Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rewind...

Rewind....

Im bored so I think I will make a post of the week in review. I dont remember too much of it. Blame it on severe lack of sleep.

Monday I woke up thinking that I have a dog again. Well I dont have to tink it, I live it. Yes I do have a dog again and I have to dog proof my apartment. I miss those days. So at 6:15 am, yeah a whole hour earlier, I woke up and started my day. Im groggy as hell. Ive lost an hour of sleep.

Out in the cold I go to walk the baby because she needs to pee. I forgot all about doing that. Its been so many years. Holly would simply go out back and come back in on her own. This one I cant do that with yet because my landlord hasnt fixed the fence in four years. Yeah he promised to replace the whole one side but hasnt done it yet. Well he needs to now because this is getting to be a major pain in the ass.

I was up all night in a panic about this day. Im not sure of how she will be when left alone. This is the first day for me to do this. I have to go to work. Bah!! Well after all is said and done, I get to work and Im still in a panic. I told my boss that at my lunch time, I need to go home to let the pooch out. She said fine and she is also excited about the new dog. She even suggested to bring her in for a visit. Are you kidding me?

I rushed home to see what damage was done. I was expecting to be missing some items and at least one curtain down but it was quiet. Too quiet. When I came home to Holly, you could hear her whining that she was so happy to see me. But this time I heard silence. Ok, who ate my dog?

I walked in the door and up the stairs. Opened the apartment door and still silence. I looked into my livingroom and there was Mindy all tucked in on the couch watching Blues Clues. I shit you none. Shes laying there without a care in the world watching kids cartoons. Yep, we now know who will be taking over this house.

She went out and peed and came back in. Jumped up on the couch and pretty much told me to leave now. Shes busy. Ok. I left her a treat for being good and went back to work. Im no longer in a panic. Im frightened. This cant be real. Holly used to do the same thing. But at least she was happy to see me at the door.

Also I was in a panic because Im a worry wart. I was pacing about Jade. I love this girl and she has suffered for too long. She was havng surgery and I worry over the littlest things. I talked to her mom and he was doing great.

Tuesday came and I wasnt able to get home for lunch. Yep, busy day at school. But when I got home, the same thing happened. Any other time though, she is all over me. Mindy is free with the kisses and Im only too happy to give in to her. Shes a wonderful dog. I do have to break her of jumping up to be hugged. Not that it is a bad thing to me but to others, they might not like it.

On this note, Jade is home from the hospital and shocked me with how fast she is recovering. Lovieeeees you Jade.

Wed was a blur so I have nothing really have nothing to post about it. Ive been sleeping less and less and discovered that I have a cold again. Im up coughing all night. Oh, one thing did happen last night. At 2am I got up to go to the bathroom and my cat followed me. She got as far as the gate and Mindy went through it. Broke the whole bottom. Cheap wooden stretch gate that it was. Yeah, Im still keeping the two furry friends apart for now til Mindy can realize that shes going to get her ass kicked if she chases the cat. Not by me, but by the cat. So I had to keep my door closed all night and I really hate doing that. The place is so friggin hot at night because my neighbors downstairs control the thermostat. Im about to break the damn thing and make them eat it.

So here we are at today. What an interesting day this was. I woke up to total blindness. Well not total but I could see a little bit through the crusty crap that sealed my eyelids shut. My left eye is completely closed. Its swollen and sore as hell. My face hurt from my jaw to my forhead. But only on the left side. My right eye was sore but a cool cloth took care of that. Im thinking full blown sinus infection here.

So after my shower and allowing the water to clean out my eyeballs, I looked in the mirror and was scared shitless. My left eye is swollen on the lower lid near the tear duct. Wonderful. I iced it and the swelling didnt go down. I wear contacts so this pretty much sucks. I took the one out and cleaned my eye out with eye wash.

Off to school I go. Its a scheduled half day today and I really dont want to be there to begin with. Im not feeling all that great. But since I have been sick since Dec, Im getting used to this.

I totally forgot about the assembly for the second grade classes today. Damnit. I forgot my camera and the video camera. Cami's class did a lesson on the life cycle of butterflies and they raised their own. I was there for the releasing. I took pictures and it was a great time. The classes did a huge presentation about it and the kids all had a blast. The music teacher wrote a song especially for them to sing in the video when they were showing the releasing. I borrowed my teachers camera but half way through the show, one of my kids had to use the bathroom so I did miss a little.

I talked to the science director who set the presentation up and he said they I would be able to get a copy of the video. Whew. But its on the local PBS station here and I cant find the time slot. I will have to get that info from him tomorrow. Or at least email him. Its supposed to be aired on Sunday.

After the dismissal of the kids, I was ready to crash and burn. My eye was hurting and my face was sore as hell. I wanted to go home and pack my eyes. During dismissal though, one of my kids ran into Cami in the gym. Literally ran into her. The impact knocked her glasses off and the lens popped out. So a trip to Lens Crafters was in need. I rolled home about 3pm after hanging out at the mall with my father. I took a nap but it was short lived because it was so cold in my room.

I also got a call from Christy about her flight to Boston. This poor girl is so afraid to fly but its the only way for her to see Jose. She has the worst luck on planes. Her very first flight ever was delayed for about 6 hours. The rest were really messed up as well. Once they didnt have the connecting flight and when they found one, there was no pilot. This time the connecting flight was struck by lightning before boarding so they had to find another flight. Remind me not to fly with her.

Its now 9:30pm and Im tired but I want to stay up to chat with some friends. Im hoping that there wont be any school tomorrow because there is yet another blast about to hit us. The last one landed us about 3 feet of snow. We had two snow days in a row. Not too shabby there. The only thing that will suck about having a snow day tomorrow is that I wont get paid til Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home