffer from the medical phenomenom known as hormonal migraines. Knocks the hell out of me. Blinding and nauseating. Just lock me in a severly cold and dark room and let me sleep it off. Or give me two Imitrex and I will be fine.

But anyways, as I was saying before I rudely interupted myself, I was suffering from a sinus migraine this time. My face was about to explode. It wouldnt have been pretty. But it probably would have released all that nasty goo that was clogging up my airways. What a relief that would have been. But then again, I wouldnt have a nose left to blow it all out of. Or eyeballs for that matter. You know, to look for tissues.

So I take this really hot shower. It helps a little. I wandered around the house for a little while before realizing that I cant even spell my own name. Between taking cold meds and flu meds, Im pretty darn loopy. It was one of those "look at the pretty colors" moments. Yep, Im going back to bed. So I crawled back to my snuggly nest of pillows and zonked out again. I woke up again about 9:30pm. My day was spent. My brain still hurt. I decided to just take some ibeuprofen. 1600mgs of it to be exact. I get my supply from my father who gets them from the VA. They come in 400mg tablets but that doesnt work for me. So yea, I took 4 of them. Knocked out the headache for a while.

I chatted with some friends for a while and then stayed up to talk to LW. Hung out with him til about 1:30am and then took the night time flu meds. I was out cold. I mean out cold. Loopyland was completely bypassed this time. My alarm woke me up at about 5:30am and I hit the snooze button. It went off again at 5:38am and I hit the snooze button again. Seeing a pattern here? I finally dragged my sorry butt out of bed about 10 minutes to 7am. So yeah, I hit the snooze button every eight minutes for all that time. And the alarm clock is at the foot of my bed. So I made the effort to sit up and crawl to the end of my bed. Squinty eyed and all, I managed to find the snooze button every time but still couldnt put my feet on the floor to get up. Now thats pretty darn lazy if you ask me. But you didnt ask. Ha... I told you so anyways. Wait, I shouldnt agree with it.

But now Im up. And so is Cami. Shes sitting there in the livingroom watching tv an eating my Go-tarts. Shame. And if you ask her, she will tell you that she doesnt like the strawberry ones. Bah!! So I get her in the shower and get her all cleaned up. All the while, she is complaining that its cold. Well grab the towel and go dry off and get dressed. Nope. I finished my shower and found her sitting in her room air drying. Well thats what she called it. Shes wrapped up in a huge bath towel all shivering. Sheesh. Im still groggy and not wanting to have to dress her too. But being the good mom that I am, I dressed her and did her hair. In the mean time, the poor dog is driving me crazy. So on goes the robe over the towel and slipped my soggy feet into a pair of slippers. Down the back stairs I go and out into the chilly morning air. No wonder Im sick. Im sure my neighbors must have thought I was the prettiest thing on the block. Not. But the dog had to pee and who was I to deny that. Plus I wasnt in the mood to clean up the floor.

So now life takes on a whole new meaning. Its a Monday morning at school. All the joys of screaming kids while having a migraine. I made it through the day though. My head was beyond pounding when I left but I kept my cool all day. My teacher that I work with couldnt figure out how I did it without choking anyone. She said it with a laugh though. But I promised Cami that I would get her a surprise because I wasnt able to fully remain conscious for her on Sunday. We went to the store so that I could get some real medicine. Allergy meds to be exact. The kind that you suck on to disolve in your mouth. I dont think I could have swallowed anything because my stomach was churning all day. I hadnt eaten anything but some buttered noodles at about 4pm on Sunday. Im starving but dont dare eat anything.

I asked her what she wanted for a treat. She decided on something so high powered in sugar that I nearly fainted thinking about the reaction later. No way was I scraping her off the ceiling. So she nailed a bag of cheetos instead. And to think that I offered her a toy too but she wanted those more. Oh well. I wasnt complaining about that either. I wasnt really in the mood to have to sit there for an hour pulling wires and cutting tape tabs to get the damn thing out of the package. I probably would have ended up burning it instead.

So I took my allergy med and a couple of those other things that Im sure you are yelling at me for taking so much of. Then sat down at my desk and chatted with a couple of friends for a while. My headache is gone and I actually ate a nice steak for dinner. I feel so much better. But there is something stuck in my head. Im singing the jingle for Bumble Bee Tuna. Please dont ask me why. Its stuck there and driving me absolutely crazy. So then Im told to get that one out of my head, I need to sing the Oscar Mayer song.

And like Jade told me, its sad that neither of us can spell bologna without singing it first.

5 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't well on mother's day. I made lunch for my mom and fixed her computer.

9:11 PM  
Blogger wa11z said...

I don't PMS either! Oscar Mayer...isn't he dating Jessica Simpson?

1:19 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Even if I was unconscious on that day, isnt that what we are supposed to do? Let mom have her day the way she wants it?

Usually I would set up my moms flower gardens and things like that but her boyfriend does that for her now. I just add to it.

Who isnt dating Jessica Simpson? LLOLOLOL

5:30 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

Sorry to hear about your sinuses. I don't get migraines and I don't have alleriges -- at least none that I'm aware of -- but every so often my sinuses seize up and I feel like half my head is going to fall off. Or I wish it would.

Your mother's day is whatever you want it to be. I Now that I think about it, I woke up with a headache too! One of those ones I just described. My son wanted to take me to IHOP but it was (duh!) mobbed. So we drove around and ended up at Applebee's. No waiting for a table there -- they had just opened.

My headache was making me really queasy so I didn't want my food when it showed up. Then I realized what I reallly wanted was coffee and dessert. So we had coffee and massive brownies and I took three aspirins and then I was fine! We went to Best Buy and looked at flat screen TVs, then we went to Borders and browsed, and then we went and played mini golf. It actually turned out to be a very nice day.

8:16 PM  
Blogger BC said...

What a great day you had!!!

I would have loved to have gone out but I think sleep was something my body was screaming for. But I made it up to her and took her out for icecream.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home