Saturday, February 24, 2007

Meet Mindy....

Meet Mindy...

I would like to introduce you to Mindy. As you all know, Ive been missing Holly something bad. Its gotten to the point that I think about her all the time. Her birthday is coming up and I spent the greater part of the night upset over it.

But I have been looking for another dog that will be able to share my heart. Im not replacing Holly. That can never be done. There can never be a dog that can take her place in my heart. She was my very soul.

I think its time for another dog to come and share that love though.

Ive been checking out the web sites specifically for a pound puppy. I prefer to give a dog a home that doesnt have one. There was one shelter in particular that I was checking out and about five dogs there caught my attention. But the one that drew me to the shelter was a pretty little girl named Mindy. Shes a 4 year old German Shepherd/Doberman mix. Shes about 40lbs.

Her previous owner used her as a money machine. She was brought to the shelter because of reports against the owner. She had one puppy with her. The puppy was adopted last week.

I went to the shelter today and walked through the kennel. All the dogs were barking. I looked at the ones I marked off from the available list. You know, the ones that are ok with small kids and cats. I saw Mindy as she was my first choice. She didnt bark but sat there all pretty and calm. She was brought out into the main room and it was instant love at first kiss. I didnt have a chance in hell. Within the hour, the papers were signed and she was on her way home. Yes home. My home.

Ive already caught her on the couch with Cami watching cartoons. They have bonded as well. Cami already shared a hotdog with her. Kitty on the other hand isnt happy at all. But she will get used to it all. Mindy wants to play but kitty says back off. Things will all settle down. But Im sure it will be interesting in the mean time.


http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/Mindy.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/Mindyatshelter.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/Mindyatshelter1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/mindyathome2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/mindyathome1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/gammak/Mindyathome.jpg

4 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

She is a beautiful dog. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with her. She looks very bright. You should train her to do some tricks.

4:33 PM  
Blogger TheWriteGirl said...

That's great! I'm sure Mindy will be a wonderful addition to your family. I'm happy for you.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

that is one cute dog, congratulations, and she likes cartoons so that makes her even cooler.

I am with Wa11z train her to do something, but better than rolling over train her to make you a sandwhich. I think its possible.

10:30 PM  
Blogger BC said...

My luck is that she will eat it before it gets to me.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home