Monday, November 06, 2006

The Catnip Baggie...

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Catnip Baggie...
Current mood: amused

If only life was so easy as a baggie of catnip. As many of you know, my cat is usually very mellow. This is her normal state of existance. However, for the past few days, shes either been very clingy or shes been hyper as hell.

This morning has been very entertaining for me, and by the looks of it, her as well. She has this annoying habit of running her claws on the door jams of my room, the kitchen and the bathroom. The thing is, she does this from one to the next within mere seconds. Zoom and shes off. Shes been running through the house. If I had half of this kitty's energy, I would bottle it up and sell it on Ebay.

So, now whats a concerned mom to do? I check to see that shes ok and didnt knock anything around. Oh and just so you know, shes a talker. Shes having a conversation with me. I know what she wants. All I have to do is reach my hand toward the freezer door handle and shes nearly climbing up my leg.

I just happened to look down and she has her orange stuffed mouse. Smart kitty. She knows that I will take her mouse and put it in the baggie and shake it up. What a pleasure this is for her. Shes completely in freak out mode. Well I decide to give her an even more special treat. Yeah, Im that nice of a person. I got out into the dining room and gather up her toys and her scratching post.

Mind you that this scratching post has been in this house for over a year now and hardly used. Buddy was the only one that used it. So, being the nice person that I am, I take some of the catnip and rub it on the post. I put her catnip covered mouse on the top and then I sat back to enjoy the fun. Well let me tell you, she was in pure heaven. I dont think sex could be better. But then again, what do I know. I dont normally have sex while rolling in catnip.

I sat back and took some pictures of her antics and laughed at her too. She didnt like that part. Well, after a few minutes of this, she calms down and does her moaning routine. I really need to try some of this stuff. I started to write this post and I just so happened to look up from my keyboard and shes gone. The mouse is there right next to the scratching post though. But where is kitty?

I hear a rustling noise and I decided to investigate. Wouldnt you know it, shes on top of the table rolling around on some catnip that spilled out of the bag. I had a smaller baggie inside a bigger baggie. The smaller baggie was on the table and she was having a grand ole time with it.

I took the baggie and placed it on top of her scratching post and watched her get all googly eyed with it. Yes I took some more pictures. I swear that she will have a nice blackmail album that I will show to any of her potential dates.

I glanced over and shes now laying on the floor getting all mellowed out and just chillin'. This is really good stuff. Ok, I take that back. Now shes drinking and drinking and drinking and drinking. Why does this stuff sound so familure. Its like there is something at the back of my mind and I just cant put my finger on it. Ok so I know what it is but Im still not going to admitt to anything.

So now kitty is all relaxed and hope that she will now take a nap.

Nope. Shes now sitting there licking herself with her leg straight up over her head. Why? Because she can.

3 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

Human catnip is good, too.

5:02 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Ahhh, catnip!

My kitten was climbing up door jams until I started putting double-sticky tape on them. Left it up for a few weeks until she kicked the habit. If you do this, decrease the tackiness of the side you will adhere to the door or it will pull some of the paint off when you remove it. The tape trick also works on furniture that you don't want clawed up.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She already has some of the paint ripped off. LOLOL

Its just funny to watch her run from door to door though.

Its like she has this sudden burst of energy.

Yes... human catnip is good. LOLOL

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home