Monday, August 28, 2006

Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

Where Everybody Knows Your Name....

I opened my eyes about 8:30 am. Oh Shit!!! I was supposed to be on the road half an hour ago and I havent even started to pack yet.

I jumped in the shower and after that I quickly packed. The car is all loaded and Im ready to leave. I kissed Cami and after about a million hugs, I headed to the car. The phone was ringing while I was about to get in but I couldnt find it. It was in my purse and by the time I got to it, it stopped ringing.

I got in and started the car. Thats when I remembered to check to see who called. Yep it was her. Who I mean. LOLOL I love doing that. Anywho, I called her back and she wanted to know where I was. I told her that I was in my driveway. She was excited by that and it didnt dawn on me why at the time. Later I found out why. LOL

So off I begin on my journey. I debated about stopping at Dunkin Donuts but thought that it may not be a good idea since I already was over an hour late hitting the pavement. And the line outside would have put me another hour behind.

Tunes that I will be playing to keep me going are some really good ones by Toby Keith. Just thought to throw this in here because this is what willbe keeping me alive and with company for the long haul ahead.

I hit the Thruway and I nearly paniced because when I hit the Mass Pike exit I was expecting a toll booth. But there wasnt one. Here I am driving with my $2.25 in my hand waiting for something to happen and nothing did. I know Im tired but damn I would have noticed if I went through a booth without paying. Little did I realize that it was actually 3 exits in one and I had to go about 40 miles til I hit the booth.

Speaking of which, there was a car on the side of the road just before the booths and two big burley guys waiting to cross. What are you stupid? But then I noticed that there was a car that was stuck right between the toll lanes. So I stop my car and allow the guys to cross without them getting squished. They approach the car and have the two boys get out so they can push the car over to the side of the road. Now mind you that this is really stupid because traffic is coming non stop. In my rearview mirror I see them backing this car up across 4 toll lanes and hoping that no one gets killed. I didnt stick around long enough to see the results.

Onward I trudge. So now I come up on the Mass Pike Toll Plaza. I make a point of that because of the last trip when Lance and I talked about why the toll booths and the rest stops were both called plazas and he kept passing the ones that had the bathrooms. Well obviously now that Im officially on the Pike, I have to pee. And wouldnt you know it, I went right past the first rest area. Damnit.

Onward I trudge. Im watching all the other cars go bonkers because it starts to misty rain. Seems every time I come through here, its doing that. And the clouds are hanging low in the mountains. You would think that the people that travel this road alot would be used to this by now. And yep I went past the second rest area.

A third rest area looms in the distance and I pull in. Only thing is, I cant get even remotely close to the place because of all the tour buses that say ABC on the sides. Im not bashing anyone so dont get offened by this but I have never seen so many chinese people in my life. I couldnt even think about dealing with a line to get inside let alone the line to the bathroom so I stay in my car and hit the McDonalds drive thru. I get an iced coffee and a egg and cheese biscuit to wake my sorry ass up.

The phone rings and its Whosie again asking where I am and I told her the approximate area. I asked again about the exit I need to be getting off at and no one knew. Just the route number. Ok so I assume its 14 then. Yeah this will be fun because Im so good at getting lost. LOL

Im told to call when I get to a certain spot so that they can have enough time to get to the meeting point in time. Not like that would be a big deal because I can always use the bathroom while I wait for them to get there. Seems that was a good idea. And yeah I still had to pee but there wasnt a rest area in sight. Even if there was I prolly would have passed it.

So now Im approaching the call area and what is that I see up ahead? A rest area. Whoohoo!!! After drinking all that iced coffee, I reallly and I do mean reallllllly have to pee bad. I mean so bad that my teeth hurt. Im stopping and I dont care who I have to push off a toilet. So I pull in and low and behold what else do I see? More ABC buses. What the hell is this? Ive heard of taking the slow boat to China but the chinese taking the ABC bus to Boston? And why so many of them? Im saying that between the last two rest stops there had to be at least 50 of these buses.

Anywho, who cares because Im making a run for it. It has nothing to do with egg fu yung either. So I make my way to a parking spot. Thankfully that I have a handicap tag on my car. Otherwise I would have pissed in my pants half way to the sidewalk trying to get pass the crowds. Into the bathroom and I find a stall. And yes there was toilet paper to be had. This is my lucky day. And for once the automatic flusher didnt suck my ass into the bowl this time.

So now Im back out in the parking lot and I get in my car. Whew. Im feeling much better now. I back out and pull into the main lane to leave and realized that I didnt call Whosie and Maz yet. Well that slipped my mind because I had more important matters to attend to.

I call them and I get told that they are on their way to the meeting spot. I tell them where I am and thats when I realized that I only have one more exit to go. Yeah I went almost the whole length of the pike with only peeing once. Thats a new record.

So I find the exit that I need and I pay the toll. Now Im told that they are there and sitting under a giant cup of iced coffee so that they will be easy to find. Trust me, his vehicle is easy enough for me to find. Just teasing Maz. ;o)

So I see the sign for the rest area and I go to pull in but wait....its an exit off the highway. Nope thats not it. There is an exit and then right next to it as a curb apart is the exit for the rest area. Yeah that would have been fun for me to miss that sucker and have to jump the curb to get there because if I didnt then my ass would be lost in Maine or something.

I pull in and I see the cup of coffee but they arent under it. I swing around and I see them at the end of the row in front of a sign that says COFFEE. Ok, close enough. Didnt really care as long as they were there. I get out and we get in some hugs because I really missed them alot. We gather thoughts and thats when I find out why she kept calling to see where I was and how much time I had left to get there. They wanted to take more tours around the room. HAHAHA Got you guys with that one huh? ;o)

So we make a game plan that Im to follow them to the hotel. Ok, sounds easy enough. I also make it a point to tell him not to do 90 this time. LOL Well he doesnt do 90 but he does do the speed limit when possible because traffic is really heavy. There were times that we were even stopped completely. All the while I have this hot ass Stang behind me revving the engine and I was liking that alot but thats something different and means nothing to this post. Just thought to throw it in there for my benefit.

Well we are cruising along and what do I see? A friggin semi coming flying up the breakdown lane. What? And they do this legally at certain times during the day? OMG this is crazy. And then this one chick comes out and nearly shoves me into the other lane and then loops around to cut Maz off going back across to where she came from to fly off an exit ramp. What the hell is this? I thought NY drivers were bad enough. This is down right wild. I cant wait to get the hell off this road.

So now we pull into town and head for the hotel. A Best Western. Not bad. Im lost but Im happy to see a place to get out of my car and actually walk. We get some of my things out of the trunk and head inside. And up the stairs we go. And down the hall we go. Occurred to me that my bag was heavy. We get into the room and I have just enough time to pee again before we head out. I asked where we are going and the answer I get was that we need to eat. Well Im sure we do considering we need energy. LOLOL Busting on you guys again.

We go back down and this time I climb into the back seat of the toaster. I sure as hell will not be driving on that highway again til I have to leave to go home and Im not looking forward to that. Anywho, we pull into this seafood place and Im suddenly hungry. He remembered that I mentioned that I wanted a lobster roll from out here so thats what I ordered. We sat down and had a good meal and chatted for a while.

Then we were off again but this time I had no clue as to where.

Stay tuned for part two......

I know, sucks to keep you on your toes. LOLOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home