Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh What A Night....

I know I go to bed late but damn, this was killer. I went out last night and when I got home, she was still up. Not a major thing though. I put her to bed and set up the gate. This is supposed to keep Buddy out of her room. Yeah it keeps him out but she lets him in. Then she gets all mad because he climbs up and jumps out.

He was in a riled up state last night and was zooming through the house. Completely drove me nuts. She isnt going to sleep any time soon. So anywho, I was sitting in here on line with Jade and it was getting late. I heard the bathroom door opening and closing a few times so I got up to investigate. Sure enough, she was awake and Buddy was in her room. She was talking to him and laughing. I whispered to her that if she doesnt go to sleep now, she was in big trouble.

I took the cat out and closed the gate once again. Shes trying to tell me that he jumps the gate and I know he doesnt. Hes out in the kitchen playing with his tingle balls and I hear someone laughing. I mean full belly laugh. I check in her room and sure enough she has some toys in her bed. Mind you that its now about 1:30 am. Im exhausted and ready to shut it all down. I took cold meds earlier and was almost out but I cant sleep while she is still awake.

Yep, this time I go in and take the toys away. Im getting really tired of this. About 2am I hear the giggling again and now she has Buddy back in there playing with him. Before I could get to her room I hear a scream. Yep, sure enough, he scratched her on the arm. Nothing major. But it was enough that she didnt like it. He wanted to sleep. Yeah can you imagine that? The cat wanted to actually sleep at night. Im stunned but thats besides the point.

So I send him back out of her room and I gave her a little lecture about what sleep is. This time I closed her door. You could see it in her eyes that she was over tired. Im sure you could see it in mine as well. I want sleep.

In the mean time I see him in front of this cabinet that I have across from the bathroom door. The door is closed and there is no lights on. Hes sitting there with his ears cocked up and his head was darting. He was hearing something. He would poke his paw out and then stop to listen again.

I watched this for a little while wondering what the hell he was tracking. It was amusing. Seriously. So I opened the bathroom door so that there was some light. Then I turned the kitchen light on. Hes still there watching and listening to what ever it was that was there. Im thinking that there was something under the cabinet.

By this time hes going crazy for what ever this is. The base goes to the floor so it couldnt have been one of his toys that he was looking for. Watching him more closer, I discovered that what ever it was wasnt under the cabinet but in front of it. What the hell is he tracking? This is driving me crazy now because I want to know what it is. I step in for a closer look. Yeah, Im now standing above him bent over trying to see whats on the carpet.

Hes batting at something but I dont see anything. And what ever it is, he can hear it. I get down on my hands and knees in the kitchen doorway. He takes a swing and misses. He takes another swing and misses again. I lean in closer. He swings again and misses. At least I think he misses.
A little closer and now hes trying with his mouth to bite it. He swings again. Nothing. What the hell is it? He sits back and cocks his head. He follows what ever it is to the right along the edge of the wood on the carpet. What ever it is, its in the crack where the two meet. He bats at it again with his paw. I still cant see what it is he is after.

He swipes again and slam, a home run out onto the kitchen floor. I jumped up to my feet and scrambled backwards. I hit the table with my back and that hurt like hell. Yeah there is a small bruise there now but I dont care. Hes chasing the thing across the floor. But he keeps sending it flying into my foot. So this in turm makes me jump even more. Im trying to get out of his way and he keeps batting at it. All I can see is a tiny brown dot sliding across the floor. Well if its brown, I wouldnt have seen it on the dark burgundy carpet. But he did. And he heard it as well. Thats some pretty sharp hearing. Im keeping him because he will be a kick ass mouser. No more SNAP in my house.

Anywho, hes still batting this thing around and quite frankly, its freaking me out because I still dont know what it is. I mean for all I know its a tiny piece of cat food that he is playing with. Well wait, it cant be because he was tracking it. Cat food doesnt move on its own. Shit. What the hell is it?

Well once again it slides into my foot and bounces a few times. I picked him up just so he would stop swinging at it. HOLYHELLITSASPIDER!!!!!!!!! You sonofab....!!! Hes chasing a spider around my floor and the thing is hitting my foot. Its now crawling trying to get away and its next to my foot!!!! I scream and try to dart out of the way. In the mean time I dropped him and scrambled for a paper towel to kill it. I get the roll and tear off a sheet and crumple it up.

I turn around to trap it and what do I see? Well I dont see a spider. I see a calm kitty sitting there cute as can be all quietly looking up at me for approval. What was he doing? I'll tell you what he was doing. He was looking at me dead in the face and chewing. Yes chewing!!! The little sucker ate it. He ate the spider!!! What do I do? Do I make him spit it out? I picked him up and opened his mouth just in time for him to swallow. Good Gawd!!. He swallowed it.

Now he decides to get all snuggly and hes purring. Did I do good mamma? Did I catch that monster and make sure it couldnt hurt you? Awwwwww what a good kitty. But next time dont eat it. Thats just gross.

In the mean time I didnt even notice that Sara was in my bedroom doorway watching this the entire time. I think she was laughing. In fact I know she was. She just had that look on her face. So yeah I put him down and pick her up and cuddle her too. Shes loving it right up.

Ok guys, bed time. I left my door open but closed the bathroom door. If I dont then he has a field day with the toilet paper. So I crawl into bed and Sara jumps up too. She comes up and snuggles into my neck and I look at the clock. 3:12 am. Im going to dreamland. I just dozed off and I feel something bounce on my bed. Eh...whatever, Im out like a light. I woke up about 6 am to having Sara purring in my neck and a long stretched out furball vibrating against my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home