Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Someone has the Sneezles...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Someone has the Sneezles

I took Sara to the vet today and shes still not too thrilled about it. At first she refused to go into the carrier. What a task that was. I put her little bed in there and a soft towel to cuddle but she was pushing back with all her weight. Shes not a light cat either.

I put her in the car in the front seat next to me because I knew she would be freaking out. Yep. As soon as the car door closed she was crying something bad. Breaks my heart.

I put my fingers in the little holes to soothe her and she was all snuggles. But she was just crying and crying. I put some music on and that actually helped. So now I know my kitty likes Toby Keith. She stopped crying and just settled in. I think shes used to listening to him from being in my room all the time.

So all the way to the vet she was sort of calm. Once there I had to take her out of the car and she wasnt too thrilled about that. Plus it being hot and humid wasnt a good thing either. I myself wouldnt have wated to be in that carrier either. I wish I could have had her on a leash and that way she would have been snuggled against my chest. I think she woul have been happier.

We get into the place and head to the back to the vet office. I fill out all her paperwork and she gets weighed in. 12.80 pounds of fur. She was really good about it and let them do what they had to do.

In the examining room she sat there in her carrier base just waiting to see what they do next. She got checked out pretty good. Her ears are fine. Her breathing and heart rate is fine. She really didnt appreciate getting violated with the thermometer though. But then again I myself wouldnt want it checked that way either.

Everything was fine. But while there she did sneeze a bit and she coughed once. Her eye was still runny so they cleaned that off for her. She was just so good for them. Here I thought she was going to go nuts and start tearing up the place. Shes a very calm and snuggly cat.

Once that was all done the vet herself came in and checked her over and recommened some medicine for her to take. Now Im a little concerned. I have given meds to dogs before. Oral meds Im talking about. Giving shots to an animal is easy for me but oral meds is a pain in the ass.

Im remembering all the fun I had with the dogs and thinking about the joy of giving a cat a pill. Time to strap on the socks on her paws and pray for the best. Nope. Not a bad thing at all. Actually it was easier to give her a pill than it was for the dogs. No effort what so ever. I must be dreaming.

She took the pill and the liquid no problem and then settled down on her little bed again. Then they hit me with the bill. I knew it was $40 to come in for the office fee. I was thinking that with the exam and the meds that I was going to have to take a small loan out and donate some blood to pay for it. Nope. Not too shabby. The total was $71.

Now I get her back in the carrier and head to the front of the store. I had adopted her back in October and I adopted another one a month ago. The adoption clinic was in full swing on a Saturday and I wanted to look at all the little baby kitties.

When I wanted to adopt a kitten for Cam earlier we were going to look for something blonde or blonde striped. They didnt have any thenbut they sure did today. They also had two adult cats that had close to the same markings that Sara has. I wish I could get one of those. They are beautiful.

When I was looking two of the volunteers came out and they saw the kitty I had and they recognized her right off. They called her Charlotte because that was her original name. Thats so funny that they would remember the names of the ones that were adopted out. They even remembered that Im the one that adopted Stripey whome I have renamed Buddy.

So now we are home and all fed and napping. She had a busy day and shes feeling a little better. She doesnt hate me for taking her there so thats a good sign. I know she loves and trusts me. Shes my baby kitty and I want her to be healthy. One thing they want me to do is to make sure I brush her teeth. Ive done this to my dogs but never to a cat. How much fun is this going to be? I guess I will find out tomorrow. Im not going to put her through anything more today.

But shes eating good and drinking good. And snoozing away as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home