Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Im Hot!!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Im hot !!!

And this really has nothing to do with what you are thinking. Its just so frelling hot outside. Im very thankful for the AC in the house. Being on a second floor doesnt help in the summer. This is a bright airy apartment but when that sun beats in, its blistering. The winter isnt so bad because heat rises. Plus I dont pay for the heat here.

For the last few days, Ive been trying to stay cool. Thats not an easy task to do if you have to leave the confinements of the freezer. Yeah Im one of those. If its so hot I will either take a cold shower or just stick my head in the freezer. Worse part is, my head doesnt come off so its not like I can leave it in there and close the door. I just cant seem to find the screws.

Tuesday I went to the mall with my father. Leaving the house and going outside was like hitting a brick wall at 90mph. The air was so dead and muggy. Im glad I dont have asthma because I would have collapsed right there on the spot.

My car has ac but when you get in, you have to do this dance with the hot seatbelt buckles before you can do anything. Im sure my neighbors found it quite entertaining. Now you turn the key and hit the ac. A blast of hot air hits you in the face and yours eyebrows are now melted to your upper lip.

I pick him up and head to the mall. So now to go from the car to the mall is like cutting your way through bread dough. Only the dough is melting. Yeah sticky is a good word for it. Once inside the mall, its oh so nice and cool. Ahhhhhhh.....

On the way into the parking lot we noticed a small fire. To me it looked like the BK across the street was on fire. Wow talk about flame broiled. I bet the Big Kids meals are on a discount now. As we hit the mall doors, you can now hear the fire house sending out the alert. What an annoying sound but it sure gets the attention. Well as we cut across the mall inside to go to the 99, we notice that its not the BK that is on fire. Its a car in the mall parking lot.

With the amount of black smoke, you woul have thought there would have been an explosion. The entire car was completely on fire. Hmmm.... Do we duck and cover? Nope. My father is hungry and nothing is going to stop him from getting his plate filled. So into the 99 we go. We can still see the fire from the window. Yeah he had to have a window seat because he has to know whats going on around him at all times. Yeah hes nosey.

So now that the fire company is there putting out this fire, the smoke turns to white. Soon its out and there is a tow truck there. Guess what buddy, that car no longer has tires so Im thinking you wont be towing anything today. Better get a flatbed. Wow and wouldnt you know it, one shows up.

They load it up on the flatbed and it doesnt even look like its a car. Just a smouldering shell. Well that sucks. Wonder what the insurance company will do with this one? My question is, what caused this fire? Im actually concerned because thats a very scary thing to have happen. In this heat, I wouldnt be surprised by anything.

Along comes Wednesday. Yet another blistering day. I have to go look at an apartment in the afternoon so Im trying to hold out as long as I can. Well that apartment was just too damn tiny. And the worse part of it was, the heat was from small radiators in each room. Not too bad but when you have a 6 year old and two cats, that adjustment knob becomes an item for future breakage.

When I mean tiny, I mean 4 people in the place and its crowded. Im thinking they would be better to knock the walls down and make three apartments into one. But at least the bathroom was big enough to actually walk around in. For those of you that dont get that joke, my bathroom that I have now is a closet. Yeah an actual water closet. I can sit on the pot, wash my hands and wash my feet all at the same time. It was once a closet when this house was first built over 100 years ago. Hey, I shouldnt complain too much. At least I dont have to go outside in the heat and sweat my ass off in an outhouse.

So now we decide to go to the fair. Ok, Im game. I like to walk the fairs. Nothing more exciting than smelling 50 different food items all crammed into a one block strip. Nope, Im not hungry anymore. But I was able to get Cami some really cool things for her hair. Dont ask me what they are called because I really dont know. But they are cool. Now if I can only figure out how to make them.

But one thing was a bad note on the way up and on the way back. I had to pass the place where I spent the night one cold Febuary night. It was in a small trailer on RT 50 that in a back bedroom, my precious Holly was born. Seeing that place again brought a huge lump up in my throught and I do admit that I cried. Its only been since April that she has gone away from me but it still hurts like it was yesterday. I know the pain will ease but she will be a part of me forever.

Enough of the sad stuff. I dont want to start crying again. Anywho, today being Thursday, I had a hair apointment this morning. My hair was waaayyy too long again. So yeah I got some cut off. Looks pretty darn good if you ask me.

So after I get that done, I get my butt home because once again, its too darn hot to be outside. I got to relax a little and chat on the phone. Then I decided to take a shower. Well while I was debating on doing that I turned on the computer to write this post and what do you think happened? A frelling spider comes crawling down my desk and was about to land on my keyboard. Well Im sorry buddy but you are a little too close to me.

Im sorry to say this and I know you would understand my fear, but he somehow went squish. Sorry Red. I know you will forgive me. Well, being that it was after I hung up the phone. If I was still talking to you, you would have heard me scream. LOLOL.

So now I can go take my shower to cool off and get the itchy feeling off me. Maybe its just me, but I hate the feeling after I get a hair cut. Lets hope that there arent any friends in the bathroom waiting for me. Im sure that Mr. Spider has a few hanging around. Never fails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home